Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve booked mine in for a ceramic detail and PPF on the entire front end and side skirts/lower panels. I’ve suffered from a lot of stone chips on my current car (Mercedes) and it frustrated me seeing the damage every time I cleaned it. (Note: it was ceramic coated)

Just be mindful that ceramic coating won’t entirely protect the paint, and stone chips and damage will still penetrate the paint, so you’ll need PPF.

I booked mu M3 in at the earliest opportunity (within 2 weeks of collection) as my detailer said that he had to refuse putting PPF on a M3 that was just 2 months old due to the stone chips etc, and the bumper would need repairing/respray beforehand.

Ceramic coating is great, coupled with a machine polish the paint looks fantastic, but it’s not as durable as PPF.

Hope that helps based on my experience.
Thanks a lot very useful. I always have my new cars detailed but have often delayed this till after the car is ‘new’ like your detailer said. I’m just frustrated the weather is so bad as even the 1 hour trip with stone/ salt can mess up the paintwork. I want to PPF the front end too.

I want to keep the car for a longer period of time now so I think I should just take the plunge and get it detailed asap with proper ceramic and PPF front end.

Wish I asked for home delivery now…

Looks very nice. Which SuC did you stop at and I assume it charged ok (some say the first charge is free if the app/car hasn’t been activated)..?

Does the bonnet not have a safety catch to stop it flying up once it’s been opened..? Seems a safety issue if it happened while driving.
There is a secondary safety catch which is retracted automatically when you purposefully open it, if it opened by accident then the catch would hold it so there are no safety issues.

I’m in the south but mine is a little cheaper for both, probably because we are returning customers after many cars and years, so I chose to do it, plus it means that I won’t be hit with a bigger bill if I choose to give it back at the end of the term and not pay for a respray (think it will be a similar cost to the PPF and coating for me).
Not a big fan of considering respray later rather than PPF first. Had a dealer once (granted it was for a high performance car - like the Tesla 😂) who claimed my car was in an accident as the paint thickness didn’t match when I came to sell. And I kept telling them the last owner told me they had a respray for stone chips 😂 and I thought it was so nice of them to do that before selling it 😂

Quick question for the hive mind. Roughly when can I expect a text with my number plate? Looking at previous posts it seems to be anywhere between 7 and 14 days out from delivery. Others have pestered CS for it so it's hard to know if theirs would have been forthcoming without calling them. Curious because I need to arrange both insurance and an update to my parking permit at work.

I’ve booked mine in for a ceramic detail and PPF on the entire front end and side skirts/lower panels. I’ve suffered from a lot of stone chips on my current car (Mercedes) and it frustrated me seeing the damage every time I cleaned it. (Note: it was ceramic coated)

Just be mindful that ceramic coating won’t entirely protect the paint, and stone chips and damage will still penetrate the paint, so you’ll need PPF.

I booked mu M3 in at the earliest opportunity (within 2 weeks of collection) as my detailer said that he had to refuse putting PPF on a M3 that was just 2 months old due to the stone chips etc, and the bumper would need repairing/respray beforehand.

Ceramic coating is great, coupled with a machine polish the paint looks fantastic, but it’s not as durable as PPF.

Hope that helps based on my experience.
Been debating whether to PPF or not. After reading this booked it in next Tuesday straight after collection

Quick question for the hive mind. Roughly when can I expect a text with my number plate? Looking at previous posts it seems to be anywhere between 7 and 14 days out from delivery. Others have pestered CS for it so it's hard to know if theirs would have been forthcoming without calling them. Curious because I need to arrange both insurance and an update to my parking permit at work.
I got mine via SMS about 1 week prior to delivery date... Left me plenty of time to figure out insurance etc. (went with Churchill in the end)

Typically 7 days before, if not earlier. If you contact CS they will normally tell you (or forces them to allocate one) 14 days before. You can always get insurance on the VIN number but you may need to call them to do it this way, then you update them once you have the reg.

Reactions: PJRose83
I’ve also had the same ‘your Tesla is available earlier than expected’ text and managed to move from 9th to 6th Dec from Leicester. Had to completely redo insure though as they wouldn’t let me move the start date!
That is annoying. Strange they couldn't simply bring forward the start date. I imagine these insurance companies must enjoy forcing their customers to go through the whole process again from scratch! Fortunately, I haven't gotten around to arranging insurance as I've been waiting on my number plate.

I pestered CS via live chat a couple of days ago and they wouldn't give me my reg, but I asked again this morning (12 days until collection) and they sent it straight through via text.

I was also expecting it 7-14 days prior to delivery, but I just got a text with my VIN and registration now, and I’m not due for pickup till the 18th of December. So I guess it can vary even more wildly.

I've just received my registration this afternoon and I don't pick up the car for another 13 days.

I'm collecting on the 7/12 and got.mune from CS on 23/11

Was just trying this out and received a text confirming it a few seconds ago !

"Your VIN is LRW3F7FA9MC****** and your Licence Plate is MW71 ***. Please note that we do not complete the registration process with the DVLA until the day of delivery, in the meantime to insure your car please use your VIN . To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP."

Reactions: PJRose83
That is annoying. Strange they couldn't simply bring forward the start date. I imagine these insurance companies must enjoy forcing their customers to go through the whole process again from scratch! Fortunately, I haven't gotten around to arranging insurance as I've been waiting on my number plate.
Indeed, the silly thing is that I could have changed my personal details, drivers insured, home address and car registration but not the start date. They said the reason was to avoid a fraudulent claim if having an accident before start date and then altering after the fact. But somehow the facility to completely change car, address and driver is not an issue!?

I'm collecting on the 7/12 and got.mune from CS on 23/11

Was just trying this out and received a text confirming it a few seconds ago !

"Your VIN is LRW3F7FA9MC****** and your Licence Plate is MW71 ***. Please note that we do not complete the registration process with the DVLA until the day of delivery, in the meantime to insure your car please use your VIN . To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP."
Mine came through at 15:13 too.

I think the PPF decision is partially based on whether a stone chip would really bother you and how many miles you do. My dad’s had a Model 3 since 2019 without any treatment and it still looks fine, but his mileage is fairly low. Touch ups can be done by companies like Chips Away for far less than the cost of PPF.

It’s not worth it for me. If I was on Ferrari money, sure ok, maybe then.
Ceramic is though.

Hi all

Picked up my SR+ last night from the Trafford Centre, Manchester. A few comments here that may help those collecting in near future:

- I turned up 1 hour early and no issues - was looked after and the service was excellent
- The car had 35% charge, though depleted quite quickly presumably due to the cold weather!
- Stopped off at a super charger on the way home and no issues
- Discovered a pair of mud flaps in the boot which was an added bonus, car mats also in place
- No heated steering wheel or rear seats despite performing the software update once home
- Learn from my moment of fear - avoid using the frunk in windy conditions, like those we’re experiencing in Leeds at the moment. The frunk flew up when i opened it and for a moment i thought it was coming through the windscreen! :-O
- Car was generally in great condition. Paint job looks a little amateur-hour, but from what I’ve read that seems to be a common theme

Picture attached anyway. Hope you all enjoy the cars!
Hartshead moor super charger?

Reactions: DanH72
Have a look at the extension for Google Chrome: Tesla VIN finder . It'll notify you if there's a VIN hidden in the source code of the Tesla web page you are looking at.

I am probably a bit too early as I have been quoted feb/March For delivery, but I see others who ordered around the time I did have received a golden ticket (text) saying they will receive their vehicles this year.
I keep looking on the source code pages on the off chance, but where do I look? Near t he top? Hidden half way down? I have no idea??