Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like your AP computer crashed and failed to successfully reboot. Once that happens you won't get it back until the car sleeps, thus powering down the AP computer.

Could well be an issue in this software release - but keep an eye on it as it could be a faulty autopilot computer.
Sounds like this could be the culprit. I also had a look at that thread linked by Burley. It certainly fits, as the following day things were back to normal. But the day after that things went haywire again. And now things are back to normal. I have a SR open, which has been passed onto the service centre, however I haven’t heard anything further. So I guess it could be a firmware glitch causing the AP computer to crash, or my AP computer may be on its way out. Fortunately, I still have over a year left on the warranty, so I’ve got time to see how this plays out.

Reactions: Burley
So Tesla are here at the moment. As usual the technician is brilliant.

He’s heard my explanation of the lane departure warning issue and it’s associated problems and I’ve also told him about the many other similar comments on this forum.

He’s just in the process of changing my repeater cameras for the latest V4.

They think it’s possible that pre-2021 cars with the same camera versions as mine (2019 3P) could have a problem with the latest software.

When the cameras have been replaced, they will need to be recalibrated which takes approximately 50 miles of driving before I am able to use autopilot.

I’ll post further to confirm if the issue is fixed and also the horrendous speed hesitations while passing other vehicles on the motorway.

View attachment 1011440
I’ve now put in a service request for mine. I haven’t driven much this year having had Covid for 2 weeks. Today I did a 10 mile round trip on B roads and had the lane departure avoidance message for much of it. Not even on AP!

This greets me at the start of every journey & variously throughout the remainder.
Washed car, clean cameras & software 44.30.9

IMG_9089.jpg
IMG_9090.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9090.jpg
    IMG_9090.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 6
Having shown the warnings I am bombarded with, nevertheless the car is behaving well.

I did a regular 250 mile journey yesterday, mostly Autopilot on motorway/dual carriageway without a single nag for either wheel or cabin camera detection. Looking down at the screen to change music for a couple of seconds each time had no adverse affect & if needing longer it was easier to slide the little camera cover shut, make a selection & then open it again.

No issues either when passing exits (unlike when briefly on 44.30.8)

After having my 2 repeater cameras replaced last week on my first drive at night in clear weather the lane departure warning are back.
Didn’t think it would change anything to be honest.

Tesla Bristol have knocked back my service request for the same problem, basically saying “cameras can become blocked or blinded temporarily which can affect autonomous features”. This is pretty much par for the course, I seem to have to drag them kicking and screaming to try anything to fix problems that involves replacing parts.

The ability to turn off auto-wipe on autopilot is a game changer for my commute home, since the overhead lights on the M5 would always cause dry-wiping. Of course I would always forget and turn on AP, get a dry wipe, curse, turn off AP, then have to go and turn off auto wipers because the car wouldn't remember the previous setting.

Reactions: AnthonyLR
Having shown the warnings I am bombarded with, nevertheless the car is behaving well.
...well it was until earlier today.

M6 Birmingham in heavy traffic using Autopilot, 60 on the overhead gantries. My car in the middle lane was about to pass a slower vehicle in the outside lane but as the Tesla drew level with the rear bumper it decided to brake extremely heavily & drop back. The following driver nearly hit another car on the inside lane as he swerved to avoid mine.

Undertaking can result in a booking but this could have resulted in someone else booking an undertaker 😲