Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an Abstract Ocean up-vote: ordered a centre console wrap + screen protector - selected the slowest delivery option - and this week, 12 days later, it turned up with no customs payable. Pete on the other end in Texas seems a top chap, and is a Brit so can relate to postage/customs queries from over here...is working on getting a European fulfilment mechanism sorted - HTHs anybody thinking of an AO order.

Reactions: pete8314
We are Labocosmetica ceramic coated. It doesn't stop it getting dirty but makes it easier to clean.

Vanilla - do you/did you apply this yourself or use someone local (I’m in Guildford - your foggy Hog’s Back thread had me guessing which junction you were picturing as it’s my route to work).

All: what are the costs associated with ceramic coating, either home or professionally applied?

My M3 will be on a 2 year lease - but I’d like to keep it nice for the next person in the queue; cleaner for me (it’s white) and am intrigued by the hydrophobic effect wrt windscreen visibility in heavy rain.

Vanilla - do you/did you apply this yourself or use someone local (I’m in Guildford - your foggy Hog’s Back thread had me guessing which junction you were picturing as it’s my route to work).

All: what are the costs associated with ceramic coating, either home or professionally applied?

My M3 will be on a 2 year lease - but I’d like to keep it nice for the next person in the queue; cleaner for me (it’s white) and am intrigued by the hydrophobic effect wrt windscreen visibility in heavy rain.

Ceramic applied by a pro detailer can be anywhere between £500-800 depending on the products used. Mine was £700 as a package which included hydrophobic coating on the glass, which definitely makes a difference in terms of wiper effectiveness in the rain.

Honestly though, I only got this done as I bought the car outright and intend to keep it for 5 years. If I had a 2 year lease, I wouldn’t bother.

I've sent you a PM, but for the benefit of others, use an experienced person from the established manufacturers recommended installers list (such as Gtechnik or Xpel [yes I know not ceramic]) - I'm not talking just trained installers, or even approved installers from less established manufacturers as they may only be interested in getting their product out there. Also , many coating manufacturers have a range for pro installers, otherwise some detailers may just end up using DIY products - still not an indicator of quality though, but an early sign. Communication is key. I got bitten having chosen to ignore the warning signs - all too easy to be wowed by a nice shiny car and water droplets - I can achieve that myself thankyou.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tatoo1
I’ve finally managed to get two clear days in the diary to properly clean and detail my Model 3. If you remember I was initially waiting for Tesla to correct some paint defects, now completed.

After weighing up various options like DIY ceramic coating, and watching literally hours of video on YouTube, I eventually decided to go old school. Over the two days I’ve:

Done a very thorough snow foam and two-bucket wash.
Degreased the body using Panel Wipe.
Clay barred the entire body.
Applied two coats of Autoglym Super Resin Polish.
Finally applied a coat of Autoglym Ultra Hi-Definition Polish.

I’m quite pleased with the final result :)

CCD79717-C4C0-4147-8AFA-85AF117E6A36.jpeg

9A5D0107-4E5E-4CC1-A3DC-E7F275944202.jpeg

I’ve finally managed to get two clear days in the diary to properly clean and detail my Model 3. If you remember I was initially waiting for Tesla to correct some paint defects, now completed.

After weighing up various options like DIY ceramic coating, and watching literally hours of video on YouTube, I eventually decided to go old school. Over the two days I’ve:

View attachment 481948
View attachment 481949
Just needs some autoglym hd wax now ;)

Reactions: Roy W.
Anyone else find once u install wireless phone charger and then the 2 x flash usb/microSD into the splitters that the car doesn’t show you the dashcam icon ?

I use the Nomad charger... the splitter is split into 'Power' and 'Data' cables (and apparently labelled,although I couldn't see any). I initially guessed and plugged my SSD (Samsung T5) into what turned out to be the power one - no dashcam icon as you describe. Switched it around so that end was now plugged into the USB port and T5 into the other (i.e 'Data) and all fine.

Hopefully you're just observing something similar!

View attachment 481948
View attachment 481949

That Sir looks amazing !!

Said this before, but the Red looks stunning when clean. I have also installed the new vinyl plates, for the rear I ended up sticking the vinyl on the existing metal plates and those on the car via double sided tape.

I’ve received a few accessories (AO sill plates, BougeRV Frunk struts and AliExpress cup holder inserts) so will post pics when I get them fitted.

Reactions: Roy W. and Chalks99
I’ve finally managed to get two clear days in the diary to properly clean and detail my Model 3.

@Roy W. that looks lovely. Your hard work and patience has paid off.

Although I have MSM (Mrs elecTED is colour queen) the Tesla red looks fab, especially with the white interior.

I don’t really see the need for the ‘Dual Motor’ badge though. I love the fact the Model 3, especially the SR+, just has a subtle Tesla badge at the back and front and that’s it - no other wording, letterings or inscriptions at all.

I can confirm that the TMC supplied with the Model 3 definitely doesn’t mind reversed polarity on the supply. I’ve tested it with both of the adapters I made - correct polarity and L/N reversed - and it works quite happily with both.

So if you’re taking your Model 3 to France don’t bother buying a reverse polarity adapter. A standard adapter cable will be fine. I’d certainly advise against using just a European plug adapter, as it will probably melt due to the sustained 10A current.

• Helpful
Reactions: Banksy888
I was planning on buying a MicroSD card but ended up purchasing a 240GB SSD and 2.5-Inch SATA to USB 3.0 External Hard Drive Enclosure from Amazon for £22:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06ZZFZPPS
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OJ3UJ2S

The SSD is made by TCSUNBOW but is very highly rated on Amazon. Price currently is £23.99 but it often appears as a Lightning Deal for £14.40 every few weeks.

Everything working perfectly so far with no errors but will see how it holds up over the next few months.

Just catching up on this thread - you may want to take care with those SSD's - looks like a lot of fake reviews giving it its star rating:
Fakespot | Tcsunbow 60gb 120gb 240gb 2 5 Inch Ssd With 256m Cache Fake Review and Counterfeit Analysis - 75% of reviews likely to be dodgy I'm afraid.

That price really is too good to be true.