Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took a test drive at Newcastle today and asked about lead times, and the rep told me that December is looking more likely than November at this point as allocations are going out thick and fast.

Tempted to take the plunge but also want to see if the range estimate for the LR gets bumped to 380 miles when the delivery estimate slips from November and this current batch is gone (which would mean it'd have the new LG batteries as per the rest of Europe)... decisions decisions! :)

Took a test drive at Newcastle today and asked about lead times, and the rep told me that December is looking more likely than November at this point as allocations are going out thick and fast.

Tempted to take the plunge but also want to see if the range estimate for the LR gets bumped to 380 miles when the delivery estimate slips from November and this current batch is gone (which would mean it'd have the new LG batteries as per the rest of Europe)... decisions decisions! :)

If this happened, how would you confirm that you received a car with the 82kWh battery?

What’s all this about new batteries? Should I be holding off for a little while? If Europe is getting a higher quality battery I’d want one of those.
I think there are some long range models in europe getting bigger batteries with 380 WLTP rated range rather than 360.

The difficulty is that Tesla are notorious for keeping the exact battery sizes a secret and in real world not sure how much difference you would see with these bigger packs.

Someone else asked Tesla this, and they gave a categorical no!

I put my short plates on today with tape, really no issues having the holes behind it:View attachment 717845
Man, the red M3s I've seen on this forum look like the promotional images Tesla use on the website! Every time I went to see a red one in person at a SC, it didn't live up to my expectations so I went white instead, but looking at these images has given me buyer's remorse a little - incredible colour

Reactions: teaston
Man, the red M3s I've seen on this forum look like the promotional images Tesla use on the website! Every time I went to see a red one in person at a SC, it didn't live up to my expectations so I went white instead, but looking at these images has given me buyer's remorse a little - incredible colour
Thanks mate, I do really love it. It is getting a lot of attention from clients and passers by though, so maybe the colour is a bit too nice!

It really shines in direct sunlight:
C363896D-58FD-4B61-A4F8-1A1B3714D9A8.jpeg

Does anybody have an idea when the first lot of vins will be assigned for Q4?
I asked Tesla this exact question today. Their response was the standard cut and paste response as seen on this thread yesterday.

Basically… you are looking at Nov/Dec delivery and will get a VIN once car is in transit etc. etc.

My feeling is that delivery times are going to slip now even for those ordering early Sept. Depending on specifications etc.

Reactions: Jayster
Someone else asked Tesla this, and they gave a categorical no!

I put my short plates on today with tape, really no issues having the holes behind it
Every car I ever bought new i requested they stick the plates on not drill the bumper.

Every car I ever picked up new had holes in the bumper…. 😂

Placed reservation start of the month and it said Nov, added tow bar “off menu” after being told December with tow bar and now Tesla account has some sort of “we’ll let you know“ status for ETA. Not overly worried, missed the battery pack change mention above and would wait the extra month or two for that.p even if it means he new year.

Confident the Tesla elves are being whipped to get it here before Dec 31st though…

• Funny
Reactions: teaston
I hope you are right with mid October, but from what I am reading on here and what is being reported in the shipping thread I think it will be more like late November/December.

However I hope you are right as I have had my order in since 5th September and was originally told early November (don't think that will happen)
Vins will start to be allocated mid Oct for delivery in mid to late Nov.