Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just as a quick update to anyone following my situation, which is doubtfull in of itself 😂

I've managed to find a bespoke insurer who will cover storing the vehicle not at my address of residence, however they would like £3.6k for the privilage with £3k excess for the year. Stored in a locked, CCTV'd and underground garage around 5 mins away. Nutty. To top it all off, that space is then an additional £120/mo.
This is a long shot off the £2.5k insurance and £20/yr for the permit that the council refuse to issue.

I've contacted the local councillors, one of which was helpful to pass me onto someone who could look into it. Although I'm not hopeful on any sort of viable outcome.

I'm 100% torn between heart and head. Cars are my passion and my peace, honestly feel very empty without one and driving is one of my main passions and goals in life.

The worst part is I traded in a car that I loved to get the Tesla, so I'd walk away with nothing, which is beyond devastating.

I don't think I have any other option if I want the car other than to pay the insane premium and hope that the council see reason. Hah, like hell they will, but its worth a shot.

Its 'only' for a year and a half, so one set of premiums. Gah, trying to justify it. It really is down to what will win out, heart or head.

£400 a month in insurance and garage is not worth it.

Save the money, get an even better one when you have a property that can support it.

you'd be better off just renting a car from someone like ONTO for the moment.

I know its weird, but I wouldn't rent a car. It feels like wearing someone elses trousers. Cars are a passion for me, it would have to be my car or none.

£400 a month in insurance and garage is not worth it.

Save the money, get an even better one when you have a property that can support it.

Thats the head speaking, the heart says otherwise. I genuinely don't think I could be without a car that long that isn't mine to enjoy, driving is what I live for and its my escape/enjoyment. It just kills me that this artificial barrier has been placed up of such arbitrary cost and impact, but its completely destroyed me. Being without a car for this wait has been the longest 2 months of my life, not waiting for the car as I zoned out of that pretty quickly - just being without a vehicle to call my own and enjoy.

I'm being a bit of an arse here has I'm seeking validation on a decision I know full well is stupid, but sometimes the heart wins out.

Last edited:
Reactions: TesTed
I just paid of my PCP finance on BMW website, can’t believe how easy it was! But I guess Cazoo might want the settlement letter before they buy the car off me?
Yeah, the might want to see it. Give BMW FS a call and request a letter of clearance. They'll email it to and it'll also appear in your online portal/account. Once I spoke to an agent who could do it, the letter came through in about 5 mins.

I just paid of my PCP finance on BMW website, can’t believe how easy it was! But I guess Cazoo might want the settlement letter before they buy the car off me?
Cazoo didn't ask us for a settlement letter. They do a check on the car 48 hours before collection. We paid our finance off on Monday and the car is being collected tomorrow. They did ring with one issue - the V5 was less than 6 months old which was because we'd updated our home address. Thankfully, we found the old one too and we're satisfied with that.

So I have picked up!!
There is a few mini scratches at the drivers side door handle and some glue residue on the charge port. The wheel alignment is off too but I’m booked in for a service on Friday at 3pm where they’ll fix all of this.

all in all very happy, but going black does mean you see a whole lot more !!
Anyone else had an issue with wheel alignment?

• Love
Reactions: Magstauk