Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, new to the forum and after some advice. Had an order for a white Model 3 SR+ since August and was advised that we were looking at a September delivery. The leasing company that the car has been purchased through is saying that they can't get any info out of Tesla for all the cars that they have on order including ours and they are still all pending a match. I have noticed since Saturday that Tesla seems to be listing quite a few model 3's in the configuration that we have on order on their own website with another 5 being listed tonight and 3 of those being the configuration that we have ordered. Is this normal or should I be concerned that something isn't right?

Also, wondering if people with August orders are still waiting for their cars to be matched and is it likely that after the 30th of September Tesla will still have cars to match up to pending orders?

Thanks for any help with these question

Hi everyone, new to the forum and after some advice. Had an order for a white Model 3 SR+ since August and was advised that we were looking at a September delivery. The leasing company that the car has been purchased through is saying that they can't get any info out of Tesla for all the cars that they have on order including ours and they are still all pending a match. I have noticed since Saturday that Tesla seems to be listing quite a few model 3's in the configuration that we have on order on their own website with another 5 being listed tonight and 3 of those being the configuration that we have ordered. Is this normal or should I be concerned that something isn't right?

Also, wondering if people with August orders are still waiting for their cars to be matched and is it likely that after the 30th of September Tesla will still have cars to match up to pending orders?

Thanks for any help with these question
When did you get your RN number from Tesla? They started giving November as an estimated delivery date from around 27 August, before then and the estimate would have been September.

You are best to contact Tesla rather than your lease company for an update - give them your RN number and get them to check your order isn't on hold which sometimes seems to be an issue with lease companies.

If a vehicle that is matched to a customer becomes available due to a late cancellation or someone is unable to collect on the date provided, those vehicles seem to go on the website for people to order against - they don't get matched to people waiting inline, so you are very unlikely to get a match for Sept now if you haven't been given a delivery date.

Reactions: keoghrichard
When did you get your RN number from Tesla? They started giving November as an estimated delivery date from around 27 August, before then and the estimate would have been September.

You are best to contact Tesla rather than your lease company for an update - give them your RN number and get them to check your order isn't on hold which sometimes seems to be an issue with lease companies.

If a vehicle that is matched to a customer becomes available due to a late cancellation or someone is unable to collect on the date provided, those vehicles seem to go on the website for people to order against - they don't get matched to people waiting inline, so you are very unlikely to get a match for Sept now if you haven't been given a delivery date.
Hi MrT3,

I'm not sure of the exact day that we received the RN number but it was before the 27th of August. Do you know the best way to contact Tesla?

Such a strange way to work that Tesla doesn't match up cancelled orders with existing orders.

Really disappointing to hear that I probably won't get a match now from the September delivery. A bit concerned that November is going to roll around and I'm in the same situation again.

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.

Hi MrT3,

I'm not sure of the exact day that we received the RN number but it was before the 27th of August. Do you know the best way to contact Tesla?

Such a strange way to work that Tesla doesn't match up cancelled orders with existing orders.

Really disappointing to hear that I probably won't get a match now from the September delivery. A bit concerned that November is going to roll around and I'm in the same situation again.

I doubt the issue is down to Tesla, it’s far more likely to be due to the lease company, I only ever read of these issues from people who are leasing through a third party company. I guess there is a reason why Tesla PCH deals are slightly more expensive.

Reactions: moodel_tree
I doubt the issue is down to Tesla, it’s far more likely to be due to the lease company, I only ever read of these issues from people who are leasing through a third party company. I guess there is a reason why Tesla PCH deals are slightly more expensive.
I wasn't aware that issues seem to come from using leasing companies. So frustrating. Going to contact Tesla in the morning to see if I can find out some more info about what is going on.

I wasn't aware that issues seem to come from using leasing companies. So frustrating. Going to contact Tesla in the morning to see if I can find out some more info about what is going on.
I think I’ve seen people saying that they’ve managed to reserve an inventory car from Tesla and then swap that on to their lease order. Probably only valid on new (not ex demo cars) but if you’re seeing your spec in inventory maybe see if the leasing company are able to do that with you.

good luck!

I think I’ve seen people saying that they’ve managed to reserve an inventory car from Tesla and then swap that on to their lease order. Probably only valid on new (not ex demo cars) but if you’re seeing your spec in inventory maybe see if the leasing company are able to do that with you.

good luck!
That could be a way to go. I will see what they say tomorrow. Might have to sit on the Tesla site constantly refreshing 😂 Thanks for the heads up Bobly.

Hi MrT3,

We get the same questions from so many about leasing via third parties. You traded cost and control for convenience and cash flow. Want a job done right… do it yourself

Reactions: moodel_tree

Just give them a ring (Choose option 4 from memory), quote your RN number and they will let you know what's happening. Have been very helpful with me when chasing my order recently

Sometimes it is out of the person's control to use a lease company if it is a company vehicle or via a salary sacrifice scheme.
Exactly that Mr T3. If I didn't go through the leasing company then I wouldn't have been able to get my dream car. I would have loved to have been able to order direct through Tesla.

Trying to find the best way to contact Tesla this morning but they don't seem to make it too easy to find a telephone number!?

Collected from the NEC in Birmingham yesterday. 😊
Really smooth process. I got there about 50 mins early due to catching an earlier train than planned.
I was the only person there at collection time.
No faults, damage, panel gap issues etc so I was really pleased.

The car wasn't very well cleaned as you could see the drying cloth marks inside and out. Looked shiny enough until sunlight hit it on the drive to Hopwood supercharger.

I charged it up to 270 miles which took about 25 mins from the 83 miles it had remaining when I got there.
Seems the supercharger prices have gone up quite a bit as it was charged at 37p/Kwh

Here are a few pics of the hall and my car.
I've ordered locking wheel nuts as I was amazed to find they don't fit them as standard.
Also going to remove the Aero covers and put my Amazon special nut and centre caps on today.

Charged it over night at home and now sitting there with 290 mile range ready to use today whilst the rest of the country are trying to horde fuel.

My brother also picked his car up an hour before me.

Tesla-01.jpg
Tesla-02.jpg
Tesla-03.jpg
Tesla-04.jpg
Tesla-06.jpg
Tesla-07.jpg
Tesla-08.jpg
Tesla-10.jpg

Tesla-11.jpg

Last edited:
Exactly that Mr T3. If I didn't go through the leasing company then I wouldn't have been able to get my dream car. I would have loved to have been able to order direct through Tesla.

Trying to find the best way to contact Tesla this morning but they don't seem to make it too easy to find a telephone number!?
I think they like you to contact your local Tesla showroom which you should be able to find the number for on Google

Lots of members have used the chat function successfully to trace whether their lease company managed to do the order.

Reactions: OddityError
I have placed an order through lease via salary sacrifice. Only really to take advantage of the tax savings and inclusive insurance, maintenance etc. I received my RN on 14th Sept so I knew it would be a Nov delivery unless cancellation etc.

My main issue with it is that the orders do seem to enter Teslas system ‘on hold’ as others have said on here recently. I have tried with all my might to match it with an inventory car but they won’t do it as it’s ‘on hold’ and they won’t change it. Nor will the lease company.

Very frustrating process not knowing the reasons why they won’t just assign it to an inventory car as others have been able to do.

Does anyone have any experience with lease order? When did it get taken off hold? Start of the next quarter or is it just a random decision?

I have placed an order through lease via salary sacrifice. Only really to take advantage of the tax savings and inclusive insurance, maintenance etc. I received my RN on 14th Sept so I knew it would be a Nov delivery unless cancellation etc.

My main issue with it is that the orders do seem to enter Teslas system ‘on hold’ as others have said on here recently. I have tried with all my might to match it with an inventory car but they won’t do it as it’s ‘on hold’ and they won’t change it. Nor will the lease company.

Very frustrating process not knowing the reasons why they won’t just assign it to an inventory car as others have been able to do.

Does anyone have any experience with lease order? When did it get taken off hold? Start of the next quarter or is it just a random decision?
Not sure of the whole process but others have commented saying that the order is on hold as the members requested the car to be delivered or needed during certain month. I am not sure whether you have to enter a specific month when you want the car with the lease company? That may be one of the reason why Tesla puts it on hold - as that's the date they will work towards rather than allocating a car from inventory when it is available. We have had these discussions in the forum before why Tesla does it that way - it is their business model and most car dealers in the forecourt do the same thing unfortunately.

Last edited:
Not sure of the whole process but others have commented saying that the order is on hold as the members requested the car to be delivered or needed during certain month. I am not sure whether you have to enter a specific month when you want the car with the lease company? That may be one of the reason why Tesla puts it on hold - as that's the date they will work towards rather than allocating a car from inventory when it is available. We have had these discussions in the forum before why Tesla does it that way - it is their business model and most car dealers in the forecourt do the same thing unfortunately.
Yep - I'm in this exact boat, current car cant go back till 15th October so Tesla have my order on hold till 19th October (ordered in May).....i'll be on the phone on 15th October to get it taken off hold! I may even call slightly earlier on the assumption mine wont be available prior to 15th October. I'm with Hitachi Capital (comp car) btw.