Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding M3SR+ partial premium interior - Expecting to be delivered sometime next week, so as usual few doubts and clarifications. The one which I wanted to clarify is interior mats are they included as part of the car? or do we need to buy separately. I have done the research and have found few of them but don't want to spend unnecessarily and also do not have more space at home to store it if the vehicle already comes with the mats. I did watch few videos but there were some conflicting reports some saying only the premium comes with the mats and others saying all Teslas come with the basic mats. So interested to know from the previous buyers.

It appears that the official model 3 wireless phone charger is EoL it just very out of stock, given it now 404s. Anyone know another source for them or are we just stuck with the generic aftermarket ones now?

Mine was from Taptes ... perfect! Great quality feel too ... unfortunately deliveries from Taptes are variable so you never know when it's going to arrive.

Reactions: Oddbin
Regarding M3SR+ partial premium interior - Expecting to be delivered sometime next week, so as usual few doubts and clarifications. The one which I wanted to clarify is interior mats are they included as part of the car? or do we need to buy separately. I have done the research and have found few of them but don't want to spend unnecessarily and also do not have more space at home to store it if the vehicle already comes with the mats. I did watch few videos but there were some conflicting reports some saying only the premium comes with the mats and others saying all Teslas come with the basic mats. So interested to know from the previous buyers.
SR+ Comes with no mats at all.

I bought all weather and carpeted floor mats for my SR+, along with boot liner, sub boot liner and frunk liner. In my signature there's a list of the items I bought and links to the vendors. Frunk mat won't fit your model but the rest will.

Also, I'd suggest not buying from Taptes due to stupidly long wait times. Their goods are available from other sellers (Check Ali-Express) which arrive quicker and are often cheaper.

SR+ Comes with no mats at all.

I bought all weather and carpeted floor mats for my SR+, along with boot liner, sub boot liner and frunk liner. In my signature there's a list of the items I bought and links to the vendors. Frunk mat won't fit your model but the rest will.

Also, I'd suggest not buying from Taptes due to stupidly long wait times. Their goods are available from other sellers (Check Ali-Express) which arrive quicker and are often cheaper.

Thank you Medved as always

I'm fitting Blackvue front and read dashcams to my M3 in the next few days. The cameras will be connected to a Cellink Neo Battery. I presume I join the red and yellow wires from the dashcam together and connect them to the +ve on the Cellink output; I'm putting the battery in the centre console and connecting via the cigar socket. Any comments please?

I'm fitting Blackvue front and read dashcams to my M3 in the next few days. The cameras will be connected to a Cellink Neo Battery. I presume I join the red and yellow wires from the dashcam together and connect them to the +ve on the Cellink output; I'm putting the battery in the centre console and connecting via the cigar socket. Any comments please?
Forgive my ignorance, but why? Are you not satisfied with the built in dash cam?

I'm not sure that hanging hundreds of pounds worth of kit off windows that says to every thief "come and get me" is a wonderful idea. The Tesla fitted components work well enough and tempt nobody to break in.
Would you leave a phone on your dashboard?
Would you leave a satnav in clear view?
Or do you intend on removing it every time you leave the car ?

Forgive my ignorance, but why? Are you not satisfied with the built in dash cam?

Lots of issues with the Tesla solution - power draw, reliability, sensitivity, non contiguous recording, functionality etc etc Its a nice to have but for those that want a proper dash cam, its not a substitute. I would certainly not tell any insurers that the car is fitted with a dashcam in the hope of getting a discount as in the event of a claim, its going to be a tough conversation when they ask you to send the footage and you tell them that you don't have any.

Lots of issues with the Tesla solution - power draw, reliability, sensitivity, non contiguous recording, functionality etc etc Its a nice to have but for those that want a proper dash cam, its not a substitute. I would certainly not tell any insurers that the car is fitted with a dashcam in the hope of getting a discount as in the event of a claim, its going to be a tough conversation when they ask you to send the footage and you tell them that you don't have any.
Why wouldn’t you have any?

Why wouldn’t you have any?

Because it failed to record the incident. Just one set of examples Dashcam - save recording misses the event? Also note the clarity of the images so identifying vehicles by number plate is a bit hit and miss. Add in unreliability from one software update to another, its not a system that can be relied on especially if the insurance company have given you a discount for having a dashcam.

Last edited:
The built in dashcam does not record a whole journey and those bits it does record are one-minute segments.
I use a NextBase 412GW dashcam which records 3-minute segments of very sharp images that are date stamped with vehicle registration, geographic location and speed with optional sound recording too.
All the information you need if you need to provide evidence.
The NextBase player can replay a journey showing the video plus speed, direction, acceleration and moving track on a map.
Moar data ;)

How much battery of the Tesla does a dash cam use and do the wires get in the way?
Not much power consumed though I'd have to measure it - there's no info on the Nextbase carton or quick info guide.
The Dashcam itself is usually 5v and can be run off a regular low power USB source.
The power lead supplied is usually just a cigar plug 12v to 5v adapter.

NB there is no "ignition 12v" supply so both the cigar socket and USB sockets on the M3 are live (all the time?) which would make the dashcam record as long as its been switched on filling the media with static picture in car parks etc.
Dash-cams usually have a power switch but its too easy to forget to turn on and off.
I have a USB inline power switch for my dashcam being fed from one of the rear USB-C sockets.

Cable routing is definitely a problem - most of it can be hidden behind rubber door seals and roof lining - depends how creative or forceful you are when prising linings/seals to stuff the cable in.

• Love
Reactions: Mm2021
To answer questions, not happy with the Tesla solution and inability to easily access the video. I had a twin BlackVue system in my BMW M3, and it was extremely useful and easy to view the clips on the BlackVue app and all the clips joined together seamlessly.

Anyway, today I fitted the BlackVue cameras. I fitted a Cellink Neo battery in the rear centre console connected to the cigar socket. The front one was easy enough running the cable down the front pillar and under the bottom door trim and then under the front seat. I had to take off the rear passenger vent and drill a small hole in the rear console to feed the cable through.

The rear camera was a bit messy as it is stuck in the middle of the glass screen, so visible on the inside but not the outside; I had to be careful with the side air-bags when routing the cable to the camera.

If anyone is interested, I'll post some photos. I finished as it was getting dark but will test it within a day or so.

One problem I've notices is the front screen wiper doesn't clean the screen in front of the camera, so I'll have to clean that by hand.

I'm not sure that hanging hundreds of pounds worth of kit off windows that says to every thief "come and get me" is a wonderful idea. The Tesla fitted components work well enough and tempt nobody to break in.
Would you leave a phone on your dashboard?
Would you leave a satnav in clear view?
Or do you intend on removing it every time you leave the car ?
I rely on sentry mode when parked. The cameras are barely visible; I will use them primarily for recording while driving as 5 years ago a motorcyclist hit the back of my car; I wish I'd had dash cams to prove not my fault. My insurance company will give a discount for dashcams.