Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car delivered yesterday , looks good in general , only thing I've noticed is the passenger front door has been adjusted and the gap between the passenger front window and the pillar is bigger than the gap on the drivers window to the pillar . No obvious wind noise though , so hopefully its not going to cause any problems . :rolleyes: Set up my first charge easy enough , my car was on charge for 47 minutes whilst I was in Asda which cost me a grand total of £1.76 ! App was working when I woke up this morning , paired the phone key easy peasy and now ready to go . This car is not just fast it is ridiculous , I have driven nothing like it 🥴 Thanks Elon
Which company did the chargers belong to?
Just curious for the charging cost,

I collected mine M3 RWD from Thorpe Park yesterday 15/12. It has absolutely everything including latest software (not 2021.44.5, its now updated overnight) and all round heated seats, new design tail lamps. No panel gaps, no paints issues etc.. good experience so far. I was also totally happy with my trade-in value which was highest I received. I hope you will also have similar experience

I posed pictures in below post
Thanks! I just collected mine from Thorpe Park as well, and as I suspected, no front USB ports/Wireless Charging functionality. Currently supercharging at the Heathrow Hilton Superchargers.

Reactions: khew1988
Thanks! I just collected mine from Thorpe Park as well, and as I suspected, no front USB ports/Wireless Charging functionality. Currently supercharging at the Heathrow Hilton Superchargers.
Oh no!.. Sorry to hear that and hopefully CS may sort this out soon. This issue could be specific to a particular batch on production line. I think we need a machine learning script to go through all the post and an AI script to post result on the forum . Best wishes on your new car and enjoy envy looks from non-tesla cars ;)

Reactions: IbroSaunks
When do they register the car with the DVLA? Is it the day before? The morning of collection? Or does it only happen when you go to collect?

I'm changing the car on my existing policy. Got a quote for the policy amendment, and they'll happily give me a day's overlap on collection day. But they don't seem to want to set it up without it being registered with the DVLA. Hoping I can avoid having to do it from Bluewater...

When do they register the car with the DVLA? Is it the day before? The morning of collection? Or does it only happen when you go to collect?

I'm changing the car on my existing policy. Got a quote for the policy amendment, and they'll happily give me a day's overlap on collection day. But they don't seem to want to set it up without it being registered with the DVLA. Hoping I can avoid having to do it from Bluewater...
DVLA registration only happens when you "sign" for collection and it takes a day or so to be "visible" on DVLA.
Otherwise they'd be saddled with a pre-registered car if you couldn't collect the car.

DVLA registration only happens when you "sign" for collection and it takes a day or so to be "visible" on DVLA.
Otherwise they'd be saddled with a pre-registered car if you couldn't collect the car.
Ok, so I need to call my insurer again and try and get them to process it without it being visible on the DVLA system? Or worst case, switch insurers 🙁

EDIT: Guess I need to read through the insurance thread...

Last edited:

It's registered the morning of collection according to the Tesla text. Should be able to sort it just by giving them a bell and giving them the car details alongside the spec. Its pretty commonplace for a reg to not be recognised online before collection.

C8D9AD9A-E88A-4BF1-8EC5-8DE367C5AC37.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
But if it takes a day to show up on the DVLA system that doesn't help me. I will read through the insurance thread and ask there. But sounds like it should be possible for them to do it manually before it is visible on the DVLA system. Maybe the person I spoke to at Churchill just didn't know how to do that.

But if it takes a day to show up on the DVLA system that doesn't help me. I will read through the insurance thread and ask there. But sounds like it should be possible for them to do it manually before it is visible on the DVLA system. Maybe the person I spoke to at Churchill just didn't know how to do that.
They will be able to override it on their end, I've been in this predicament before and if the car doesn't return from the system then they can manually populate the make, model, trim etc. - its the route my insurer ended up taking and it was all fine.

Not sure what that person at Churchill is talking about as most cars are registered on the day of collection and can be insured before that. Its not a unique practise to Tesla - I had a VW Polo many moons ago and they registered just in time for collection (a Friday or Saturday I think), but i was able to insure it on the Monday before collection so that it was all in place ready to drive it home.

They will be able to override it on their end, I've been in this predicament before and if the car doesn't return from the system then they can manually populate the make, model, trim etc. - its the route my insurer ended up taking and it was all fine.
Thanks, will try calling again (probably not till the day before, in case Tesla switch reg or date on me). I see on the insurance thread quite a few people using Churchill so I'm sure they can do it. I guess the person I spoke to just wasn't familiar with the procedure for doing it manually.

Picked up the car today. Really seamless process including trading in my previous car. Thanks to Bandito I knew I was in the right place by the sparse interior

Arrived slightly behind - worried because the service crew were buffing out the front end. In the end it was just them drying out the water from a wash and there were no body issues, internals all look perfect..

Trade in essentially was just a mileage check and hand over the required items.
Could take as long as I wanted to check everything.
Unfortunately USB missing - 4/5 weeks wait for that but no big deal.

Car is fantastic - very well built really didn't notice any issues. Checked everything using the big list and took my time. 85% charged at pickup as well too which is handy.

No doubt ill be seeing some of you around a supercharger shortly - anyone with a 212 plate ill be asking their username!

Picked up the car today. Really seamless process including trading in my previous car. Thanks to Bandito I knew I was in the right place by the sparse interior

Arrived slightly behind - worried because the service crew were buffing out the front end. In the end it was just them drying out the water from a wash and there were no body issues, internals all look perfect..

Car is fantastic - very well built really didn't notice any issues. Checked everything using the big list and took my time. 85% charged at pickup as well too which is handy.

No doubt ill be seeing some of you around a supercharger shortly - anyone with a 212 plate ill be asking their username!

Congrats One Armed Bandit(o)! 🥳

USB stick or USB ports missing? 🤔

Reactions: Onearmedbandit
Oh no!.. Sorry to hear that and hopefully CS may sort this out soon. This issue could be specific to a particular batch on production line. I think we need a machine learning script to go through all the post and an AI script to post result on the forum . Best wishes on your new car and enjoy envy looks from non-tesla cars ;)
Its not a particular batch - they all came off the line without them, Tesla had the parts to fit them by the time they arrived in the UK and are fitting them where they have the time before delivery however when the choice is between delivery without them being fit or not delivering they are delivering. Thus they sent the message out to everyone saying you may not have them because _they don't_ know at that point if your vehicle will have had them fitted by the time its delivered/collected

Thanks, will try calling again (probably not till the day before, in case Tesla switch reg or date on me). I see on the insurance thread quite a few people using Churchill so I'm sure they can do it. I guess the person I spoke to just wasn't familiar with the procedure for doing it manually.
It may jut be that they were a newbie and their mentor wasn't available to double, it happens from time to time. I am sure they will sort it for you :)

Congratulations @Onearmedbandit, glad you are happy with the car. They are no where near as bad as people have made them out to be - a lot of the uncertainty on quality has stemmed from the old Fremont models, the quality from Shanghai seems a lot higher.

Only fault i found on mine was a scrape to the steering wheel plastic (booked in for replacement, but have to wait to Feb for the part to be delivered) and a small scuff to rear bumper which will buff out.

Reactions: OddityError