Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[uk] UltraSonic Sensors removal/TV replacement performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed that Tesla have dropped the "Park" from the Enhanced Autopilot, so its not good news as it would appear they cannot deliver.

Autopark is still there.

Do you mean park assist - the beepy beeps? That's a standard feature and not part of EAP.

Pretty shocking all the deactivated features are still advertised in black and white with no indication they dont work! But that's why I say they really must be delivering something soon. Unlike vague claims about self driving, this is blatant, clear and actionable. Advertising features that don't exist. Can't drag this out for long surely.

• Helpful
Reactions: CWT3LR
Autopark is still there.

Do you mean park assist - the beepy beeps? That's a standard feature and not part of EAP.

Pretty shocking all the deactivated features are still advertised in black and white with no indication they dont work! But that's why I say they really must be delivering something soon. Unlike vague claims about self driving, this is blatant, clear and actionable. Advertising features that don't exist. Can't drag this out for long surely.
Yes auto park is still there and fully advertised but Park Assist has been removed.

We can confirm the currently restricted features, namely Park Assist, AutoPark and Summon and Smart Summon, will be available again in the new year and this change only develops the potential for development of autonomous features.

Yes auto park is still there and fully advertised but Park Assist has been removed.

We can confirm the currently restricted features, namely Park Assist, AutoPark and Summon and Smart Summon, will be available again in the new year and this change only develops the potential for development of autonomous features.

Park Assist was never part of EAP. It's a standard feature and was never specifically advertised on the website. So basic and taken for granted in this price segment they never mentioned it, lol!

Picked up my car in November and only once I thought “could do with USS here”

Not sure why everyone is panicking for some sensors. The car is loaded with camera’s everywhere

Tesla Vision will be released and then really can only comment on how things are.

Surely I can’t be the only one that doesn’t miss USS? I didn’t have it on my old car, so maybe that why? 🤷🏽‍♂️
1677019880107.jpeg

Thank God for the rear view camera…

Not sure why everyone is panicking for some sensors. The car is loaded with camera’s everywhere

Tesla Vision will be released and then really can only comment on how things are.

Surely I can’t be the only one that doesn’t miss USS? I didn’t have it on my old car, so maybe that why? 🤷🏽‍♂️
Anyone who gets behind the wheel of a car should be capable of parking without cameras or sensors. But that is entirely missing the point. The point is that Tesla have removed a paid for feature with no indication as to when the alternative will arrive, and no guarantee that it will work adequately when it does. In fact given Tesla’s history with lights and wipers I can almost guarantee it will be a sub standard alternative.

I hope it does not happen but if you only slightly touch or scrape the bumper or damage a third party vehicle you are looking at min £100 and don't forget these are not tiny bumpers.

A solution could be to for Tesla to add colour Bluetooth coded stick-on pads to the front and rear bumpers to interact with the entertainment app activating the "FART" mode which could identify and warn which part of the vehicle is close to the obstruction.
I’m mildly surprised there isn’t an aftermarket accessory for this, given how there seems to be an aftermarket accessory for everything else!

For the rear view camera I would get the abstract ocean cover, expensive but worth it for something plug and play and no damage to the camera.

Especially for non USS vehicles.
I've seen that. Have you personal experience of it with UK number plate fittings. Unfortunately with no UK presence AO shipping is from experience costly and/or at mercy of third party issues* would only be willing to go that route if it was confirmed as a total solution to fixing the regular rear camera visibilty issues. I'm guessing how long it remains effective in UK conditions is also a big unknown considering it is a limited lifespan item - mixed reviews on how long it remains effective for.

* small item shipping item took many weeks to arrive as stuck for extended periods in third party clearance centres with no relevant tracking info so no idea if lost or just very slow - thankfully 3 or so weeks later it was the latter.

Maybe people may be interested in a group buy to spread the shipping cost? @pete8314

Last edited:
I've seen that. Have you personal experience of it with UK number plate fittings. Unfortunately with no UK presence AO shipping is from experience costly and/or at mercy of third party issues* would only be willing to go that route if it was confirmed as a total solution to fixing the regular rear camera visibilty issues. I'm guessing how long it remains effective in UK conditions is also a big unknown considering it is a limited lifespan item - mixed reviews on how long it remains effective for.

* small item shipping item took many weeks to arrive as stuck for extended periods in third party clearance centres with no relevant tracking info so no idea if lost or just very slow - thankfully 3 or so weeks later it was the latter.

Maybe people may be interested in a group buy to spread the shipping cost? @pete8314
Took about a week to arrive for me and works great in all types of conditions. If it doesn’t last long I will be asking for a replacement that’s the only unknown.

Reactions: MrBadger
The IO site does mention that these only last a few months & I don’t plan on using one.

However I will be in the USA from April, returning at the end of May & it would be OK if one or two people placed orders with them for delivery to my Daughters address (I could bring them back - I’ve used IO a few times like this).

• Helpful
Reactions: MrBadger
Anyone who gets behind the wheel of a car should be capable of parking without cameras or sensors.

Anyone who gets behind the wheel of a car should be able to see out of the rear view mirror.......Model Y all you see is the cross bar, Model 3 all you see is half of everything that's no where near the car. I've said it before, if any car ever needed camera's and sensors, not as a luxury but as an absolute essential, then it's a Tesla.