Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[uk specific] Software 2023.32

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You want to try VW! Tesla are a paradigm of virtue compared to them. They introduced scheduled charging in rel 2.1 in Dec 2020 and it didn’t work. It got fixed in 3.0 in Q4 2022. Almost two years to fix something basic and important.
Tesla scheduled charging is hardly a role model for how it should be done, and its been like it since 2015 when I got my first Tesla.

And I'd put automatic wipers and headlights ahead of scheduled charging as being more important and it now what, 6 years they've been trying to do it? If if you think they're acceptable now, it took 4 or 5 years before it reached that point

I think they're all as bad as each other, just because someone is rubbish doesn't mean you can be. and the takeaway is this approach to software development, probably rooted in "Agile" and "MVP", doesn't really work that well in some situations,

Tesla scheduled charging is hardly a role model for how it should be done, and its been like it since 2015 when I got my first Tesla.

And I'd put automatic wipers and headlights ahead of scheduled charging as being more important and it now what, 6 years they've been trying to do it? If if you think they're acceptable now, it took 4 or 5 years before it reached that point

I think they're all as bad as each other, just because someone is rubbish doesn't mean you can be. and the takeaway is this approach to software development, probably rooted in "Agile" and "MVP", doesn't really work that well in some situations,
Trust me, Tesla are a million miles ahead of VW (well, CARIAD, VW’s software division). When I say scheduled charging was broken, I mean totally broken. It just didn’t work at all. For two years either you had to use your charge point to access overnight rates, start the charge manually at 12:30 in the morning, or pay full whack during the day. Pathetic.

Where do you find this vector based birds eye view feature ?
Start trying to park and keep an eye on the screen. You don't need to do anything to enable it.
You want to try VW! Tesla are a paradigm of virtue compared to them. They introduced scheduled charging in rel 2.1 in Dec 2020 and it didn’t work. It got fixed in 3.0 in Q4 2022. Almost two years to fix something basic and important.
Classic Tesla whataboutery. Completely unrelated and nothing to do with what I posted about.

The new vector based birds eye view feature with this release is all the evidence you'll ever need to prove that vision based parking is a joke.

It's so bad.
Hold on is this a new undocumented (and unreported yet) feature?
Do you mean it's camera based or just using AP/FSD visualisations?
Could you share a screenshot for those of us who haven't received 32 yet?

32.1/4 - lane keeping seems less positive - like the car is taking more things into account and constantly adjusting lane position
Still has trouble moving back in after passing lorries
Now renders vehicles that come close behind while driving not just is stationary traffic

Anyone able to confirm that software updates aren't automatically found and made available any more? My M3 has been stating "software up to date as of 25 August" while on version 26.8 every time I've selected the software tab, with no actual check. I've done a few 2 button resets with no difference, the most recent yesterday. Tried a reset again today and it started looking for and downloading an update to 26.9
I'm sure without trying to force a check nothing would have happened. Car is connected to WiFi when parked at home

Anyone able to confirm that software updates aren't automatically found and made available any more? My M3 has been stating "software up to date as of 25 August" while on version 26.8 every time I've selected the software tab, with no actual check. I've done a few 2 button resets with no difference, the most recent yesterday. Tried a reset again today and it started looking for and downloading an update to 26.9
I'm sure without trying to force a check nothing would have happened. Car is connected to WiFi when parked at home
Yes. I had the same thing for the last two updates, I thought it was a coincidence