Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK specific] Software Update 2023.26

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's historically been the responsibility of the driver to do so though, not the vehicle.

but also recently historically (?) tech has brought auto wipers and auto lights. Auto lights tends to work on brightness, but if its a bright and rainy day (like last week on a long drive) they won’t come on - so tying it in to auto wipers is a useful additional data point for triggering.

If we’re already ok withhanding off that driver choice to an automatic setting, why not have that be a little more cautious?

I’d be ok with this - maybe bring to all markets but have as a toggle for non-mandated countries?

Reactions: goRt
I must say I am disappointed by the announced Spotify interface redesign.
I was expecting a huge overhaul to bring it on par with the tablet/smartphone app.
Instead, they just shuffled around a couple elements and buttons. I struggled to find the difference.

Only interesting feat of this update is the ability to view the 4 cameras at once in sentry mode. Except that they got the the side cameras wrong and they are mirrored the wrong way...
I don't know if that was supposed to be the big summer holiday update but I'm underwhelmed..

Reactions: Oliver C
I hope that the “auto headlights with wipers“ only applies in countries that mandate it, or it does come with the option to permantly decline that. It is annoying enough to have to reset the lights to off at the beginning of each drive, so that I can make a reasonable judgement as to when they really need to be switched on.
what is the problem of being more visible to others?!

Reactions: djtaylor
I can confirm 100% that with this version, in the UK that when your wipers are on your headlights still do not automatically come on as well. Twice today (as usual) I found myself heading down a motorway in the daytime with the wipers going - performing quite well actually - but the headlights were off. The procedure to turn them on is quite hazardous at motorway speeds.

UK law is this, and at points today the visibility due to spray was definitely under 100m but since Tesla deemed it still bright enough the lights stayed off. I don’t mind too much about the front lights as the DRLs are quite bright, but the tail lights do not come on with the DRLs.
1690142094701.png

I can confirm 100% that with this version, in the UK that when your wipers are on your headlights still do not automatically come on as well. Twice today (as usual) I found myself heading down a motorway in the daytime with the wipers going - performing quite well actually - but the headlights were off. The procedure to turn them on is quite hazardous at motorway speeds.

UK law is this, and at points today the visibility due to spray was definitely under 100m but since Tesla deemed it still bright enough the lights stayed off. I don’t mind too much about the front lights as the DRLs are quite bright, but the tail lights do not come on with the DRLs.
That's a real shame. This along with no ability to resume the previous cruise control speed are two of the easiest features to implement that I just don't get why they aren't available. Or at least switch rear lights on with drls

Last edited:
Push stalk, tap button?
The headlights stalk? Which side is that?

The procedure varies depending on your settings - if you have Auto high beam active there’s a small headlight icon below the speed which if tapped will bring up the light control at the bottom of the right split and you can select from there (the buttons are equally as small as the Auto high beam icon). If not then you’re in for a bit of a shock depending if the car understands your voice or not as you can say ‘show Light Control’ and it will show the same menu, but if not the lights are buried in the main settings menu.

A voice command to ‘Turn the headlights on’ would be far easier, but that doesn’t work.

• Informative
Reactions: SalisburySam
The headlights stalk? Which side is that?

The procedure varies depending on your settings - if you have Auto high beam active there’s a small headlight icon below the speed which if tapped will bring up the light control at the bottom of the right split and you can select from there (the buttons are equally as small as the Auto high beam icon). If not then you’re in for a bit of a shock depending if the car understands your voice or not as you can say ‘show Light Control’ and it will show the same menu, but if not the lights are buried in the main settings menu.

A voice command to ‘Turn the headlights on’ would be far easier, but that doesn’t work.
You can also bring up the light control by pushing the left stalk (flashing the headlights). Just like pressing the button on the end of the left stalk brings up the wiper control (although I've now put wiper control on the long press of the left scroll wheel).

when I'm driving and its dark and someone in front or behind doesn't have their rear lights on I used to turn a little dial to turn my lights off briefly, then back on again.

I've tried that a couple of times in the tesla and given up after realising I'll probably crash.

You can also bring up the light control by pushing the left stalk (flashing the headlights). Just like pressing the button on the end of the left stalk brings up the wiper control (although I've now put wiper control on the long press of the left scroll wheel).
Another easier way without flashing other road users is simply to touch the right edge of the screen, where the headlights pictograms are. It will bring up the controls at bottom.

• Informative
Reactions: Cardo
Another easier way without flashing other road users is simply to touch the right edge of the screen, where the headlights pictograms are. It will bring up the controls at bottom.

the buttons being in two different places (top/side, then bottom) is already frustrating. I'd be ok if that brought up a massive banner with big 'flap hand in this general direction' icons, rather than the tiny ones that can get covered by your left hand/wheel if not careful.

Does that still work because the icons are no longer there in grey when the lights aren't on, they just disappear? I'll have to try it.

Does that still work because the icons are no longer there in grey when the lights aren't on, they just disappear? I'll have to try it.
I use auto high beam (I know not everyone does or shares a particular love for the feature here), so at all times I have at least one icon in grey for AHB on the right where I can touch and bring up the menu

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado