Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you guys are like me and have been watching every Youtube Model 3 video possible to pass the time waiting for your car to arrive, maybe you have missed this brilliant series of 6 videos in which they tear down the 2021 Model 3 and analyse the parts of the car, comparing it to a 2018 Model 3 and a Model Y that they’ve already completely stripped down!!

Last edited:
Smooth and easy collection experience at Manchester Trafford Centre yesterday. Super easy to get over there by tram from Picadilly (thanks for the travel advice folks)!

Only two hitches- worth knowing about as I know a few of you are picking up very soon:
  • The Tesla collection point was outside the not-yet-completed Selfridges entrance, not Debenhams as was mentioned in every Tesla email/text. Had a mild panic when I couldn’t find Debenhams anywhere!
  • The car was delivered with a 23% charge. Not enough to get me home which was a bit annoying as I wanted to head off. Luckily there was a 7KW public charger just nearby in one of the Trafford Centre car parks so I had my first charging experience and a play with the settings over a Five Guys whilst waiting for enough charge to leave. The team did warn me it wouldn’t be a full charge in my pre-delivery call but I didn’t think it would be this low!

Last edited:
Smooth and easy collection experience at Manchester Trafford Centre yesterday. Super easy to get over there by tram from Picadilly (thanks for the travel advice folks)!

Only two hitches- worth knowing about as I know a few of you are picking up very soon:
  • The Tesla collection point was outside the not-yet-completed Selfridges entrance, not Debenhams as was mentioned in every Tesla email/text. Had a mild panic when I couldn’t find Debenhams anywhere!
  • The car was delivered with a 23% charge. Not enough to get me home which was a bit annoying as I wanted to head off. Luckily there was a 7KW public charger just nearby in one of the Trafford Centre car parks so I had my first charging experience and a play with the settings over a Five Guys whilst waiting for enough charge to leave. The team did warn me it wouldn’t be a full charge in my pre-delivery call but I didn’t think it would be this low!
Good to know, I know where the Tesla collection point is as I’d been to the trafford centre a few times recently, but good to know about the charge!

It’s the old Debenhams entrance, they went bust remember

Reactions: markgyork

Thanks for the update and heads up. We are pick up ours tomorrow from there.

Just found an exact match on Inventory!!
MSM, white interior, (not a demo)
Managed to get it assigned to my Account, although it disappeared half way through whilst Emma at Tesla was doing the switch, but she noticed and got it back!
Only problem I've got is I have to collect from Brent Cross London, they won't move it.
Can anyone explain where the collection point is at the shopping centre, thanks.
Can't believe I've got one, thought I was going to have to wait another 2 months.
That’s what is good and bad about Tesla’s disruptive business model. Something that works well for people who are willing to dump the traditional retail business model and making car business as similar to an iPad or iPhone business. There is an overarching theme at every stage and that is car making is moving more towards software driven rather than hardware driven and this shows in every aspect of their model.

Last edited:
Why Inventory cars are so costly than new one I ordered few weeks back? I order M3LR.
They often make you take EAP or FSD which bumps the price up, then sweeten the deal on the demo cars by knocking a few grand off. Tesla get more money but no future FSD upsell opportunity, the buyer gets a car with an FSD feature they think they want but will probably never get the full benefit from.

Glasgow just had another ~20 Tesla’s delivered. Hundreds in the collection part.

white the dominant colour, few red and blue, and then several MSM and black.
The 19 wheels seem to be quite popular. If they were black or graphite I would have upgraded but I personally don’t like the colour against a black car.

Glasgow just had another ~20 Tesla’s delivered. Hundreds in the collection part.

The 19 wheels seem to be quite popular. If they were black or graphite I would have upgraded but I personally don’t like the colour against a black car.

I don’t understand why people would pay extra for the 19” wheels personally. Harder ride and less efficiency.

Reactions: moodel_tree

If they offered the 20's on non performance models I'd have defo upgraded. I wouldn't mind a dip in efficiency as I had ordered the LR

I don’t understand why people would pay extra for the 19” wheels personally. Harder ride and less efficiency.
Different strokes for different folks I guess. If they look good that might be enough

My SA just told me my car has 40% SoC but because of all the cars there for delivery it is unluckily it will receive more. I saw somewhere that someone charged locally at Manchester before heading home. I don’t want to be going in the wrong direction to the superchargers at Tesla SC so does anyone have a closer charge spot they can recommend. I will be stopping for lunch almost immediately after collecting my car on Monday