Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
well it's been a journey since 17th July but just had a call from Luke to confirm my lunchtime collection tomorrow at Brent Cross - all's looking good but they're warning folk that due to the volume of deliveries, cars may only have 100 miles of charge on them on collection....

That said I had 'em check and my shiny new LR is apparently showing as having over 40% so that's good news (I wanted to go for a drive + visit a supercharger anyway) ;) 1 more sleep to go!

Reactions: fimsty
There’s a white on black LR at the moment on the inventory list.
That matches my lease order exactly so just been on chat to try and get it assigned. Unfortunately they told me my order is on hold so couldn’t change it 😡 I was told last week by Tesla that it was live but today a different story!

I’ve just called the lease company to have a moan and to make sure it’s off hold! I don’t see the point in putting it on hold… you’ve placed an order so goes without saying you’d want your car as soon as possible in most cases.

I toyed with the idea of ordering it with a hope of getting my £100 refunded but wasn’t keen to risk losing it.

Hopefully next time if one comes up my order will actually be live!

I NEED HELP, PLEASE!

I think I need to make this a stand alone post, but my Tesla dream may be over only a week from delivery and I'm absolutely crushed. Cars are more than just cars for me, they are a big mental health escape.

The council are refusing to issue a parking permit at our new property in Ealing. My insurance is refusing to insure the car anywhere but my place of residence, ruling out buying a parking space in a secure facility else where.

I'm lost and completely devastated. What can I do?

All my months of planning have gone completely out of the window, can't tell you how utterly empty I feel right now. Sounds pathetic over a car, but its my freedom.

I NEED HELP, PLEASE!

I think I need to make this a stand alone post, but my Tesla dream may be over only a week from delivery and I'm absolutely crushed. Cars are more than just cars for me, they are a big mental health escape.

The council are refusing to issue a parking permit at our new property in Ealing. My insurance is refusing to insure the car anywhere but my place of residence, ruling out buying a parking space in a secure facility else where.

All my months of planning have gone completely out of the window, can't tell you how utterly empty I feel right now. Sounds pathetic over a car, but its my freedom.
That is crap mate, London is becoming more and more inconvenient to live in, no wonder so many Londoners are moving up here to Norfolk!

Maybe you could try reaching out to you local MP, and put the emphasis on the fact that you are buying a BEV to help with the government’s push towards electric etc.

That is crap mate, London is becoming more and more inconvenient to live in, no wonder so many Londoners are moving up here to Norfolk!

Maybe you could try reaching out to you local MP, and put the emphasis on the fact that you are buying a BEV to help with the government’s push towards electric etc.

Thanks for the suggestion, will chase that today, see what they say.

Really is. I only moved down to London 2 years ago after living quite happily up North, partner fancied a change of pace for a bit and I agreed. I miss it up north so much. Wage increased, but as expected so did rent and car insurance. But life is just far, far more complicated down here than it needs to be. I really do not like it at all.

Reactions: mosraza
Thanks for the suggestion, will chase that today, see what they say.

Really is. I only moved down to London 2 years ago after living quite happily up North, partner fancied a change of pace for a bit and I agreed. I miss it up north so much. Wage increased, but as expected so did rent and car insurance. But life is just far, far more complicated down here than it needs to be. I really do not like it at all.
Hopefully you make it out of there one day! Norwich is just perfect really, far enough away from all that smog and crime, but if we fancy a weekend of debauchery we are only a 2 hour drive from central london!

I NEED HELP, PLEASE!

Is there a waiting list for parking?

Can you afford a place with a drive or secure parking? Can't think of another way out of it.

I NEED HELP, PLEASE!

There's nothing physically stopping you from parking somewhere else. What if you happen to visit a friend and are parked away from home? Does that mean you have no coverage?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but insurance can't prove you're parking somewhere permanently unless you actually tell them. Like I said, you could be "visiting a friend".

Any neighbours willing to share a permit?

Reactions: lowgitek
That matches my lease order exactly so just been on chat to try and get it assigned. Unfortunately they told me my order is on hold so couldn’t change it 😡 I was told last week by Tesla that it was live but today a different story!

I’ve just called the lease company to have a moan and to make sure it’s off hold! I don’t see the point in putting it on hold… you’ve placed an order so goes without saying you’d want your car as soon as possible in most cases.

I toyed with the idea of ordering it with a hope of getting my £100 refunded but wasn’t keen to risk losing it.

Hopefully next time if one comes up my order will actually be live!

How do you get on chat, mines through a lease and what to check also not on hold for no reason?

Hopefully you make it out of there one day! Norwich is just perfect really, far enough away from all that smog and crime, but if we fancy a weekend of debauchery we are only a 2 hour drive from central london!

Spent some time in Norwich on Holiday, lovely part of the world! Indeed it is, kinda the perfect balance tbh.

Is there a waiting list for parking?

Can you afford a place with a drive or secure parking? Can't think of another way out of it.

Unfortunately not. My partner did get through to somone at the council who was really helpful but said that because the planning team didn't allocate parking to the property, they can't even force one for us.

Currently trying other options, Churchill may insure us, but its getting even more pricey... I can't wait to move.

There's nothing physically stopping you from parking somewhere else. What if you happen to visit a friend and are parked away from home? Does that mean you have no coverage?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but insurance can't prove you're parking somewhere permanently unless you actually tell them. Like I said, you could be "visiting a friend".

Any neighbours willing to share a permit?

Thats true. Its a bit awkward with permits as they are digitally allocated and assigned to you, and they check things like the V5C to make sure you are the tenant. They are getting cheeky about it...

I NEED HELP, PLEASE!

How annoying, try not to let it send you into a spiral, though 👍 Are there houses with drives in your immediate vicinity? If so, you could run off some leaflets explaining your predicament and asking for anyone to rent you a space on theirs?

How annoying, try not to let it send you into a spiral, though 👍 Are there houses with drives in your immediate vicinity? If so, you could run off some leaflets explaining your predicament and asking for anyone to rent you a space on theirs?

I've tried that avenue... insurance won't insure the vehicle away from the premises. I just seem to be hitting dead ends at every turn right now, and I think I'm actually now out of options. I can't believe it. It's not like I didn't plan and research either.

Reactions: TesTed
I NEED HELP, PLEASE!

Sorry to hear that, I’ve never lived in a city so to me it’s completely alien and ridiculous that you aren’t able to even park in your own street! (In fact, personally, I’d go even further… if you buy a house you should at least be entitled to the bit of parking on the street in front of it!).

I just had a look and there is some poor chap on the end of the @ealingparking Twitter handle who seems to have possibly the worst job in the country, for the time it takes to write a tweet maybe it could be worth a public appeal to them? As someone else mentioned, maybe with your MP in copy?

apart from that, or trying a different insurer just in case that isn’t a general “thing”, I can’t really think of anything helpful to suggest I’m afraid.

Reactions: moodel_tree
Has anyone settled finance with BMW Financial Services prior to purchasing your Tesla recently? I settled mine y'day but BMW FS's systems are down so can't generate the clearance letter which means my onward finance provider for the Tesla won't release funds! They need proof on BMW FS letter head confirming my finance has been settled and cleared.

Anyone in the same boat as me? I've simply been told to "call back tomorrow as our systems might be working by then" by BMW FS. Frustrating to say the least! I'm due to collect on the 29th which should be fine but I need to get everything in place well beforehand. I don't even know if Tesla will accept payment on the day as their texts say it should be 7 days in advance.

Has anyone settled finance with BMW Financial Services prior to purchasing your Tesla recently? I settled mine y'day but BMW FS's systems are down so can't generate the clearance letter which means my onward finance provider for the Tesla won't release funds! They need proof on BMW FS letter head confirming my finance has been settled and cleared.

Anyone in the same boat as me? I've simply been told to "call back tomorrow as our systems might be working by then" by BMW FS. Frustrating to say the least! I'm due to collect on the 29th which should be fine but I need to get everything in place well beforehand. I don't even know if Tesla will accept payment on the day as their texts say it should be 7 days in advance.
I will be settling my PCP outstanding balance with BMW next week, either directly or via whichever car purchasing company buys it, so I hope it’s all sorted by then! Won’t affect me picking up the Tesla though fortunately.

Reactions: ProducedByKang
I NEED HELP, PLEASE!

You need to speak to your local Councillor. There will be 2 or three for your ward you can speak to. Try them all and see who is most proactive. In this case councillors are better placed than your MP to know exactly who to lean on in the council and get things done. (There's a good reason I know this.) At the very least they can kick up a big stink on your behalf but often just the councillor sending an email to the right person tends to sort things out very quickly.
Until then I suggest you find a friend willing to loan their driveway and don't panic.