Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am probably a bit too early as I have been quoted feb/March For delivery, but I see others who ordered around the time I did have received a golden ticket (text) saying they will receive their vehicles this year.
I keep looking on the source code pages on the off chance, but where do I look? Near t he top? Hidden half way down? I have no idea??
Do a search for LRW 👍🏻

92D5F991-8C14-4B0F-A30D-1587D98DA7DE.png

Collected my M3LR yesterday in southampton.
No obvious issue as of now.
Took little while to calibrate camera to enable autopilot
As soon as I enabled home WiFi, it updated the software and I can see 1 year premium connectivity.
I used Tesla account for Spotify, it worked well. It does give option to use your own account as well, I will try today if that helps to bring my playlist but still use premium connectivity for it.
It came with 150miles charge. I drove around 80 miles and then charged at home.

I charged till 85% and not car show 285 miles. This is low as per my calculation, should I charge 100%? I read it is recommended not to charge 100%.

Here is the pic I took for other Teslas in southampton
Drove today between southampton and Portsmouth on M27. One thing I noticed that Satnav does show variable speed limit of 50 on Motorway. It kept on showing me 70 MPH?? Not sure if I am missing some setup here

Not a big fan of considering respray later rather than PPF first. Had a dealer once (granted it was for a high performance car - like the Tesla 😂) who claimed my car was in an accident as the paint thickness didn’t match when I came to sell. And I kept telling them the last owner told me they had a respray for stone chips 😂 and I thought it was so nice of them to do that before selling it 😂
Agreed, PPF is absolutely my preference, but each time their own. Given the Tesla paint is known to be average, any respray will be noticeable, unless you also do the bonnet and wings to safeguard the colour match 🤷🏼

Thanks a lot very useful. I always have my new cars detailed but have often delayed this till after the car is ‘new’ like your detailer said. I’m just frustrated the weather is so bad as even the 1 hour trip with stone/ salt can mess up the paintwork. I want to PPF the front end too.

I want to keep the car for a longer period of time now so I think I should just take the plunge and get it detailed asap with proper ceramic and PPF front end.

Wish I asked for home delivery now…

I made that mistake with my current car and regretted it, so this time I decided to do it asap this time. Unfortunately it’s 2 weeks after I take delivery, so like you I’m going to be a victim of the weather and a couple of long trips. Luckily it’s mainly motorway driving and not backroads so I’m keeping my fingers crossed damage will be very very low, and with mudflaps installed it will limited chips on each side!

Good luck to us both!

Quick question for the hive mind. Roughly when can I expect a text with my number plate? Looking at previous posts it seems to be anywhere between 7 and 14 days out from delivery. Others have pestered CS for it so it's hard to know if theirs would have been forthcoming without calling them. Curious because I need to arrange both insurance and an update to my parking permit at work.
Mine arrived today for collection 15/12