Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla have recently made a couple of updates to the UK Supercharger list on their website which prompted me to do a quick a review of Supercharger activity to date:

• London - Tower has been closed and deleted from the list - the two charging stalls were removed at some point in October (see, e.g. comments on the Superchargers app).
  • Tesla have added Flimwell to their UK list but Derby is still missing.
I haven't spotted any changes to the target opening dates for their "coming soon" markers so there are still 8 slated for Q4 (several of which are under construction plus a few others not listed - see the wiki post at the start of this thread for details).

Some stats (my tally):

Total new Supercharger sites opened so far in 2021 is 18 (17 net): that's already a calendar year record (beating 17 in 2015 and 2020) with a few more openings expected before the end of December.
Total new bays commissioned so far in 2021: 168 (166 net, accounting for the loss of the Tower Two). This is not far behind the 2020 record of 182 net.
The 182 net added in 2020 accounts for some stalls moved from Aviemore to Inverness and the closure of London Royal Victoria Docks.
Of the 166 new stalls in 2021, 30 are V2 (at 4 new sites) and the remaining 138 are V3 (including 3 site expansions).

In other news bases and charger cabinets sufficient for 8 V3 stalls appeared at Edinburgh Newbridge last week. I'm not sure if Newbridge will be expanded or they are headed elsewhere.
In other news bases and charger cabinets sufficient for 8 V3 stalls appeared at Edinburgh Newbridge last week. - Newbridge gets quite busy but is also constrained for space. More likely destined for Glasgow SC? Service centres seem to get them in groups of 8. Be nice if they were for Stirling but they removed that from the coming soon list a while back.

Reactions: cezdoc
In other news bases and charger cabinets sufficient for 8 V3 stalls appeared at Edinburgh Newbridge last week. - Newbridge gets quite busy but is also constrained for space. More likely destined for Glasgow SC? Service centres seem to get them in groups of 8. Be nice if they were for Stirling but they removed that from the coming soon list a while back.
I spoke to Tesla Glasgow a few weeks ago and they said that Superchargers were due to be installed but they didn't have a date, 8 X V3 would be great for the greater Glasgow Area and anyone passing through it.

Reactions: FEERSUMENDJIN
I visited Gretna and Tebay today, Gretna was full, and a regular turn over. However Stall 1A (I think, nearest the ecotricty chargers) was not in the best of health. Someone had dropped the plug in the mud so I cleaned all that out of the pins and plugged in. I almost always check that the car is charging but this time I just wandered in to grab a coffee. I came back 5/10 mins later to a yellow flashing port and "charge pin not locked". Sigh. I replugged and held the plug "up" in the socket it latched and charged just fine. But the plug was looking very rough. Interestingly an Audi was struggling with ecotricity, because the Ionity was full with a queue! Tebay 50-75% utilised in my short 15 minute visit but nothing to report other than a new coffee cup recycling "thing".

Reactions: browellm
🔥6x V3 Stalls installed and almost complete at Crimple Hall near Harrogate in Yorkshire, HG3 1EW.
looking on course to open before Christmas.
These are North of Leeds so unlikely to be considered as the “East Leeds” project even with Tesla’s unique approach to site naming!
Thomas Shepperd on TOUK was there in person and took pictures of them.

🔥6x V3 Stalls installed and almost complete at Crimple Hall near Harrogate in Yorkshire, HG3 1EW.
looking on course to open before Christmas.
These are North of Leeds so unlikely to be considered as the “East Leeds” project even with Tesla’s unique approach to site naming!
Thomas Shepperd on TOUK was there in person and took pictures of them.
Seems an odd location was hoping nearer A1. Great nonetheless. Look forward to the photos

Last edited:
Seems an odd location was hoping nearer A1. Great nonetheless. Look forward to the photos

I was excited for a second there, until you realise it's over a 30 minute detour to/from the A1 to use it :-(

Reactions: adsheff
Nothing quite as annoying as realising new Supercharger stalls are opening near me, but slightly too near to be useful. I suppose I can see the reason why since there's exactly one fast charger in Harrogate at the council head office, and it's broken a lot of the time. There's a 50kW Podpoint in Knaresborough and that's it for North Yorkshire until you get to Skipton.

Reactions: adsheff
41F4DF22-4AB0-4871-80F4-1A438F99427B.jpeg

Great news if this proves correct.

Looks like it is aimed at people on holidays in Haragate and users of the conference center rather then A1 drivers. (Maybe Tesla has also sold cars to people who live in the many overpriced OAP flats.)

How is Trentham supercharger? Need to travel to Stoke next week and ABRP is saying I can get there without stopping (likely we might for breakfast anyway) and then recommends a stop at trentham on the way back, then skipping to Warwick south - both 10 minute top ups to 50% which seems good. But thats using the M6 toll and bypassing Hilton park. Thinking whether to keep on the regular M6 so Hilton is still an option to me just to keep things flexible?

How is Trentham supercharger? Need to travel to Stoke next week and ABRP is saying I can get there without stopping (likely we might for breakfast anyway) and then recommends a stop at trentham on the way back, then skipping to Warwick south - both 10 minute top ups to 50% which seems good. But thats using the M6 toll and bypassing Hilton park. Thinking whether to keep on the regular M6 so Hilton is still an option to me just to keep things flexible?
Couple of miles off the motorway but it's part of a nice outlet village type place so plenty of amenities.

Reactions: Mrklaw
Very bizarre location indeed. Whose going to use these so far from the A1? Urgently need ones by the A1/A64 junction.
It’s more of a stop and mooch kind of place than a volt and bolt location. You can grab a coffee in various locations onsite and it’s actually a lovely place, especially if you have a dog that needs an (on the lead) stroll. But if you want a familiar services-style location directly off a motorway then Hilton Park or similar might be a better option. it’s not an inconvenient location but it IS a slight detour Compared with other options. A bit like Trumpington, it’s not the usual fare but it may suit if you have requirements other than a jimmy riddle and a Latte refill.

It’s more of a stop and mooch kind of place than a volt and bolt location. You can grab a coffee in various locations onsite and it’s actually a lovely place, especially if you have a dog that needs an (on the lead) stroll. But if you want a familiar services-style location directly off a motorway then Hilton Park or similar might be a better option. it’s not an inconvenient location but it IS a slight detour Compared with other options. A bit like Trumpington, it’s not the usual fare but it may suit if you have requirements other than a jimmy riddle and a Latte refill.

thanks - it’d be right at the start of our trip so probably fine to take a slight detour. Alternative would be charging at hilton/warwick going north otherwise I wouldn’t have enough charge to get back down there. If we need to stop on the way up I’ll do that to give more options, otherwise will try and one-shot it and then do trentham/warwick on the way back.

Reactions: jimbo_hippo
thanks - it’d be right at the start of our trip so probably fine to take a slight detour. Alternative would be charging at hilton/warwick going north otherwise I wouldn’t have enough charge to get back down there. If we need to stop on the way up I’ll do that to give more options, otherwise will try and one-shot it and then do trentham/warwick on the way back.
When I worked in women’s underwear, I used to travel from the NW to Bracknell every week. I have a personal preference for going M6 / M5 / M42 / M40. It’s slightly longer but has fewer “managed” motorways to randomly reduce the speed limit. This route also brings the Superchargers at Hopwood Park into play.

I’m heading down that way next month and will probably stop there on the way home.

Reactions: Mrklaw