Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
omg, SC in Tamworth. :D
still stupid decisions to have them in Derby and Notts Victoria - both inconvenient, middle of town, inside paid shopping centre car parks and not on the services adjacent to M1...

anyway - that desert in North East between Middlesbrough and Boston is horrendous.
Tamworth is in the perfect position for me on my long trips between Newcastle and Cardiff. It can't come soon enough.
And on your not about Derby etc, there needs to be a way to tell the car navigation to ignore certain chargers - there are so many sites now, the nav often tries to navigate me via chargers I wouldn't want to use because of the faff getting to them, or the type of site it is, such as Derby, or the one at Winnersh, or the ones at Service Centres which are generally no good if you want a break and somewhere to walk a dog.

15 on in car nav, with 2 out of service
I think Sidcup (Ruxley Manor) is the first UK V3 Supercharger site which is apparently powering 3 stalls per charger cabinet (5 cabinets powering 15 stalls).
IIRC there are examples on the continent (Norway?) but I don't recall noticing this being done in the UK before.

In other news, a post on the Superchargers app shows fencing has recently been put up at Moto Pease Pottage in the area where planning drawings indicated charging stalls were to be located. However the pictures didn't show any charger equipment - either Tesla or third party - on site.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: CMc1 and JupiterMan
great news on this (hopefully!) - photos look promising location wise.
Unfortunately latest plans show that tesla are no longer going to be at Pease Pottage. Instead all gridserve. No idea why, possibly tesla pulled out because they think they have enough cover at their service centre and at the upcoming Gridserve forecourt at Gatwick? Still disappointing though....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220927_203851.jpg
    Screenshot_20220927_203851.jpg
    352 KB · Views: 104
  • Informative
Reactions: CMc1 and cezdoc
Unfortunately latest plans show that tesla are no longer going to be at Pease Pottage. Instead all gridserve. No idea why, possibly tesla pulled out because they think they have enough cover at their service centre and at the upcoming Gridserve forecourt at Gatwick? Still disappointing though....
thanks for the update. I wonder if Tesla opening up superchargers to other manufacturers has changed the business case for Gridserve on these joint projects?

We can of course still use Gridserve charging when built at Pease Pottage, so positive to have.

Crawley SC is a PITA to get to from the M23 and Gatwick with the airport traffic will be likewise, so still a big gap in convenient Tesla supply down M23 corridor and southern sections of M25... not forgetting nothing (still) in Brighton of course......

Wetherby
Just looked at Zap Map and realised that Wetherby chargers have had a major upgrade - now a big bank of 350KW chargers there. I know these aren't the Tesla ones, but they are almost as good as Tesla chargers and fill what was a glaring gap on the A1.

Wetherby
Just looked at Zap Map and realised that Wetherby chargers have had a major upgrade - now a big bank of 350KW chargers there. I know these aren't the Tesla ones, but they are almost as good as Tesla chargers and fill what was a glaring gap on the A1.
We are all happy to see Wetherby with a host of new chargers (fast ones too)

BUT.!!! If you read the comments you will find exactly what I found, You have to spend 10 minutes finding one that actually works.:(

Come on GRIDSERVE electric highway sort yourselves out, your network has been less than reliable for too long now.🤮

This was me a few weeks ago playing "which charger works"
Wetherby.JPG

Good spot. The planning statement document from June 2022 says "for commercial reasons the scheme has been amended to an installation of 12 new electric charging spaces" (originally 18 were planned, a combination of Tesla and Gridserve). I'll remove the entry from the listing at the start of this thread.

Planning link for posterity: Mid Sussex Council ref DM/20/2150

I wonder if some of the other Moto developments will go the same way...

Last edited:
Park Royal Superchargers

Hi, sorry for the naive question, are the Park Royal Superchargers re-open yet (due to the severe recent accident) as i'm due to collect my new tesla and thats on my route home ? thanks
I was pleasantly surprised to find that the West Drayton chargers are still half price between 2100 and 0900 36p/kWh and 67p for the remaining. Its not too far from Park Royal. Although 1 was taped up u/s on Sunday morning at 0600. But there was no one else there.

Reactions: Sean.
Photos on TOUK show Dorking Supercharger site as under construction with digging begun. I will swing by in the next few days and post some photos.
A photo of progress at Dorking has been shared by TOUK on Twitter. There's also a pic on the Superchargers app. Good progress given that planning was only granted in June.

• Informative
Reactions: CMc1