Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To answer questions, not happy with the Tesla solution and inability to easily access the video. I had a twin BlackVue system in my BMW M3, and it was extremely useful and easy to view the clips on the BlackVue app and all the clips joined together seamlessly.

Anyway, today I fitted the BlackVue cameras. I fitted a Cellink Neo battery in the rear centre console connected to the cigar socket. The front one was easy enough running the cable down the front pillar and under the bottom door trim and then under the front seat. I had to take off the rear passenger vent and drill a small hole in the rear console to feed the cable through.

The rear camera was a bit messy as it is stuck in the middle of the glass screen, so visible on the inside but not the outside; I had to be careful with the side air-bags when routing the cable to the camera.

If anyone is interested, I'll post some photos. I finished as it was getting dark but will test it within a day or so.

One problem I've notices is the front screen wiper doesn't clean the screen in front of the camera, so I'll have to clean that by hand.

Would be interested in photos to see where you have put them and how you've managed to route the cables please!

Here is a link to the video that shows how I installed the power to the dashcam and radar/speed camera detector:

https://redoak.co.uk/img/tesla/Tesla3PowerCam.mov

Here is a link to the video for the rear dash camera installation. I'm not so happy with the placement, but it was the best I could do.

https://redoak.co.uk/img/tesla/Tesla3BackCam.MOV

The videos and images were taken ion a dull day, and I may need to adjust the camera settings.

Here is a screenshot from my phone of the front dash cam

Tesla3FrontCam.PNG

Here is a screenshot from my phone of the rear dash cam.
Tesla3rearCam.PNG

Here is an image of the Cellink battery app.
Cellink.PNG

Hope this helps

Moderator comment - post moved from [UK] 2021.4.x

I must say that having a Tesla ring since last September has proved its worth on so many occasions, especially at the moment where the car often refuses to unlock via the door handle after a long overnight sleep. There's no need to carry a key card & using correct knuckle shape it has worked every time including near the cupholders if I don't have a phone with me.

Where did you get the Tesla ring? I'm considering getting one.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have the COLMO ceramic one via Amazon, but as noted there are several options.

Pick a couple you like the look of and then find some reviews, they're all around the same price point once you factor in shipping and currency costs (or at least they were when I was looking).

Mine came with an oddly lengthy set of instructions to pair it with the car, but it paired just like a regular key card when I tried so I ignored them - it's not given me any trouble in the three months I've had it.

Reactions: Killer_Catz
Moderator comment - post moved from [UK] 2021.4.x

Hansshow ring Smart Ring for Tesla Model 3 | Intelligentized Auto Parts | Hansshow, I got it when first launched and paid $80 using an early order discount code. The price is higher now.
It takes a few goes when new to work out the correct knuckle angle & placement on the side pillar but since then it has never let me down & unlocks the car immediately every time. Likewise if needing to drive via the the centre console although this doesn't seem to require such accurate hand placement. The ring takes the place of a Tesla card if needing to pair a new phone etc too.

I've had a quite a few reactions by neighbours and others when they notice me wafting my hand past the door pillar & the mirrors/lights respond accordingly as it locks/unlocks - ring as car key seems quite futuristic but is also extremely convenient as a permanently available option.

Reactions: Killer_Catz
Personally while I wear the ring and use it when my phone is playing up (and usually have the card in my wallet too), in hindsight I'd have paid a tiny bit more for the official key fob - solely for the additional functionality of a button which can open the charge port.

Personally while I wear the ring and use it when my phone is playing up (and usually have the card in my wallet too), in hindsight I'd have paid a tiny bit more for the official key fob - solely for the additional functionality of a button which can open the charge port.
At home (most of my charging) if the car is locked I walk past the drivers door, touch the pillar with the ring, walk to the rear of the car, press the charge port door & then plug-in the charger which is immediately behind (never bother with the phone or opening/shutting a door in this scenario)

If I need to unplug whilst the car is locked I have an NFC tag on the side of the charger which releases the charge plug (& will stop a charge if it happens to be doing so).

A key fob is too bulky for me - in summer I just have the phone in my pocket containing a couple of c cards.

Reactions: exlatccatsa
For anyone looking for an alternative to the official rubber boot mat, I bought this yesterday and it arrived in 1 day and the quality is very good.

For anyone looking for an alternative to the official rubber boot mat, I bought this yesterday and it arrived in 1 day and the quality is very good.

Does the boot liner affect access much to the lower boot area. I remember our previous 2 cars that had full size luggage mats that access to the lower area was compromised if the top area was even partially loaded. The Model 3 lower boot area is a useful little space and it would be a shame to lose easy access to it with a full width cargo mat.

Does the boot liner affect access much to the lower boot area. I remember our previous 2 cars that had full size luggage mats that access to the lower area was compromised if the top area was even partially loaded. The Model 3 lower boot area is a useful little space and it would be a shame to lose easy access to it with a full width cargo mat.
I can lift the mat easily to get to the lower storage area. There is even a cutout so the ribbon you pull on pokes through. I cant say what it will be like with stuff in the boot to try and lift it though. The one downside I found is that going shopping today its hard to slide the shopping bags to the back of the trunk but I guess that applies to all rubber mats. I am guessing its easier if it was just the carpet.

Reactions: MrBadger
Since I lost my aero hubcaps in the autumn I've always planned to replace them.. but now Tesla no longer sell them, and ebay sellers are asking for £70 each!

So my choice is (a) get some of the wheel caps on amazon (all seem to be shipped from china under various brands), but lose the efficiency gain from the aeros, or (b) get some rimetrix from the US.. which look awesome but could get stung by customs..

Since I lost my aero hubcaps in the autumn I've always planned to replace them.. but now Tesla no longer sell them, and ebay sellers are asking for £70 each!

So my choice is (a) get some of the wheel caps on amazon (all seem to be shipped from china under various brands), but lose the efficiency gain from the aeros, or (b) get some rimetrix from the US.. which look awesome but could get stung by customs..

Seem don't pay customs.

Can you not go direct to Tesla? Surely they must be able to provide replacements?

What happened to your ones? Were they stolen?