Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[uk specific] Software 2023.32

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. GPS location is inaccurate causing the car to be located alongside the road it is on. Frequent incorrect instructions to turn left/right/u-turn which is distracting.
First long trip on 32.7 and the navigation ability was the worst I've experienced in 3.5 years with this car.

Was repeatedly told to turn left/right to join the main road when already on the main road. In some cases, to do a u turn to join back onto the road in the direction I was already heading.

Voice navigation instructions for actual turnings were very late or just absent altogether.

On approach to a junction on a quiet country road was told to turn right, at the line of the junction this then changed to left. Reversed the car 5 metres and tried again, this time left then right. Reversed again, right then left. Both directions would lead to my destination however I've never experienced such indecisiveness before.

Driven this route many times so fortunately I knew where I was going.

You've just come across the new navigation AI feature being developed. The car knows if you have driven the route many times before, yet have the navigation set. At this early phase of development, before fully enacting the AI, the Tesla software engineers are able to follow your vehicle on-screen and manually intervene with spurious instructions, just for a laugh. It has been suggested that they sometimes do this when bored or have had too much to drink and that this behaviour has become a hilarious new game at Tesla parties.🎉🍸🍸🍿🍻

Straw poll: I think it’s detecting indicators of traffic in the left lane. Spent some time today on the motorway lurking near other vehicles that were likely to need to pull out in front of me, and every time they flicked their indicators on Autopilot gave way.

Could of course be that they drifted towards the right when they signalled so not prepared to bet the house yet.

Makes me wonder why they’re bothering to tweak bits of it like this when all we need is a little less paranoia and smooth driving in traffic jams.

I feel almost embarrassed to post this but I made my regular Cheshire-Suffolk trip last night using the A51/A500/M6/A14/A143 & the car behaved as it should, although the point on the A14 where it has always believed it's 30 not 70mph had the usual gentle slowing down (anticipated & overriden - since owning my first Tesla it's become second nature to use AP with my foot over the accelerator). That was the only AP braking incident even when driving through the Birmingham rush hour M6 section with traffic on both sides and a lot of lorries on the inside lane of the A14 heading down towards Felixtowe.

The car has been on software 32.7 for a couple of weeks but this was the first long journey. Almost all of it was dark & dry with AP used on dual carriageways & motorway. The wipers never activated with AP without rain and AHB worked OK on Suffolk country lanes (except for chevrons as usual). Rugby services also had 17 stalls free when I arrived for a 15 min top-up.

I keep expecting each software update to result in something terrible but apart from Tesla vision shortcomings everything else still seems OK.

First long trip on 32.7 and the navigation ability was the worst I've experienced in 3.5 years with this car.

Was repeatedly told to turn left/right to join the main road when already on the main road. In some cases, to do a u turn to join back onto the road in the direction I was already heading.

Voice navigation instructions for actual turnings were very late or just absent altogether.

On approach to a junction on a quiet country road was told to turn right, at the line of the junction this then changed to left. Reversed the car 5 metres and tried again, this time left then right. Reversed again, right then left. Both directions would lead to my destination however I've never experienced such indecisiveness before.

Just had the same thing happen. GPS didn’t seem to know where I was.

I feel almost embarrassed to post this but I made my regular Cheshire-Suffolk trip last night using the A51/A500/M6/A14/A143 & the car behaved as it should, although the point on the A14 where it has always believed it's 30 not 70mph had the usual gentle slowing down (anticipated & overriden - since owning my first Tesla it's become second nature to use AP with my foot over the accelerator). That was the only AP braking incident even when driving through the Birmingham rush hour M6 section with traffic on both sides and a lot of lorries on the inside lane of the A14 heading down towards Felixtowe.

The car has been on software 32.7 for a couple of weeks but this was the first long journey. Almost all of it was dark & dry with AP used on dual carriageways & motorway. The wipers never activated with AP without rain and AHB worked OK on Suffolk country lanes (except for chevrons as usual). Rugby services also had 17 stalls free when I arrived for a 15 min top-up.

I keep expecting each software update to result in something terrible but apart from Tesla vision shortcomings everything else still seems OK.
I've had the opposite on 32.7. I don't know if I've been unlucky whilst driving up and down the M5 recently but I've had numerous incidences of the car braking hard when it thought that a car or lorry in the adjacent left lane was straying too close to the lane I was in. Whilst I appreciate the car trying to look after me, its made autopilot unusable on the smart motorway section between Worcester and Birmingham as the lanes are a little bit narrower, and the car no longer tolerates other cars not in the middle of their lane. I've driven this road every weekday since December in my M3 and it's only been doing it since this update. Any one else experienced this?

32.7 in the rain last night - wipers good without street lights following other vehicles, but with street lights wipers crazy fast, the same with incoming vehicles
Not sure there has been any change there. Yesterday, on 26.9, I had light rain where I would have manually selected fast intermittent or normal speed on and they kept going into crazy fast mode - sometimes going back to normal after around 30 seconds but one time I got had to manually intervene.

Not sure there has been any change there. Yesterday, on 26.9, I had light rain where I would have manually selected fast intermittent or normal speed on and they kept going into crazy fast mode - sometimes going back to normal after around 30 seconds but one time I got had to manually intervene.
I haven't driven in the rain at night for 6+ months, so it's a new observation for me.
Yes, I do adjust the frequency

You shouldn't have to go anywhere. They messed up the entire UK fleet a few years ago by switching providers and then switched us all back again.

Thanks for this! Tesla actioned it remotely.

For anyone else stumbling across this:

I raised a service request > other. Explained the problem and after some quick troubleshooting with the initial Tesla agentvia messages, they called me up to say it was passed onto engineers. All done within 48hrs.

Reactions: Adopado
I've had the opposite on 32.7. I don't know if I've been unlucky whilst driving up and down the M5 recently but I've had numerous incidences of the car braking hard when it thought that a car or lorry in the adjacent left lane was straying too close to the lane I was in. Whilst I appreciate the car trying to look after me, its made autopilot unusable on the smart motorway section between Worcester and Birmingham as the lanes are a little bit narrower, and the car no longer tolerates other cars not in the middle of their lane. I've driven this road every weekday since December in my M3 and it's only been doing it since this update. Any one else experienced this?
I've said it previously so apologies but I'm convinced it must be the settings I have in my profile which have helped both Teslas I've owned to avoid this behaviour over the past 3 1/2 years.

Almost every setting I chose back in early 2020 was either 'off' or warning only with no action to be taken by the car. As a consequence I do sometimes get alerts but not a harsh snatch at the wheel or sudden braking. Alerts are usually obvious ie an occasional pedestrian in line of sight on a bend or if I cross the nearside white line but I always get the choice of action to take rather than the car doing it.

Apart from using AP on the roads it's designed for (which I find relaxing & I like being in control of indicating /changing lanes) I enjoy driving the car myself & never had any interest in self-driving either in the past or for the future.

My first car covered 22k miles, this one nearly 9k so far.

IMG_8076.jpg

Last edited:
I've said it previously so apologies but I'm convinced it must be the settings I have in my profile which have helped both Teslas I've owned to avoid this behaviour over the past 3 1/2 years.
Mine was also completely fine until the 32.x updates. Any minor issues I'd had with AP over the past 18+ months were easily understood. Since that update however, the AP has been borderline unusable in normal/moderate traffic. In stop-start traffic it's still fine, if not a little better. On an empty road with very few cars around, it's also perfectly fine. As soon as I try to pass cars on the motorway in normal traffic, it's almost to the point of being dangerous to cars behind with the constant unexpected slowdowns.

This new behaviour is definitely related to the 32.x releases, not the individual settings in the config. There are plenty of others on this and other threads with the same issue cropping up with this software version, including someone being told by a Tesla ranger that their car is the same.

Hopefully it will be sorted with the next round of updates, but I won't hold my breath...

Reactions: eaglesrest
Mine was also completely fine until the 32.x updates. Any minor issues I'd had with AP over the past 18+ months were easily understood. Since that update however, the AP has been borderline unusable in normal/moderate traffic. In stop-start traffic it's still fine, if not a little better. On an empty road with very few cars around, it's also perfectly fine. As soon as I try to pass cars on the motorway in normal traffic, it's almost to the point of being dangerous to cars behind with the constant unexpected slowdowns.

This new behaviour is definitely related to the 32.x releases, not the individual settings in the config. There are plenty of others on this and other threads with the same issue cropping up with this software version, including someone being told by a Tesla ranger that their car is the same.

Hopefully it will be sorted with the next rounds of updates, but I won't hold my breath...
Doesn't explain why on 32.7 & AP in heavy M6 rush hour traffic last night I still didn't get any alerts or braking incidents. Some of the time we were stop-start crawling, the rest it was responding to continual 40-50-60-derestricted-50-40 etc overhead gantry limits & mostly with my car in the middle lane of three.

I'm not complaining!

Straw poll: I think it’s detecting indicators of traffic in the left lane. Spent some time today on the motorway lurking near other vehicles that were likely to need to pull out in front of me, and every time they flicked their indicators on Autopilot gave way.

Could of course be that they drifted towards the right when they signalled so not prepared to bet the house yet.

Makes me wonder why they’re bothering to tweak bits of it like this when all we need is a little less paranoia and smooth driving in traffic jams.
I'm on 32.6 which is rubbish for phantom braking. Today I noticed that the car had its "radar lock" (dark grey colour) on the car in the left lane that I was overtaking. Maybe I got sent an update for a LHD car....

Yes, UK forum, so other way round but car should NOT lock on car next to it, but one in front. Was really stable on previous software, but flaky now
This phenomenon has been happening on my US car since Tesla bolted the 11.4.x FSD onto my firmware earlier this year. It’s as if some of the FSDb logic has been integrated into the old autopilot stack and legacy autopilot is now locking on to the wrong cars.

Looks to me like whatever chunk of FSDb software that has been causing me issues has now been deployed to the main production branch worldwide.

My car has been behaving this way since about February of this year so I don’t have high hopes for it being fixed anytime soon. Maybe I’ll start a new thread.