Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Model S/X LHD Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The problems with the S and the X stem from what the two cars used to be and now that they need to be in 2023.

As £127k halo products, they are just not good enough as cars.

They should have scrapped the halo ethos and re-engineered them as bigger siblings to model 3 and y at much more sensible prices.

Scrap the plaid, silly doors, gaming computers and concentrating delivering a good car that will actually sell in decent volumes could have led to a much lower price on both vehicles.

The problems with the S and the X stem from what the two cars used to be and now that they need to be in 2023.

As £127k halo products, they are just not good enough as cars.

They should have scrapped the halo ethos and re-engineered them as bigger siblings to model 3 and y at much more sensible prices.

Scrap the plaid, silly doors, gaming computers and concentrating delivering a good car that will actually sell in decent volumes could have led to a much lower price on both vehicles.
Yep. The massive inventories on LHD and 30% price drops this year are a testament to the fact that they’re really not shifting many. Now they’re offering free supercharging for 3 years if you buy one before 30 June.

So why would they throw good money after bad and make a RHD version.

Attended the seminar. Didn’t learn much but I‘ll test drive the Plaid even though I’m now seriously looking at alternatives.

This may help someone who is considering the LHD.

image001.png

I suspect they will sell a fair few LHD cars in the UK to those who regularly drive to continental Europe for work or to a holiday home. I doubt anyone would buy one as a day to day car in the UK, it would just be a bit silly.

I expect their engineers have more urgent things to do than engineer the X and S to LHD. Elon said they were really just keeping those models going for sentimental reasons. It is a shame though, it would be nice to see them on the roads.

• Funny
Reactions: Zilla91
Imagine you have LHD on order for many k less than current price...

buy new,
load on trailer,
sell in DE.
profit

but in reality, it is stuuuupid.

on the the other hand... 16 service (and mobile ranger) appointments later (or 1 year and 4 month) my model 3, most probably, is without rattles... :D

Me neither but I can imagine the fun of having to reverse around a fast food drive through if on your own so you can pay and grab your food would be fun. Also things like car parks where you need to get a ticket, etc. unlikely can reach all the way over so you’d have to stop and get out. Annoying all the people behind you for being an idiot by buying a LHD model in the UK.

God damn it. Still if they have a chance for a test drive I want to do that and see.
Coming soon, the latest must have accessory from Tesla for UK Model S and X owners.

1683925237241.jpeg