Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree... The physical reliability of USS trumps the glitchy flickering vision based one anyday for me. A hybrid would be ideal, I wanna see parking lines because I hate parking this car.
Vision vs USS test

Doesn’t seem that bad on Vision to be honest. Some cases USS is better, others Vision is better but don’t think it’s worth worrying about anymore.

Unless of course you are Zilla “You’ll have to take my USS sensors from my cold dead hands” 91

Of course if you have EAP then Vision ain’t good as they still ain’t shipped most of the features.

Trust me, it’s absolute utter tripe in comparison. Garbage.

have USS and have driven the highland with “hi fidelity parking” 🤣
It is not, just like anything you just get used to how it works. I had USS in my previous car and high fidelity in my current. It is not bad as it is made out to be. Reverse parking is more or less perfect as you could see the full parking space and it is mostly accurate. The front end needs some guessing because of how the cameras are positioned. If you park regularly in the same place you get the hang of it. In new places you just have to be bit cautious when you do front parking.

Vision vs USS test

Doesn’t seem that bad on Vision to be honest. Some cases USS is better, others Vision is better but don’t think it’s worth worrying about anymore.

Unless of course you are Zilla “You’ll have to take my USS sensors from my cold dead hands” 91

Of course if you have EAP then Vision ain’t good as they still ain’t shipped most of the features.
I think you’re due a visit to specsavers if you’ve watched that video and come to the conclusion that it doesn’t seem that bad.

I’m a big fan of the phantom bin and the hose pipe reel that melted away as he got closer to it 😂

Anyone else got a weird odometer display update glitch with this branch? Updated to 44.30.14 last night. Today's drive it stuck on 80994 for an age then hopped over 81,000 and it's not counting up one mile at a time. It waits then does a jump. It's really strange. It was doing every other mile at best but it was doing up to 7 miles at a go at one point.

I'm sure someone else posted a photo of their odo with my same first stuck mileage and I didn't know what they meant and now I think I do.... Mine's a 2014 Model S with MCU2.

Vision vs USS test

I have to say that I now actually find vision more useful compared to what I had on my USS Model 3 (& this is with my normally cynical viewpoint about anything Tesla)
  • It's extremely good for aligning straight against any edge, especially in a parking bay or beside any other vehicles, walls, buildings etc.
  • Using the screen for straightness combined with the side/rear views and my default dipped reversing mirrors I can park extremely close to kerbs without touching (In the example below the alloys are less than 1CM from the kerb and it's repeatable on any reverse parking).
  • For anyone who has owned a Tesla for any length of time, gauging the front peripherals is pretty easy as the nose is only just beyond the widescreen view and the on-screen visualisation seems to consistently over estimate the distance anyway.
I'm happy to swap occasionally damaged alloys and sometimes wonky parking angles for this.

IMG_9200.jpg
IMG_9197.jpg
IMG_9198.jpg
IMG_9196.jpg
IMG_9195.jpg

Apols - slow on uptake - I just had this update this morning...what does it mean to the layperson?
If it is actually one click down on r.h. stalk for autopilot, what is the point....FSD is not allowed in the UK anyway?
Thanks in advance

Just fit a f**king rain sensor.

At this point it's purely hubris stopping them doing so. I don't care about the fanboys who say that rain sensors aren't perfect, and that even cars that have them sometimes have sensitivity settings for them, at least it actually works and is reliabe.

They've had a good go at it, and failed to deliver. There's no shame in admitting that a path chosen turned out to be wrong, unless you just blindly refuse to acknowledge this mistake.

It's ridiculous that Tesla's older cars (legacy S/X) have functional auto wipers and we don't.