Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK specific] Software Update 2023.26

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you are the first person to wants louder warning beeps! (Have you reset Joe mode?) For myself I will be delighted if they go quieter.
Haha! I never thought the chimes were loud (other than the incoming call ringtone), I find them pleasant. But I feel as if this update made them excessively quiet. I can barely hear the chimes if I’m listening to music or driving on the highway.

Joe mode makes it even quieter! But yes I made sure it’s off. Thank you for the suggestion

Apologies if I’m missing the obvious here but I don’t understand the grief about not having this feature?
I don’t recall having ever encountered weather conditions that triggered wipers without it not being dark enough to also trigger the headlights?
I would say 99% of the time, my headlights turn on before the first drop of rain appears anyway.
Or are you guys driving through rainbows all the time?
There are lots of times with bad visibility in rain where my lights are not on. Or turn on for a minute then turn off so yes would like this option back.

Reactions: exlatccatsa
Good job you're not in UI design - you want a little used function front and cente (which is actually where it is)

If they used the headlight icons down the side as buttons, you would get both. Or an option to automatically turn them on in poor conditions.

One day I’ll take one of the human factors scientists from my old company for a drive and I’ll see what they have to say about it. We used full vehicle 360degree simulators and eye tracking to assess distractions - they had a world class reputation and their peer reviewed analysis is widely cited. I’m guessing the numbers would score the Tesla UI somewhere between a phone distraction and drunk driving.

Just had my first wet drive since 26.7 arrived last week & as ever, non-existent wipers were appalling with spray (it's as if they are only programmed for 'real rain').
I have contrasting experience of this this morning, I thought they worked just as they should on my commute in the rain & spray. They got quicker when it was worse, slower when not so bad. 26.7 came to me yesterday....

I have contrasting experience of this this morning, I thought they worked just as they should on my commute in the rain & spray. They got quicker when it was worse, slower when not so bad. 26.7 came to me yesterday....
I drove behind other cars with the windscreen gradually getting more obscured & as it was a straght-ish section on a road I know well I decided to wait and see. After a minute or so, visibility was becoming borderline so I had to press the LH stalk. I repeated this several times but no change until it started to rain lightly again, then intermittent wipers swiped occasionally but nowhere near as frequently as they should.

The car was cleaned on Saturday and the windscreen has never been treated with Rain-X or any other substances, just water.

Just had my first wet drive since 26.7 arrived last week & as ever, non-existent wipers were appalling with spray (it's as if they are only programmed for 'real rain').
This is one of two circumstances when I can guarantee my wipers won’t work properly - no actual rain but plenty of surface spray. 26.7 hasn’t improved it. The other one is low sun on a dry day, which sets the wipers thrashing as if I’m in a rainstorm.

Almost exactly four years into ownership and my wipers have improved somewhat but are still crap. Perhaps one day Tesla will overcome their arrogance and admit that vision only wipers don’t work, but I won’t hold my breath.

And someone will be along soon to say their wipers work perfectly . . .

I really don't think wipers have changed since 'Deep Rain' was first introduced in 2019. Anecdotal reports of them being sometimes better/ sometimes worse are down to external factors like intensity, light etc.

The average experience isn't any better.

Reactions: Durzel
Perhaps one day Tesla will overcome their arrogance and admit that vision only wipers don’t work, but I won’t hold my breath.
. .
Perhaps one day when Musk, Space, his Twits and everything else become 'X'.

More likely given the ongoing love affair between him & Oliver Blume (they preview new car launches with each other), when the company is sold to VAG they will sort this out.

Haha! I never thought the chimes were loud (other than the incoming call ringtone), I find them pleasant. But I feel as if this update made them excessively quiet. I can barely hear the chimes if I’m listening to music or driving on the highway.

Joe mode makes it even quieter! But yes I made sure it’s off. Thank you for the suggestion

The level must be different on different cars (mine is a 2019 Model 3). I always have Joe Mode active but I could still do with them being a touch quieter. Even worse are the warning alert "klaxons" (rather than the general beeps) which make everyone in the car really jump ... followed by a short discussion about how helpful (or otherwise) it is to be given a fright at the exact time you potentially need to be in full and calm control of the car! I realise that they need to be louder than any music or radio audio but that could be programmed to have an increased level for the alerts in those circumstances. On the other hand I find that the indicator sound is too quiet (!) ... which is probably because in the SR+ the ear level speaker is inactive. What we could do with is audio level settings for these things in the UI so that people could set their own preferences.

Reactions: Mik3LR and Foucault