Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As it looks like Tesla aren't going to be enabling the matrix headlights anytime soon i would at least like an update to sort the dipped beam pattern.
I drop the height of the lights down a few clicks but the right side is then too low and the near side is still blinding people. The pattern needs to be flatter without such a large step up on the left.
Also never going to happen, sorry.

I find I’m getting countless numbers of Lane departure avoidance features unavailable alerts, and also my auto full beam is much less sensitive to the point where i’ve had to disengage autopilot to turn them off.
Yes, although Autopilot continues to work without any dramas (now on 44.1 & including 250 miles on Thursday) I'm continually getting the same warning on screen. I'm also seeing a lot of 'cameras blocked or blinded' messages - a regular seasonal Tesla feature.

I get the notifications but the car still changes lane! It’s just the “Lane departure avoidance features unavailable” alerts that keep popping up.

Agreed phantom braking is slightly reduced but I’ve only done 1 motorway drive. Got another in a few hours.

Reactions: goRt
Drove a fair distance on the motorway, yesterday. AP/EAP in free moving traffic was not too bad, though I did need to hover over the accelerator when overtaking any vehicles that were anywhere near the line lest the car pooped a brick thinking they were veering into our lane. However, in slow moving traffic AP was utterly useless. When our lane moved and we were passing stopped or slow moving vehicles (at between 10-20mph) the car was constantly hitting the brakes in fear of vehicles in other lanes. Those vehicles weren’t doing anything untowards, or even particularly close to the lines, but AP was so unbelievably skittish passing other traffic that it was practically unusable and I had to keep my foot on the accelerator the whole time.

I can concur with the previous comment, when moving at speed the slow downs when passing in the fast lane are dramatically reduced (1 in 250 miles of driving), but when going slow it would constantly highlight cars in the slower lane and stop for them, even if they weren't moving. This was after about an hour in traffic on the M25, and probably occurred 5 or 6 times.

On another note Auto-wipers seem to have regressed. Lots of salt spray on the motorways this morning after the cold snap, and for some reason most of the spray ended top in the middle of the screen and the edges were relatively clear, so think the camera still had a good view.

Also had a full Autopilot system error which I think was due to the salt building up on the windscreen over the camera. Would be good if it noticed reduced visibility to at least try using the washers.

I find I’m getting countless numbers of Lane departure avoidance features unavailable alerts, and also my auto full beam is much less sensitive to the point where i’ve had to disengage autopilot to turn them off.
So on the return 2 hour motorway journey in filthy weather conditions autopilot performed the best is has done in 8 months with the following exceptions:

Lane departure unavailable warnings solidly on for 99% of the journey.

Automatic lane change to the left failed to work at all.

1 hard braking incident in the slow lane as I was passing a motorway junction with no vehicles anywhere near my vicinity.

1 hesitation brake while 100m behind a truck I was going to overtake.

Cameras were cleaned prior to departure.

I’m seeing the lane departure warnings unavailable warnings pretty frequently since the update I’m surprised that at the same time AP is available. If the car can’t detect that I’m departing a lane how can it steer the car itself? To be honest I haven’t risked engaging AP whilst seeing the warning I figure the car might depart the lane suddenly and unpredictably.

The other bug I’ve seen pretty often recently is a black screen when engaging reverse. I’d seen this on rare on rare occasions previously but it’s now much more frequent.

So will 2023.44.25 be a bumper holiday update this year ?

What are anyone's predictions. I'll go with

1. Auto Fog lights, that never work, or work all the time and you can't turn them off
2. Light show extended to the RGB strip only on highland Model 3s
3. Dynamic SuperCharger availability prediction for the UK, that everyone will be irritated by and ignore
4. Ability to customise your indicator flash pattern
5. Media app to play curated adverts from X, beaming antisemitic and antivax conspiracy nonsense but only while you are parked
6. A new game, that's still somehow worse than all of the old Apogee shareware from the early '90s
I wonder if we will get a UI refresh in line with what we are seeing on the cybertruck ? When you park you move to a Fullscreen view of the car and have to slide on the maps if you want them. It would be kinda cool to have a more skeuomorphic UI to get to vehicle controls, the pages of options are not instantly obvious so much that they added search.

Yes, although Autopilot continues to work without any dramas (now on 44.1 & including 250 miles on Thursday) I'm continually getting the same warning on screen. I'm also seeing a lot of 'cameras blocked or blinded' messages - a regular seasonal Tesla feature.

It's not surprising with the low sun at this time of year. Every time I've had that warning its been when the sun has been shining directly into the camera affected.

First short (15 miles round trip) on it just now.

I noticed two things

Energy App seems to have a new 'Trip' mode. Haven't had time to work out how that's different from 'Current Drive'.

Favourite Radio Stations now appear as large icons on top of the full list

I've noticed this with the Favourite radio stations, it's annoying as now it always has the full list of radio stations underneath and you now have to swipe to get to something that might be at the end.

Much preferred seeing them all on screen. Is there no ability to sort the favourites either?

I've noticed this with the Favourite radio stations, it's annoying as now it always has the full list of radio stations underneath and you now have to swipe to get to something that might be at the end.

Much preferred seeing them all on screen. Is there no ability to sort the favourites either?
Yeah. Here‘s a big list of the stations you have chosen not to put in your favourites, and also here‘s a small selection of your favourites in a random but fixed order you can scroll through. Fail.

Reactions: SalisburySam

The way that your favourites are sorted is in the order that they were added. Backwards I seem to recall. It’s quite silly really.

Reactions: SalisburySam