Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla (Will) just called to confirm my plate, thought there is a caveat in that they're not registered with DVLA until the day they're picked up. He also said that the cars were due to be delivered to the National Space Centre on the 23rd... so only the day before I'm collecting mine.
Hi,
Could you please look up your source code and see if you can find your registration plate number in it?
I wonder if they put the plate number as well as VIN in the source code.
TIA.

Reactions: Electron Mike
Hi SiEV77 and welcome! Your questions are difficult to answer, there are no simple replies (oh, how I wish there was). If you keep following this thread and perhaps read back a few pages (also the 2021 Shipping Movements thread for boat information) you should start to understand how it works (it took me awhile).

In the first instance, you can try telephoning Tesla Customer Support (CS) or the online chat (if you're lucky enough to catch one of the elusive chat icons on the Tesla website - they only appear at certain, mysterious times of the day based on support staff availability) to perhaps get an update on your delivery. Be prepared for vague and conflicting information tho'! Good luck.
Hi, Tried CS , tried my local dealer, and tried my fleet company, nobody appears to know anything. I await the golden nugget of information like so many others.

Reactions: ScoutKaty
Genuinely looking forward to next week when people start receiving the new RWD Model 3. We can finally put the spec change rumours to bed! I'm still seeing comments on different threads where people have had tesla CS claim a different confirmed acceleration time and told they don't have heated seats/wheel.

Reactions: Elmet
Yes sounds like it could be c. 10-15 December for us all going well! 🤞

Ah good man yourself I was just thinking I'll try and trace back the vessels arriving into Zeebrugge c. 25-30 Nov!
So could be either of these arriving on 27-28/11, plus 7-8 days to cross load, plus 2 days on RoRo from ZEE to DUB to arrive on 8/12.... makes logistical sense to me too.... now to find that 2nd RoRo ship from ZEE to DUB! 😂
So it seems then they don't start allocating until ship is nearly in zebrugge. Again putting 2 and 2 together and maybe getting 5. Would it be possible that that is after departing Southampton to zebrugge and we get the left over RHD's might explain the flurry of vins from UK and radio silence for Ireland.

Last edited:
Reactions: John_IE
Looks like the schedule link has been disabled, for me anyway. It was working this morning as I still had the option of selecting 3 days next week. I was only sure I could collect next Wednesday tonight. Now the url link just goes to the My Account page! Bummer.
I can imagine the crisis meeting in Tesla CS Delivery team this morning :) Not surprised they have done this as a customer facing back door to shortcut the process is not a great idea.

So it seems then they don't start allocating until ship is nearly in zebrugge. Again putting 2 and 2 together and maybe getting 5. Would it be possible that that is after departing Southampton to zebrugge and we get the left over RHD's might explain the flurry of vins from UK and radio silence for Ireland.
I wouldn't say so, I've had my car allocated now for 8 days, I'd have it by now if it was in Belgium last week. I've been told mid December... There's no rhyme or reason behind the ways of Tesla 😂

Reactions: ChorleyTesl4
Anyone have any clue how long Tesla takes to acknowledge payment of the balance? Now I've done it, I'm terrified I've done it wrong!
It takes anywhere between a few minutes to a few hours during a normal business day. I had also made some transfers late on a Friday which did not appear until Monday morning. If the account number and sort code is as per Tesla instructions, then there is nothing to worry, but that said I did do a £1 transfer to check before sending larger sums. Note: If you bank supports payer name verification, then this will not work as Citibank doesn't seem to support this.

Reactions: PJRose83
It takes anywhere between a few minutes to a few hours during a normal business day. I had also made some transfers late on a Friday which did not appear until Monday morning. If the account number and sort code is as per Tesla instructions, then there is nothing to worry, but that said I did do a £1 transfer to check before sending larger sums. Note: If you bank supports payer name verification, then this will not work as Citibank doesn't seem to support this.
Thanks. I knew of the issue with Citibank verification not working before I started. I was very careful when transcribing the account details. Just being paranoid!