Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
News to me but maybe someone with an SR+ can confirm.
Can confirm that's it's NOT with the heated rear seats option. Bought that option and don't have (yet?) the heated steering wheel. Being from Canada, this would become handy if it does.

Before someone mentions that I should have bought the LR instead of SR+, yeah, I could have but that would have meant I would have lost the $8,000 cashback from Québec since the LR version is above the $60,000 maximum MSRP allowed for that program. That SR+ $8,000 cashback makes the LR much more expensive than the SR+.

Reactions: MrT3
Was all set to pick up next Tuesday (ordered Monday) from Southampton and then got a call saying the car is in Brent Cross (inventory car) and won't make it to Southampton till Thursday. Was told that could collect from Brent Cross anytime though but I really dont fancy the palaver of going into London so next Thursday it is. Had the VIN as of Tuesday and reg came through Wednesday along with the final invoice. Thought I was all set for payment as had them as a payee on my account from last year but they gave me different bank details so that was a step back to sending the £1 as to confirm.

Edit: Just to say that its not helpful that the banks are unable to confirm their bank details as being genuine and this will probably make a few people anxious.

Last edited:
I ordered the LR in Blue with 19" wheels, no indication of likely delivery date yet (probably November), I live just down the road in Bramhall from the Stockport Tesla Dealer and the pickup is Trafford Centre (is that normal?).
Yes normal - the dealers are just showrooms/service centres. They tend to just deliver cars to a collection centre and certain locations offer delivery.

Omg I'm buzzing this feels like Christmas eve. I don't think I have ever been this exited over a car
My partner thinks I'm a sado and just keeps saying "it's just a car" I'm here thinking why am I even with you. He's just a man 🤷🏾‍♀️ 😂

The day just needs to hurry up so I can go to bed the same time as my kids to get the last sleep over with 😝

Reactions: Beatjammer
Omg I'm buzzing this feels like Christmas eve. I don't think I have ever been this exited over a car
My partner thinks I'm a sado and just keeps saying "it's just a car" I'm here thinking why am I even with you. He's just a man 🤷🏾‍♀️ 😂

The day just needs to hurry up so I can go to bed the same time as my kids to get the last sleep over with 😝
He's just a man but Model 3 is not just a car, it is more than that. How will it sound if you tell him that:)

This is frustrating the crap out of me now! Just had a shitty call from Tesla (I assume delivery team) who are well aware I'm financing through a 3rd party lender (Santander).

I'm scheduled to collect my M3 LR on the 29th. My lender has confirmed they'll transfer funds on the 28th and provide me with proof of transfer. They usually transfer on the date of first registration (as per their policy) but because I requested an earlier payment as per Tesla's payment terms, the best they could do is 24 hours.

Tesla have called and said if the invoice isn't settled by Monday then my order will be cancelled. WTF?! Has anyone had this happen to them? My broker is Forza Finance who explained that this is just a Tesla tactic and to ignore it. I've called my SA who said he'll speak to the delivery team but I'm genuinely concerned I'll lose the car!

What Tesla should do as a part of their order process is if the purchase is being financed via a 3rd party then they should ask for proof of acceptance to be uploaded to the portal, in the same way they ask for a drivers licence to be uploaded. This should at the very least set expectation with Tesla that (a) it's a financed purchase and (b) Tesla will be paid on the date of first registration. I assume most finance companies would operate in a similar way.

ARGGHHHH!

Reactions: moodel_tree
This is frustrating the crap out of me now! Just had a shitty call from Tesla (I assume delivery team) who are well aware I'm financing through a 3rd party lender (Santander).

I'm scheduled to collect my M3 LR on the 29th. My lender has confirmed they'll transfer funds on the 28th and provide me with proof of transfer. They usually transfer on the date of first registration (as per their policy) but because I requested an earlier payment as per Tesla's payment terms, the best they could do is 24 hours.

Tesla have called and said if the invoice isn't settled by Monday then my order will be cancelled. WTF?! Has anyone had this happen to them? My broker is Forza Finance who explained that this is just a Tesla tactic and to ignore it. I've called my SA who said he'll speak to the delivery team but I'm genuinely concerned I'll lose the car!

What Tesla should do as a part of their order process is if the purchase is being financed via a 3rd party then they should ask for proof of acceptance to be uploaded to the portal, in the same way they ask for a drivers licence to be uploaded. This should at the very least set expectation with Tesla that (a) it's a financed purchase and (b) Tesla will be paid on the date of first registration. I assume most finance companies would operate in a similar way.

ARGGHHHH!
Well I’d say it’s a tactic, as in your online account it’s says you need to bring proof of wire transfer on collection

Reactions: moodel_tree