Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Base Model 3 RWD now showing on UK website with heated rear seats and steering wheel and the mats now as standard. No subwoofer on the sound system though which is fair enough as they’re weren’t installed with them in the first place.
A4346328-6C22-4589-9D5F-32B7669957B0.png

Has anyone ordered a car from Tesla and used ALD for leasing, I ordered a car on 01/10/21 with a due delivery of early November, I have chased the car 3 times but they said to just wait, I have now received a text saying some information is missing, I rang them as i couldn't see anything missing, they said the origional information did not come through and they have now done me another quote that is £70 more a month than I was origionaly quoted and the delivery is now estimated Feb 22

Looks like the schedule link has been disabled, for me anyway. It was working this morning as I still had the option of selecting 3 days next week. I was only sure I could collect next Wednesday tonight. Now the url link just goes to the My Account page! Bummer.
Got my text this morning and have booked delivery for 8th December!!! So, ordered 29th Oct, just 5.5 weeks for the whole process!
Anyone got any idea what ship it will be on?

Reactions: Advocate
The registration number that I got few days back from Tesla CS doesn’t appear to be recognised by the insurance company. Delivery due 30th. Anyone else had this issue?
They don't get put live with DVLA until day or collection/delivery - no issue. Just get a quote against type and model online then speak to them in person and advise them of the registration no. They will be familiar with the Tesla process. Look around for best quotes though - including non-compare sites e.g. Direct Line and Peugeot Insurance

Reactions: Shakb
They don't get put live with DVLA until day or collection/delivery - no issue. Just get a quote against type and model online then speak to them in person and advise them of the registration no. They will be familiar with the Tesla process. Look around for best quotes though - including non-compare sites e.g. Direct Line and Peugeot Insurance
Thank you. That’s put my mind at ease. Got a quote from Peugeot for £413 which I think I’ll go with despite some of the reservations aired 😬

Thank you. That’s put my mind at ease. Got a quote from Peugeot for £413 which I think I’ll go with despite some of the reservations aired 😬
I have gone with Peugeot. the lady I spoke with was absolutely fine, knew all about Tesla's processes and the whole transaction was concluded very professionally and quickly.

I am of the opinion that the chap who started the 'Peugeot debate' could have had a grudge against them and was scaremongering

Reactions: Shakb and khew1988
I have gone with Peugeot. the lady I spoke with was absolutely fine, knew all about Tesla's processes and the whole transaction was concluded very professionally and quickly.
were they able to quote just based on VIN?

Davide from the email support said to expect number plate 'within the end of November' but want to follow the MSE guidance of getting it sorted in the next week...will be faffing with the whatever plate I get then swapping for my personalised one shortly after anyway so will have to talk to whoever insures me.

Held off contacting them so far...but it said to upon payment, so thought I'd slip in an extra question ;)

Got my text this morning and have booked delivery for 8th December!!! So, ordered 29th Oct, just 5.5 weeks for the whole process!
Anyone got any idea what ship it will be on?
Wow, I also ordered 29 Oct...M3 LR MSM BLK interior Aero wheels cash buyer...what spec did you order?... I know sometimes this makes a difference in delivery including where you want it to be delivered... they offered me Tesla Reading which I found a bit strange as no one else has mentioned this as collection center 🤔

were they able to quote just based on VIN?

Davide from the email support said to expect number plate 'within the end of November' but want to follow the MSE guidance of getting it sorted in the next week...will be faffing with the whatever plate I get then swapping for my personalised one shortly after anyway so will have to talk to whoever insures me.

Held off contacting them so far...but it said to upon payment, so thought I'd slip in an extra question ;)
They can quote based off of make and model details with no VIN/Reg specifics - i did it with Peugeot, Direct Line, Compare sites etc - just click "I dont have the registration" and fill in the details.

Getting a quote 21 days (exactly) prior to the policy start date will get you the best price. My other half used to work for LV, and also NFU and this is why renewal quotes are generated 21 days prior to renewal - same rule applies for new policies too.

Reactions: monkeyphil
Wow, I also ordered 29 Oct...M3 LR MSM BLK interior Aero wheels cash buyer...what spec did you order?... I know sometimes this makes a difference in delivery including where you want it to be delivered... they offered me Tesla Reading which I found a bit strange as no one else has mentioned this as collection center 🤔
Ironically I wanted Tesla reading and they offered Southampton 🙄

Does anyone know why Peugeot insurance is SO much cheaper? I used a comparison website (go compare) and direct line and the quotes were in the £750-900 range (depending on excess, terms etc). Peugeot is coming to £400 (with all the bells / whistles). Seems like it's too good to be true!

Ordered 22 Oct, VIN 11 Nov, Delivery ?
M3 LR Red / Black, Sports wheels