Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also ordered on 2/10

M3 LR+ / Grey / Black, be nice if I had a more accurate date from Tesla as I need to sell my current car prior to delivery but need my car for my daily commute!
I ordered a M3LR White/Black on the 1st October so am waiting for a VIN as well. I'm trading my current car (6month old Audi A4 Avant) to Tesla for just under 29k. I could probably get slightly more from another dealer but with Tesla they guarantee the value for 60 days so I can continue to drive my Audi that runs on dinosaurs until I hopefully get delivery before the 7th of December.

No chance. If they build anything it'll be LHD LR/P Y's.

I don't think they even have a model 3 line.
Yeah was a long shot alright, probably a good thing as It would take time getting the quality standards up in a new facility. Looks like a rush of ordering with the Fuel issues in the UK, and also in Ireland good chance Government grants and tax exemptions will be dropped for 2022. Have been told all going well earliest delivery will be December.

Ordered SR+ in white paint at the end of September. Just changed it over to black paint (with black interior) and was told deliveries are looking more likely for December now, rather November which it was when I ordered (think it still may say that tbf). Looking forward to it! (Can’t wait to get rid of my ID3!)

Ordered SR+ in white paint at the end of September. Just changed it over to black paint (with black interior) and was told deliveries are looking more likely for December now, rather November which it was when I ordered (think it still may say that tbf). Looking forward to it! (Can’t wait to get rid of my ID3!)
Great to hear you are coming over to the light side! 🤣
What has been your beef with the ID3?

Great to hear you are coming over to the light side! 🤣
What has been your beef with the ID3?
😂
Ah the ID3 sigh… dead 12v battery when I picked it up. Took two visits to the garage before they conceded and replaced it. Had problems with dashboard rebooting as I’m driving, alarm going off at random times, keyless entry not working half the time, and more recently (just got it back today from the garage intact!) the pedestrian acoustic system failed. Which apparently is why the dynamic corner headlights, front indicators, and collision detection systems all failed too 😂

Jeez sounds bad when I write it all down. It’s not a bad car to drive in all fairness to it, I just don’t like having to worry what’s going to go wrong with it next.

Reactions: Tom Tes
😂
Ah the ID3 sigh… dead 12v battery when I picked it up. Took two visits to the garage before they conceded and replaced it. Had problems with dashboard rebooting as I’m driving, alarm going off at random times, keyless entry not working half the time, and more recently (just got it back today from the garage intact!) the pedestrian acoustic system failed. Which apparently is why the dynamic corner headlights, front indicators, and collision detection systems all failed too 😂

Jeez sounds bad when I write it all down. It’s not a bad car to drive in all fairness to it, I just don’t like having to worry what’s going to go wrong with it next.
That’s a shame. I had an ID3 for a few days and, while the interior is pretty shameful, it drives very well. I also had an issue with the sound system, it just wouldn’t work at all until I pressed the voice call button and it suddenly offered to pair via Bluetooth. I was then able to connect CarPlay. Before that no matter what I did didn’t work, hard resets of the console included.

😂

I heard there were a few SW problems alright!!

I test drove ID4 and Ioniq 5 but the M3 still the winner, was concerned about Space (for couple of kids seats) but there's plenty. Also might invest in a roof rack just in case for family trips. Also helped Tesla seem to be more reliable on delivery dates.

What difference do the batteries make? Sorry new to this wondering what the differences are.

The 82kWh battery offers 382 miles range for the long range, but this hasn’t reached the UK yet. UK Long Range is currently 77.4kWh (360 miles). There were rumours of the Q4 batch having it.

The 82kWh battery offers 382 miles range for the long range, but this hasn’t reached the UK yet. UK Long Range is currently 77.4kWh (360 miles). There were rumours of the Q4 batch having it.

Thanks mate will have a read of that..

Got the text this morning to say "vehicle arrival date is being calculated"

I'm sure somewhere there is a list of events but I can't seem to find it, can someone point me in the right direction or if I'm imagining it give me some kind of indication as to what stage I'm currently sitting at??

Is this pre VIN or is the vehicle on its way or is it in the UK pending delivery etc.

I ordered a M3LR White/Black on the 1st October so am waiting for a VIN as well. I'm trading my current car (6month old Audi A4 Avant) to Tesla for just under 29k. I could probably get slightly more from another dealer but with Tesla they guarantee the value for 60 days so I can continue to drive my Audi that runs on dinosaurs until I hopefully get delivery before the 7th of December.
Ordered my M3LR Grey / Black on 2/10, moving on from my V8 S550 Mustang. want to sell the S550 Privately as Tesla offered peanuts for it, but very difficult when you have no idea when the new car is coming :)

That’s a shame. I had an ID3 for a few days and, while the interior is pretty shameful, it drives very well. I also had an issue with the sound system, it just wouldn’t work at all until I pressed the voice call button and it suddenly offered to pair via Bluetooth. I was then able to connect CarPlay. Before that no matter what I did didn’t work, hard resets of the console included.
I also had an ID3 (for a few hours) that was a few hours to many. I agree, it drove quite well, I also agree the interior is horrible, I had an Egolf at the time which was totally reliable and the ID3 was a “first” (worst) edition with horrific issues with software that seemed riddled with faults, my Tesla M3 is far from perfect software wise but a joy to drive… albeit at a slightly higher purchase price.
I guess you pays yer money and takes yer choice, FWIW I’m happy with my choice😁