Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But I’d expect rather than cars being still random of what you might get, they’d have a clear cut off from one batch to the new batch. So I expect any changes have now happened at least for q4

Eg if Tesla say all LR will have 82 then all deliveries coming through now will have 82kw
Just noticed your edit. There may be leftovers from the Q3 build that are being shipped in Q4.

Exactly this.

In addition, Tesla GB website still shows that if you order one today (for Dec delivery) the LR still shows as a 360mile range car, which is the 77kWh battery spec. The 82kWh battery has 615km range, or 382 miles
Yeh but we know Tesla, they’ll update the cars, give you the range of the website and update the software and bang, you have the 82kw range.

See a nice flurry of VINs again which is a good sign for pending orders. Also at this point in time we end up seeing lots of when did you order/what did you order messages and then subsequent frustration on why you haven't been allocated yet especially if a same config has been allocated but ordered after you.

Some things I've certainly thought about on this are (and I'm not saying these are factual):

• Tesla first off don't make to order, they make batches of configurations and then allocate these to matched pending orders.
  • The matching isn't necessarily done in date order as other factors may come into play.
  • These other factors could be distance from Southampton meaning logistics are involved to get them to their collection destination.
  • Number of available cars that can be transported to your area based on pending orders meaning a larger car transporter can be used
  • Collection sites not being available near you due to some reason, think I've seen people with collection frustration as site used in the past have been closed.
  • Finance issues, are maybe lease financing easier to process than someone buying themselves
Sure there are many more reasons as to why someone with a same Config who ordered after you is getting allocated before you, but us Brits like a good structured queueing system, don't we :)

Reactions: Washout
See a nice flurry of VINs again which is a good sign for pending orders. Also at this point in time we end up seeing lots of when did you order/what did you order messages and then subsequent frustration on why you haven't been allocated yet especially if a same config has been allocated but ordered after you.

Some things I've certainly thought about on this are (and I'm not saying these are factual):

• Tesla first off don't make to order, they make batches of configurations and then allocate these to matched pending orders.
  • The matching isn't necessarily done in date order as other factors may come into play.
  • These other factors could be distance from Southampton meaning logistics are involved to get them to their collection destination.
  • Number of available cars that can be transported to your area based on pending orders meaning a larger car transporter can be used
  • Collection sites not being available near you due to some reason, think I've seen people with collection frustration as site used in the past have been closed.
  • Finance issues, are maybe lease financing easier to process than someone buying themselves
Sure there are many more reasons as to why someone with a same Config who ordered after you is getting allocated before you, but us Brits like a good structured queueing system, don't we :)
For me the first 2 points you make, whilst accurate, are the most frustrating, any other manufacturer you would be allocated a build slot, the later you order (generally) the later your build slot, plus you get regular updates on your car. And whilst I agree it doesn’t and won’t always go in date of order, if you were at the front of a queue for something in a shop (as you say, us brits like a queue!) you would be extremely annoyed if they kept calling someone down ahead of you that was 10th in line. It makes no sense to me at all!

I've been assigned a VIN!!! (yesterday with the rest of you, but I'm through a salary sacrifice scheme so no access to the account VIN) Just called up and the guy on the phone was very helpful. Told me that my car had not yet left Shanghai but that I had been assigned a VIN, which he estimated would have a delivery date of Dec 2 - 10

Reactions: OddityError
For me the first 2 points you make, whilst accurate, are the most frustrating, any other manufacturer you would be allocated a build slot, the later you order (generally) the later your build slot, plus you get regular updates on your car. And whilst I agree it doesn’t and won’t always go in date of order, if you were at the front of a queue for something in a shop (as you say, us brits like a queue!) you would be extremely annoyed if they kept calling someone down ahead of you that was 10th in line. It makes no sense to me at all!
Oh definitely I fully agree, the pitfalls of having this beautiful forum i guess or the technology we have available to us just now and knowledge of Mr M where we can even get to the level of tracing our vehicle. Maybe ignorance is bliss as they say as then it would just be Tesla usual response of we will text you updates and thats all we would know :)