Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the situation between Lincoln and Middlesbrough is just... horrible. empty. all that east coast.

I mean, there might be some horror event and I will have to travel to skeggy and grimbsby, and if car is tolen there, then thieves cannot drive away too far.. that's a plus I suppose.

Reactions: Neilio
the situation between Lincoln and Middlesbrough is just... horrible. empty. all that east coast.

I mean, there might be some horror event and I will have to travel to skeggy and grimbsby, and if car is tolen there, then thieves cannot drive away too far.. that's a plus I suppose.
I'm not sure that qualifies as "supercharger site news" maybe start a "lack of supercharger site non news" thread

Reactions: nufan
On our trip down to Preston yesterday Edinburgh Newbridge was showing as temporarily closed so we didn’t stop there. We decided to risk Tebay which, after we were committed, also showed on the display as temporarily closed. Luckily that cleared half an hour later and all was fine when we got there.
So has anybody charged at Newbridge recently and was it up and running?

On our trip down to Preston yesterday Edinburgh Newbridge was showing as temporarily closed so we didn’t stop there. We decided to risk Tebay which, after we were committed, also showed on the display as temporarily closed. Luckily that cleared half an hour later and all was fine when we got there.
So has anybody charged at Newbridge recently and was it up and running?
Just to clarify: was it showing as "short/long wait" or actually "closed"? If I remember correctly the symbols are similar - is closure is grey instead of red?
Newbridge was showing all open and 16 available on my Nav screen at the end of last week, and the TOUK tweet quoted above indicated it was fully operational.
It is possible that the Newbridge stalls were temporarily blocked by a delivery of cars, for example, but a closure at Tebay would be unusual. I passed by the latter a couple of times in the last few weeks and while I was charging it was regularly full; cars come and go quickly so no-one was waiting more than, say, 5 minutes to start charging (charging rates can be slow while sharing, though).

Both Tebay and Newbridge were definitely showing as temporary closure. I even clicked on the info pin to confirm that. i kept checking Newbridge while travelling (even after we were long past Edinburgh!) and it showed as temporary closure every time.
I was really surprised to see Tebay closed as we use it very often over the past years and have never had an issue (apart from queuing on high days and holidays). I was going to give the services call to see if they could tell me anything (probably a bit optimistically) but then when I looked at the chargers again it was back to normal. It did show waiting a couple of times after that as we checked en route but there were 4 stalls free when we arrived.
Interestingly I did discover that if you try to navigate to a temporarily closed supercharger you have to confirm that you still wish to proceed!

• Helpful
Reactions: CMc1 and cezdoc

There you go Yeezy, your chance to make a suggestion!

Popped into Edinburgh Newbridge today to top up on the way home from Preston. Only the original 8 chargers are in service with the new ones coned off again. Spoke to one of the guys there and asked if the temporary closed message I got on Monday was correct. Apparently they are having problems with the energy supply. They were closed all day Monday working on a power upgrade but once they put all 16 back on line as soon as there was heavy useage the power went down again. Their temporary (but they don’t know for how long!) solution is to not put the 8 new superchargers in service!

The Thetford (A11 Norfolk) expansion has been built for a couple of months but still hasn’t been switched on yet.

That area is really well served and it’s open to the general public which is odd in itself given it’s the middle of no where.

Spotted the new SuperChargers at Reading SC, odd location right round the other side, seemed to be at least 12 x v3

1662671188104.png

I'm going to Heathrow Renaissance Hotel later, where are the Superchargers located? Hopefully will get a photo to show the current status of the installation :)
The picture attached is a screenshot from the Superchargers app which gets site locations from supercharge.info. It’s not infallible but usually pretty accurate so looks like the working area is on the east side of the hotel (the big double-square building on the left of the picture).

It will be interesting to hear if anything is happening - last I heard it was just delivery of equipment but no groundworks.

Attachments

• 66A9AE92-912B-43A1-976C-47E9C5B58A03.jpeg
    66A9AE92-912B-43A1-976C-47E9C5B58A03.jpeg
    748.7 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: m3gt2
The picture attached is a screenshot from the Superchargers app which gets site locations from supercharge.info. It’s not infallible but usually pretty accurate so looks like the working area is on the east side of the hotel (the big double-square building on the left of the picture).

It will be interesting to hear if anything is happening - last I heard it was just delivery of equipment but no groundworks.
Thank you, I will have a look later and report my findings

Yes, there's every indication that Darts Farm are happy with the superchargers (and the supercharger users are happy with Darts Farm), so I'd be very surprised if they were removed altogether.

However, the 4 extra (V3) stalls that were installed in a rush for last summer's holiday season were the 'mobile supercharger' style installed on pallets, commonly used for temporary installations. They were also installed in a separate location making it awkward to access (as you approach the area, you have to turn left for the original 8 or right for the 4 extras, before you are able to see which are actually vacant). So it's plausible that those 4 extra might be removed after the Moto site is open (and V2 is a good fit for Darts Farm where you've already taken a detour off the motorway to get there and are probably going to spend a while eating/shopping/debouncing kids on the outdoor activities - people wanting a splash-and-dash will go to Moto regardless).

Alternatively, they might re-do the extra stalls more permanently. Or they might just leave it be....
I was at Darts Farm today on my trip from Exeter to London. I missed the cooked food as arrived just after 3pm but had a lovely chicken sandwich and cherry cake. Spent an hour there. Very pleasant. Pretty good shopping for Mrs W too!

Attachments

• CBBD1245-EDBB-4430-AD9C-BCBC8541052F.jpeg
    CBBD1245-EDBB-4430-AD9C-BCBC8541052F.jpeg
    399.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 218D7AD8-08E4-481F-9CAC-EFE969F1A34D.jpeg
    218D7AD8-08E4-481F-9CAC-EFE969F1A34D.jpeg
    341.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 71E63F20-F6E7-4DB9-849F-0D681BAECB55.jpeg
    71E63F20-F6E7-4DB9-849F-0D681BAECB55.jpeg
    332.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 15ACB344-F991-4249-A79D-CE46A0972C55.jpeg
    15ACB344-F991-4249-A79D-CE46A0972C55.jpeg