Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those that received the text re delivery date, did you receive your registration number as well? Just wondering how much time one has to organise insurance
You normally receive a reg text message about a week before. You can reply to other text messages you receive from them with REG and they may give it to you earlier, but they won't allocate one too far in advance.

Reactions: rds1
Has anyone with a Southampton pick up had a delivery/collection text? I've had the VIN now for just under a week but haven't heard a peep from them about collection... whereas a friend who has ordered near enough the same car has, but they're collecting from Bluewater I think.
Turns out I typoed my phone number in the order (but is correct in my profile) and they were sending the texts but I wasn't receiving them. Booked a collection now for the 11th in Southampton :)

Reactions: jhnbssll
Same spec as I've ordered 18/09 no VIN yet :(

Finally managed to speak to someone this morning and apparently I had been assigned to Birmingham even though I had put Brent Cross. Apparently Brent Cross is no longer available.

Anyway, now booked to collect from Thorpe Park on Nov 10th.! Could have had 4th Nov if I'd been willing to travel further.

Getting excited now.
Ha, What a coincidence. I had the exact same thing happen to me as well this morning., Moved from Brent Cross to Thorpe park. Makes sense as it would be Christmas shopping time and shopping centres will get busier. I would prefer a more calm/peaceful setting.

Reactions: MrBob
Anybody know when the VIN shows up? I mean to say how long after an order at the beginning of the quarter. I have order an 3LR all black on the 27th of Sept for pickup in Southampton
I don’t think it’s a specific time, they are allocated as cars are loaded into the ships (i think), I’m the same spec as yours and haven’t heard anything yet, car was ordered about 15th sept (company car so not sure of exact) Looks like a lot that have received vins/delivery texts are august orders

What is the average delivery time – how many weeks did it take from placing the order to collecting the car?

I’m in no hurry, my personal circumstances are such that my preferred deliver date is the 1st March. I would like to pay my deposit and get my order in but Tesla will not allow me to choose a future date I must take it when it comes so I want to try and time it as best I can. I see that the web site has just changed from November to December indicating that deliveries are in the range of 6 weeks from order . . . is that correct, does that time frame fit in with your recent order/delivery?

What is the average delivery time – how many weeks did it take from placing the order to collecting the car?

I’m in no hurry, my personal circumstances are such that my preferred deliver date is the 1st March. I would like to pay my deposit and get my order in but Tesla will not allow me to choose a future date I must take it when it comes so I want to try and time it as best I can. I see that the web site has just changed from November to December indicating that deliveries are in the range of 6 weeks from order . . . is that correct, does that time frame fit in with your recent order/delivery?
I ordered on 14/08 and have a delivery date of 6/11. Its a really difficult one to judge as a lot of people ordered the same time as me and received their orders in Sept

Reactions: Forty_Two
Ordered my LR 30th August.
VIN in source code Friday 8th Oct.
Delivery text Thursday 14th October.
Collection options 5-8th Nov.
Delivery on 14th Oct / collection on 8th November (3 weeks) . . . . . I presume delivery means to the dealer/showroom? What are they doing with it for 3 weeks - is that normal? What date appears on the Reg Doc as the date of registration?

Tesla work on a quarterly manufacturing and order fulfilment cycle. They don't strictly manufacture cars based on the orders placed, rather they manufacture a bunch of M3 cars of varing specs every quarter and then match manufactured cars to outstanding orders. This is why it is always a guessing game in terms of when ones order will be fulfilled. This is why it really depends on the specs you order and what's manufactured in the quarter that will determine the length of time between order and collection. In short, I don't think it is possible to accurately guess when your will be delivered if you placed an order in December.