Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's all hearsay until Q4 SR+ buyers actually get our cars.

Remember, the new model isn't even called the SR+.

Even if the Q4 SR+ has the larger battery, they could still software lock the range and 0-60. They can always up the voltage through the motor a bit, at the detriment of the range.

Well, I have no clue whats going on... Tesla again have f****** up my calculations and predictions. Only thing I can think of (considering its only a small number of vins so far) is that this is linked to the inventory yesterday and Tesla have allocated some of them.

I certainly dont expect more than a handful of you to get vins today.. If a sh** load more come out of the wood work with vins then I'm truly stumped.
Found my VIN in the source code this morning as well (!) Ordered 09/10 SR+ blue/black 19” wheels. I didn’t take one of the stock cars, and I think this is just another ship being loaded.

Your analysis is definitely useful, but I don’t think the matching of orders to cars is done in batches weeks apart. I strongly believe it’s linked to when ships are loaded, and how big the capacity of those ships are determines how long it takes to load them. Once underway, matching happens and admins will then need to manually sort cars to delivery or collection locations. Once that happens we get a text.

Just a thought!

Reactions: Algy and Oxstock
I have an SR+ on order (delivery date end of this month) and have just spoken with CS to clarify the situation.

My SR+ will have the new battery (305 mi range), however, it will NOT have the advertised 0-60 of 5.8 seconds, but instead have a 0-60 of 5.6 seconds.

Either way I'm not getting the car I ordered, but I think the 0-60 discrepancy is very strange...

• Informative
Reactions: Simonix
With the Y, and many 3s entering the used market, residuals will be affected anyway.

2021 was a huge upgrade from 2019, heat pump, refreshed interior. a 19' with 30k miles will still sell for 37k today... thats about a 3k loss in value... at the end of the day, its a marginal kw/range increase...
Yes, rationally that all makes sense, (I waited until the sound insulation issue was improved), its a little frustrating but all part of buying an EV at the moment; there is no perfect time!

I feel lost now, every day multiple times a day I've been watching Talia make her crossing but now she has left Southampton I've nothing to track until the final delivery day........lost as to what to do with myself now, I've had to resort to speaking to the wife, turns out she has been really busy over the last few weeks and I've not helped out at all...... oh well. The kids have also been asking why do you keep looking at that man (Mr Miserable) 🤣

I have an SR+ on order (delivery date end of this month) and have just spoken with CS to clarify the situation.

My SR+ will have the new battery (305 mi range), however, it will NOT have the advertised 0-60 of 5.8 seconds, but instead have a 0-60 of 5.6 seconds.

Either way I'm not getting the car I ordered, but I think the 0-60 discrepancy is very strange...
I asked also, delivery end of this month, and CS told me my car WILL NOT have the new range, only cars ordered TODAY will have the new range...

Equally, having the new battery and a faster 0-60 than the ones advertised, makes little technical sense... it's unlikely you have the new battery IMO.

I refreshed the page and it said I had a VIN and to do something with the extension. But what do I need to do?
if you click on the Tesla extension it will display your VIN in the little dialog.
Screenshot 2021-11-02 at 10.20.10.png