Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve not tried it but though it swaps it around and it’s double pull then for just TACC? Guessing though as you’ve probably tried it that it’s not.
The release notes are your friend…

1707770824618.jpeg

Reactions: FastLaneJB
on 2024.2.3 last night and bearing in mind I don’t have much bother with my wipers as a rule:

I did a 14 mile round trip on rural B roads. It had been raining quite hard and there were puddles everywhere. The rain was either normal or mizzling along the way and it was pitch dark. Both ways, auto wipers were dreadful. At times I could barely see needing manual intervention.
Multiple cameras blocked or blinded and Lane departure warnings unavailable for most of both journeys.

And this car is going to drive itself….

on 2024.2.3 last night and bearing in mind I don’t have much bother with my wipers as a rule:

I did a 14 mile round trip on rural B roads. It had been raining quite hard and there were puddles everywhere. The rain was either normal or mizzling along the way and it was pitch dark. Both ways, auto wipers were dreadful. At times I could barely see needing manual intervention.
Multiple cameras blocked or blinded and Lane departure warnings unavailable for most of both journeys.

The "cameras blinded or blocked" is simply because there are not enough photons when it's dark

Agree with this, the wipers have never been great but this last update has made them worse, something I thought impossible. Yeah, you can manually override by pressing the button stalk but it's far from ideal. Borderline dangerous IMO, can see this being the case of the odd accident, hopefully non too serious.

Reactions: MB11
Can confirm the horrible wiper performance. Light drizzle most of the day yesterday, auto wipers would not turn on, had to press on the stalk myself every couple seconds before eventually selecting manually a speed of I.

But also, interesting bug on 2024.2.3
When selecting a destination from your calendar, instead of switching to navigation, the FSD visualisation on the side turn on to full screen for a couple seconds!
I'll try to take a video later.
Anyone can confirm they can reproduce this behaviour?

Reactions: MB11
Agree with this, the wipers have never been great but this last update has made them worse, something I thought impossible. Yeah, you can manually override by pressing the button stalk but it's far from ideal. Borderline dangerous IMO, can see this being the case of the odd accident, hopefully non too serious.
Why not just use the 4 speed options ( intermittent, slow , fast etc) for the wipers according to the conditions as one always used to if not happy with auto wipers? I have rarely driven a car in which auto wipers suit my requirements for varying conditions at all times

Reactions: KennethS

Strangely I find when I cannot see anything out of a rain covered windscreen and am fumbling to try to turn on manual wipers, autopilot has no issues at all and is still tracking the lane perfectly. Not sure how it is vision based when I’m vision based and cannot see anything clearly at all.

I’m not sure if it’s a case that they cannot solve this or just they have been ignoring it because they are focused on other development. It’s not really changing or improving and believe it hasn’t for a long time.

I’m still on 23 software with the misses car, seems like some of you are a few revisions of 24 already.

Not sure it adds anything of interest though of course. Well not unless you have a highland where I’d then want it for the Matrix Headlights.
Latest update gives ultra wide band unlock from iPhone rather than Bluetooth. But that’s not on old models. Not much use to me

Reactions: AnthonyLR