Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update after over 100 replies, thanks!

Sorted by order date... still seeing some weird things with allocation for exact same specs+delivery location...
View attachment 809866

View attachment 809867

Link is still there : Tesla EDD
less than 20% people have received VIN allocation. even if a pessimistic numbrr of about 400 vehicles are landing to the uk (10% of total vehicles on the carrier) , a very small percentage of people on this forum have got Vin allotted. seems a large number of buyers have either not joined this forum OR we get to hear more VIN allocation in the coming week. 😀

Last edited:
then what happens to the cars normally delivered to other countries in July? someone has to take the backlog, there is a lack of production. Ideally they may try and spread that around a bit - so maybe we’ll get 1-2 more boats in July, July countries get a few less boats, same for August etc etc. Otherwise the covid closure basically screws mostly UK/
Wishful thinking and what backlog? They haven’t a boat load of European spec RHD vehicles just sitting around. From an order point of view, they are always more than a quarter’s worth of advanced orders anyway.

If Tesla wants to ‘catch up’ on orders they will just make more for their domestic orders where they can deliver quickly. China is far more important to Tesla than the UK.
I didn’t mean backlog of cars. Backlog of orders as they haven’t slowed and production has had to. They will clearly be in a worse position to what they usually are.

I am also not suggesting that Tesla prioritise Europe but given the talk of increased production I am meaning more cars for every market they serve. And will that mean changing their standard supply chain timings? Not a popular theory clearly but maybe a possibility. The business I work for has completely changed how we get goods from the Far East to react to volatility in supply so who knows what others may or may not do.

Totally happy to be proved wrong but just putting my thoughts out there.

Reactions: Nd4me and Toblerone
Yesterday the delivery schedules went out to everyone getting a car this quarter (in the UK).
We know nothing for certain.
None of us have a crystal ball.
We are at best guessing what has occurred regarding changing EDDs, Ships and VIN allocation and on what might happen in the future at a time when a manufacturing facility is operating in a manner which is far from 'normal'.

Let's just see what happens.

Reactions: WelshDriver
I don't know - I'm still hoping the current allocation was from THEBEN or GS (I know betting against Mr M may be wrong!) - as it doesn't feel like we've had a full 4,000 cars allocated this qtr. That way a small allocation from GS now, and a larger allocation (due this week or next) from RCC EUROPE would align with the "July" dates many of us are seeing.

Just a theory .. if anything a hope to keep my motivated its not going to be another 3 months before we see something else!

I don't know - I'm still hoping the current allocation was from THEBEN or GS (I know betting against Mr M may be wrong!) - as it doesn't feel like we've had a full 4,000 cars allocated this qtr. That way a small allocation from GS now, and a larger allocation (due this week or next) from RCC EUROPE would align with the "July" dates many of us are seeing.

Just a theory .. if anything a hope to keep my motivated its not going to be another 3 months before we see something else!
Plain “month only” dates seem to be a fabrication designed to just not show a blank space.

My Dad’s M3 RWD, ordered 2-Feb, still reads “May”. Which inbound ship will that vehicle be on, do you think? :rolleyes:

it's clearly stated that order date isn't the only factor that determines delivery date, the 2 MY above are different specs
Problem is this quarter - there are cars with exactly the same spec and same collection location allocated completely out of date order (some ordered 6 weeks after have still been allocated) - leaving only the finance/payment method I guess as the differentiator? Still think this time, orders are being allocated purely to meet certain financial/payment terms/targets for Tesla given how difficult the quarter has been.

For example, it seems a high number of ALD funded vehicles have been 'missed' date wise - I can't imagine the algo has passed these by accidentally?

Reactions: MrMoonUK
We know nothing for certain.
None of us have a crystal ball.
We are at best guessing what has occurred regarding changing EDDs, Ships and VIN allocation and on what might happen in the future at a time when a manufacturing facility is operating in a manner which is far from 'normal'.

Let's just see what happens.
Without using a crystal and with certainty it’s too late now for anymore vehicles to reach the UK in time for the quarter end. With certainty there won’t be anymore VIN allocations for this quarter. What is less certain is if there will be July deliveries, but I would bet August/September is more likely.

Problem is this quarter - there are cars with exactly the same spec and same collection location allocated completely out of date order (some ordered 6 weeks after have still been allocated) - leaving only the finance/payment method I guess as the differentiator? Still think this time, orders are being allocated purely to meet certain financial/payment terms/targets for Tesla given how difficult the quarter has been.

For example, it seems a high number of ALD funded vehicles have been 'missed' date wise - I can't imagine the algo has passed these by accidentally?
Correlation is not the same as causation.

• Disagree
Reactions: WhiteHartMart
Hi all

Question please. Have my M3P on order and am waiting for an EDD in August.

Trading in my current car and waiting for value from Tesla prior to delivery date to decide if I’ll accept it or not.

My question is, if I accept the offer and simply bring my trade in to the collection point on delivery day, what is the protocol? Does someone from Tesla Inspect it? In the UK is it someone from British car auctions that inspects my trade in to establish its as described? I assume that’s who the trade ins are sold through here in England?

From what I’ve heard, Tesla aren’t too interested in the condition of the trade ins vs other traders/options.

Anyone with Uk ideally, experience on the trade in process and inspection if any would be great!

Thanks in advance. My collection point will be Southampton UK if anyones collected and traded in from there.
Why not sell your car privately? Tesla trade in prices are woeful if it’s not a Tesla. I’ve sold my non Tesla car and got 5k more than Tesla offered on trade in. Second hand car prices are high at the moment. Just dont want you to lose out.