Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[uk specific] Software 2023.32

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There has definitely been a change in AP code in 32.x - I normally avoid using it in stop/start traffic as it doesn't react fast enough to cars braking ahead so needs to brake harder later, and is way too aggressive when setting off from a stop often needing to brake to slow when it approaches the car ahead too fast. I tried it yesterday evening and both seems to have improved with this release.

I also noticed yesterday that on my driveway my wifes car next to me was showing an open door. It wasn't open, mind you but the Tesla thought it was; never seen an open door on a visualisation of a car before.
The vision park assist is also now warning me to STOP when I pull off my driveway at a slightly awkward angle to get past a tree/border - it has never done that before and I've been parking the car in the exact same position for six months.

I normally avoid using it in stop/start traffic as it doesn't react fast enough to cars braking ahead so needs to brake harder later, and is way too aggressive when setting off from a stop often needing to brake to slow when it approaches the car ahead too fast. I tried it yesterday evening and both seems to have improved with this release.
I use it in traffic daily and have done for years, it's the same as it's ever been.

I use it in traffic daily and have done for years, it's the same as it's ever been.
I know most of the time the "changes" reported after a software update are perception between slightly different drives, but I'm quite certain there have been some changes to AP behaviour with this version. My car is now very skittish at passing cars on the motorway. If a car in the lane to the left moves even slightly closer it will lift off and not pass them until I intervene.

It got so irritating this past weekend on the M25, that I had to ride the accelerator when passing most cars to keep it going. Yes, I could have turned AP off, but I prefer to have the autosteer than nothing at all... Before updating to 2023.32.4, if anything I would have said AP was too confident with minimal space when passing cars, but now it's very very different and over-cautious.

I can't speak to stop-start traffic, I haven't had the pleasure of needing to do that since the update. Though I am commuting into London on the A40 tomorrow, so I'll try it out then.

Reactions: eaglesrest
I know most of the time the "changes" reported after a software update are perception between slightly different drives, but I'm quite certain there have been some changes to AP behaviour with this version. My car is now very skittish at passing cars on the motorway. If a car in the lane to the left moves even slightly closer it will lift off and not pass them until I intervene.

It got so irritating this past weekend on the M25, that I had to ride the accelerator when passing most cars to keep it going. Yes, I could have turned AP off, but I prefer to have the autosteer than nothing at all... Before updating to 2023.32.4, if anything I would have said AP was too confident with minimal space when passing cars, but now it's very very different and over-cautious.

I can't speak to stop-start traffic, I haven't had the pleasure of needing to do that since the update. Though I am commuting into London on the A40 tomorrow, so I'll try it out then.
I am in full agreement with you. Previously, I’ve had butt cheek clenching moments when the car has passed uncomfortably close to other cars. Now, if they’re anywhere near the line, the car freaks out like a learner driver.

Not for me using AP nearly the full length on the M4 and back on Sunday. The car drives just like it always has.

What possible reason would they have to update that element of autopilot? I'm sure we can all see that if we look at a longer time period its not changed in any meaningful way. Why would you have a team making changes that achieves nothing for years.

32.6 has changed the Cruise Control setting logic. For the past 5 years i have been able to set current speed (quick press down stalk) AND a %offset to speed limit (press and hold). Now its one or the other.
Under Settings > Autopilot, there has been for a long time a toggle for selecting either Current Speed or Speed Limit.

From my experience, if you choose Speed Limit, it's then Speed Limit + offset when you are enabling TACC while driving under the speed limit, or it will set to your current speed if you enable it while driving above the posted speed limit.

Under Settings > Autopilot, there has been for a long time a toggle for selecting either Current Speed or Speed Limit.

From my experience, if you choose Speed Limit, it's then Speed Limit + offset when you are enabling TACC while driving under the speed limit, or it will set to your current speed if you enable it while driving above the posted speed limit.
Previously, if you set it to “current speed” but having enabled AP then tapped on the speed limit symbol or held down the stalk, it would adjust to the recognised speed limit + any offset. As of .26, you can no longer set an offset if you have it set to start on “current speed.” It’s a frustrating change.

Reactions: PriOkkie
Previously, if you set it to “current speed” but having enabled AP then tapped on the speed limit symbol or held down the stalk, it would adjust to the recognised speed limit + any offset. As of .26, you can no longer set an offset if you have it set to start on “current speed.” It’s a frustrating change.
Strangely one of my profiles behaves like this, however the other adds the offset. Both are set to "current speed", the only difference between the 2 profiles is seat position.

My car is now very skittish at passing cars on the motorway. If a car in the lane to the left moves even slightly closer it will lift off and not pass them until I intervene.
I thought you were exaggerating but just driven 200 miles down the M1 and can confidently agree with you that this new behaviour is awful.

I rarely experience phantom braking but multiple times in one journey after this update.

It’s awful. If you use Autopilot, don’t update.

Reactions: Danno_