Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the above two replies to my question, order to collection time looks more like 3 month so for me to get mine in 1st March I should order it on 1st December?
You could still end up being matched to a Q4 car if ordering in December, you can always place an order to get an RN and ask them to put it on hold until Q1 21.
Just explain when you are wanting the car and they should be able to help.

As for MYs. I ordered my M3LR on 6 Oct, obviously too early for VINs or anything. Also ordered MYLR just now. Hoping to get my M3 in December, and then MY is near delivery, use current high demand of used cars to sell the nearly-new M3 privately for a good price (currently nearly all used M3s are more expensive than the new ones). Worst case I lose my £100 deposit.

Called Tesla today for an update using the RN number. Ordered M3LR white/black on 17th of September, still no VIN but doesn’t think I’ll get a text for about 3-4 weeks yet. He did say he is expecting a shipment at end of this month for those before me.

Called Tesla today for an update using the RN number. Ordered M3LR white/black on 17th of September, still no VIN but doesn’t think I’ll get a text for about 3-4 weeks yet. He did say he is expecting a shipment at end of this month for those before me.
I'm not sure of the process but I think the first batch of VIN/delivery texts have gone out to those who ordered mid-late August... next batch might be early Sept, then mid Sept, etc - hopefully week on week but we'll see!

Reactions: jlz78
Ugh this whole process is the worst, seriously considering just cancelling now and going Audi etron or something more predictable, my lease ends at the end of November and not knowing if I will even have a car over winter is just worrying/annoying. Tesla need to sort themselves out.

Ugh this whole process is the worst, seriously considering just cancelling now and going Audi etron or something more predictable, my lease ends at the end of November and not knowing if I will even have a car over winter is just worrying/annoying. Tesla need to sort themselves out.
But aren’t most other cars on a massive lead time? I looked at a Volvo xc40 (6 month wait) and the Audi q4 etron could have been up to a year dependant on spec. I don’t like this process either but it’s still a much shorter wait than anything else

Reactions: BevyBoy
I went for something more predictable supposedly (also VW group), initially would be a few weeks to a few months then 3 months later they said they had no idea when I'd get it.

I personally think your safer sticking with M3 but maybe try both you'll only loose 100 on the tesla if you cancel. I'm still waiting on a sizable deposition from VW 2 months after I cancelled it.

VW (Including Audi) have massive order books bigger issues with chip shortage and apparently take something like 3 times longer to build a car.

Apparently ID.3 for example takes 30 hours
Tesla M3 takes 10 hours.

Just make sure they can commit to the date, from what I've seen many dealers won't even give a date now as they want to cover themselves.

But aren’t most other cars on a massive lead time? I looked at a Volvo xc40 (6 month wait) and the Audi q4 etron could have been up to a year dependant on spec. I don’t like this process either but it’s still a much shorter wait than anything else
Indeed depends if they have any in stock that you are willing to live with - although that is a downside with the German cars - everything is an option!
I went for something more predictable supposedly (also VW group), initially would be a few weeks to a few months then 3 months later they said they had no idea when I'd get it.

I personally think your safer sticking with M3 but maybe try both you'll only loose 100 on the tesla if you cancel. I'm still waiting on a sizable deposition from VW 2 months after I cancelled it.

VW (Including Audi) have massive order books bigger issues with chip shortage and apparently take something like 3 times longer to build a car.

Apparently ID.3 for example takes 30 hours
Tesla M3 takes 10 hours.

Just make sure they can commit to the date, from what I've seen many dealers won't even give a date now as they want to cover themselves.
Yeah I suppose it's a really bad time to be ordering a car... it's just annoying having to refresh pages and check the chrome plugin, plus the Red T logo is looking at me all day whilst I work...

Reactions: BevyBoy
Indeed depends if they have any in stock that you are willing to live with - although that is a downside with the German cars - everything is an option!

Yeah I suppose it's a really bad time to be ordering a car... it's just annoying having to refresh pages and check the chrome plugin, plus the Red T logo is looking at me all day whilst I work...
Yeah but on the bright side at least uncertainty from the start instead of false promises :) I've stopped checking now, better for my sanity. "To get a VIN, or not get a VIN that is the question"!

My son took delivery of his etron a couple of weeks ago but waited ages for it (about 8 months I think). They kept giving him dates that came and went with no car appearing and communication was poor to non existent. The reality was they hadn't got a clue when it would be ready.

It's a lovely car, though maybe a bit boring compared to a Tesla, but I wouldn't hold them up as a shining example of predicable delivery.

I had to move my current car on in March, bought a little van as a run around instead while I waited for the M3. Should have been ordered 1st Jan but a series of screw ups has left me carless in October. Hopefully November is the month I get out of the van and back in to a car haha