Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I passed it last week and they still seen to be doing Sales from a portacabin possibly while working on the SC Building, no sign of Superchargers yet I'm afraid.

And there will be plenty of work to be done: I was told when I had my test drive that the fences are going to be moved to allow the superchargers to be available 24/7 on the left most side of the current compound (as you drive in)

I wonder which UK Supercharger will be next to go live? I reckon there are nine in the running (i.e. construction ongoing or virtually complete):

- Aberdeen SC
- Adderstone (between Berwick and Alnwick)
- Banbury (Banbury Cross retail park)
- Braintree (Gridserve site)
- Chelmsford SC
- Crawley SC
- Edinburgh SC
- Nottingham SC
- Rugby (Moto M6 J1)

Although my local, Aberdeen, appears to be finished I think it will need to wait until the Service Centre opens... I believe Gridserve Braintree would have had an opening event already were it not for the English lockdown... Edinburgh and Chelmsford must be in with a shout as they are attached to open service centres... but I'm going to have an imaginary flutter on Banbury.
My money is on Crawley SC. Will pop in tomorrow and see where we are at.

Reactions: cezdoc
Thanks didn’t know that.

My battery was at 25% and it had 20 mins to pre condition the battery before I arrived

The battery pack has to be really really warm to get max charge rate. Especially this time of the year 20 mins pre conditioning/driving will barely take the chill off it :). The charge rate will also slow down as the pack fills up, think of it as a jug but you can’t spill a drop. Plenty of threads on it, worth researching a bit to allay any fears there’s something wrong with your car.

This thread should also be kept clear of non Supercharger site chatter, to which I’ve now contributed ;)

I visited the V3 charger this morning in Leeds, only me and another car charging with 6 stalls free but only managed a max speed of 90kw. Any reason or setting?
I will actually jump in and hope MrM doesnts see. 90kw is still way too low imho, id expect that at 50-60% maybe, especially if the battery was actually pre conditioning. if you've an older Model S/X that has done lots of supercharging then that might be why. In future if other bays are free, id move.
PS, id also argue this is supercharger chatter by reporting a lower charge rate at a supercharger site

Reactions: Acko1985
74D71B15-752E-4267-9E17-9F643AC80828.jpeg
Crawley sc update: possibly by the end of the week. Potentially being held back by Tesla, I am speculating that maybe goes live from the 2nd.

Reactions: cezdoc and goRt
I wonder which UK Supercharger will be next to go live? I reckon there are nine in the running (i.e. construction ongoing or virtually complete):

- Aberdeen SC
- Chelmsford SC
- Crawley SC
- Edinburgh SC
- Nottingham SC
- Rugby (Moto M6 J1)

Although my local, Aberdeen, appears to be finished I think it will need to wait until the Service Centre opens... I believe Gridserve Braintree would have had an opening event already were it not for the English lockdown... Edinburgh and Chelmsford must be in with a shout as they are attached to open service centres... but I'm going to have an imaginary flutter on Banbury.

Chelmsford seems to be next, reports of deliveries being cancelled as they can't do them while the superchargers are being installed.

Reactions: TerryUK
So just an update, had a call from Tesla, not only is my camera not working, Chelmsford are no longer accepting any new cars onsite so the car is being rerouted to Dartford, not a great first impression! All delivery from Chelmsford are being cancelled.

EDIT: They said its something to do with new superchargers going in so they can't get the transporters in.

Reactions: TerryUK
Anyone planning to visit Edinburgh Newbridge soon?

When I was there a week ago the tombstones were in, charging cables installed, cabinets present etc. On the face of it it didn't look like there was any further construction required.

The SuCs are not showing online yet though. I'm only 12 miles away, usually I'd go and take a look however, it's in a different county and non-essential travel between counties is presently illegal.

- Aberdeen SC
- Chelmsford SC
- Crawley SC
- Edinburgh SC
- Nottingham SC
- Rugby (Moto M6 J1)

should have Berwick/Purdy Lodge on this list, I recall it being nearly done. I’m hoping it’s next