Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just finished applying my EV Wraps console wrap. Took a while but so worth it!
IMG_20190906_191338.jpg

My centre console wrap arrived today from TapTes. It took eight days from China, which is a record for me.

To be honest I was dreading it arriving after reading the (one) awful review of it on their website, which was posted after I ordered!

However, I needn’t have worried. I fitted it in about 30 minutes, using the wet method that they suggested. It’s not such a good fit as some of the others, as all the parts are cut to fit exactly, so no excess to fold over or tuck in. This means that if you look closely you can see the odd millimetre of gloss around the outside edge of the wrap. Also my fitting isn’t exactly professional!

For $20 delivered, so £17.21, I’m quite pleased with the result. Some photos:

DCCB1C57-16EB-4552-B000-2370ADC5F565.jpeg

BA275ECC-F8DE-4193-B35E-45E64EE8BAA5.jpeg

065358CB-A12E-4C42-8A6A-52480E2721FE.jpeg

46E4F498-0AEE-4826-ADC4-F6829AC3E7DC.jpeg

My centre console wrap arrived today from TapTes. It took eight days from China, which is a record for me.

To be honest I was dreading it arriving after reading the (one) awful review of it on their website, which was posted after I ordered!

However, I needn’t have worried. I fitted it in about 30 minutes, using the wet method that they suggested. It’s not such a good fit as some of the others, as all the parts are cut to fit exactly, so no excess to fold over or tuck in. This means that if you look closely you can see the odd millimetre of gloss around the outside edge of the wrap. Also my fitting isn’t exactly professional!

View attachment 451406
View attachment 451405
View attachment 451407
View attachment 451408
Looks great, and well fitted!

Reactions: Roy W.

View attachment 451406
View attachment 451405
View attachment 451407
View attachment 451408

I had mine arrive from Taptes earlier this week but no car to fit it on. Looking at your pics I shouldn't have any concerns about quality, it'll just be me if anything that'll mess it up!

Reactions: Roy W.
Is there such a thing as a cable extention? I need to back my car into my parking space to get out easy in the morning being right in the corner with a lamp psot in the way. Now with that I am just past 5 meters where my chargers just been installed. If I drive forward.... Perfectly doable just. A faff I have about 3.5 meters to my charge port. I don't want to have to buy a 10m cable if I don't have to..

Is there such a thing as a cable extention? I need to back my car into my parking space to get out easy in the morning being right in the corner with a lamp psot in the way. Now with that I am just past 5 meters where my chargers just been installed. If I drive forward.... Perfectly doable just. A faff I have about 3.5 meters to my charge port. I don't want to have to buy a 10m cable if I don't have to..
Not sure if this is correct, possibly this?

T2>T2 Cables - 1P

• Informative
Reactions: ScottishRosco
taken a punt on these

Decent first few reviews and for £25 - seem a bargain....Bought the frunk and trunk ones.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07WF74ZDX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Takes around 3-4 weeks from China.

Unreal - these arrived already - 7 days from China.....

Look very very good for the price - need a little heating up with hairdryer to mould back into shape as they are folded for transport but for the price they look excellent.

Just need the car now.............:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: Sixer and Roy W.
I got the TapTes Console wrap in Matte Black. I was really disappointed in the quality, honestly don't think that they would be any better than the cheap £3-£4 versions you can pick up off ebay. As others have said they have tried to cut the sheets exactly to size but in a number of areas they are cut too small or on an angle so show the gloss below. Install is OK but the spray water method is also way more difficult than the dry install from Abstract Ocean etc. I removed them and installed an Abstract Ocean wrap. More than double the price but more than worth it in terms of quality!

Am I repeating myself by ordering both of these. Eg I’ll have centre console rubber liners I don’t need cos of having the storage box ?

Multi-Function Organizer Box for Tesla Model 3 Center Console

and

Center Console & Cup Holder Rubber Liners for Tesla Model 3