Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK FSD Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
because Musk said that FSD is better than human.

once you manage to cope with all those "uhm, ahm, mmm, hmmms" you can hear how he said it is like 1000% or 10000% times safer than human
makes you wonder why they let humans over ride it.

• Funny
Reactions: Lee Davis
makes you wonder why they let humans over ride it.
so, following the recent subject regarding swindown magic ruondabout and the FSD:

1688395528088.png

There are basics that are so wrong here and I see no rush to fix them.
Many of us have had klaxon warnings with a pedestrian happily strolling on the verge on the other side of the road. Today I turned a sharpish A road bend to see a young woman walking right in the middle of my lane no warning at all as I hammered on the brakes! 10 mins later I'm pulling up to s queue at a junction and the klaxons blare to warn me...
It's as frustrating as the headlights dipping when they see chevrons..so poor lighting going into tight corners. On the motorway Friday it ignored overhead speed limits, picked up on the ones at the side and displayed it but still kept the tacc speed display at 70....

Reactions: browellm
looks like a great news... but this picture shows Snow. on road.

we sure it is not a reversed image from NA?
It's not simply a reversed NA image, because you can see the left hand stalk markings clearly and they are those of an indicator and wipers stalk, not a gear stalk. Of course, a copy of Photoshop, a little skill and a malicious intent can perform many wonders. That image hit Twitter some time ago - November last year iirc - and the display colours, though blurred, were those of FSDb at that time. (Since then the path indicator has been widened to cover the whole lane.)

Reactions: JupiterMan
It's not simply a reversed NA image, because you can see the left hand stalk markings clearly and they are those of an indicator and wipers stalk, not a gear stalk. Of course, a copy of Photoshop, a little skill and a malicious intent can perform many wonders. That image hit Twitter some time ago - November last year iirc - and the display colours, though blurred, were those of FSDb at that time. (Since then the path indicator has been widened to cover the whole lane.)
good point!

Hi. Bought a 2020 3 performance last week. Just getting used to it.
I have the FSD feature but notice in the US videos on YouTube, the cars swerve to avoid accidents etc.
Am I right in thinking that the software is different in the UK to the US? Or is it just I haven't selected the correct features?
Example, car on autopilot and roadworks/ debris/ animal on the left. It will just cruise past without moving out.
Thank you in advance.

I'm interested to hear the responses, but does your car change lanes automatically to overtake? If not then I noticed there are additional purchase options for this and other features in the UK. It's possible collision avoidance is bundled with one of these.

Also, disappointed that my Tesla randomly tries to do an emergency stop in the mororway occasionally. It's quite violent and you have to react and jump on the throttle to prevent becoming a potential hazzard to cars behind. I've looked around hard and tried to understand what the car 'sees' that causes this but I can't identify anything obvious. In defense of Tesla I have experienced the same with Volvo, BMW and VW radar cruise control equipped cars.

I was just disappointed that the added functionality of FSD doesn't seem to solve the issue.

Our software isn’t anything like US FSD beta. FSD and EAP have auto lane change. Those cars without ultrasonic sensors don’t have summon or Autopark yet. (A 2020 model has them)

it will move out from cones on dual carriageways and motorways but not animals. For those, it’s more likely to come to a stop.
On other roads, where as yet it’s not supposed to be used, it will not pass parked vehicles nor overtake cyclists.

We are very much the poor relations!

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Thanks people. I thought the USA was ahead in the software. All these cars swerving or increasing speed not to get hit.
On roads where we have the obstruction to change over to the other side of the road, mine just has a spaz attack and tells me off. Yet, the US, the tesla swerves to miss a dog running out out in the road. It will just buzz the tower past parked cars, people and roadworks.
I have FSD including lane change, summon etc. It's a full spec car. Just wish the avoidance option worked like in the US.
Thank you again.