Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[uk] UltraSonic Sensors removal/TV replacement performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well don't buy the car that doesn't have USS. Tesla will keep behaving this way while people keep buying their cars. Capitalism 101.
I think the greater concern is decapitating existing features. If I buy a car that doesn’t have USS I hope I know that up front. If I buy a car WITH USS and it is nerfed by a software update causing me to lose that feature, then I’m upset. Already happened with radar-equipped cars that didn’t remain on old software. And this is especially annoying without an equivalent capability delivered another way such as MuskVision or whatev.

You'll never get a car exactly as you want. Every car is a compromise. If you don't like the compromises Brand X has then buy Brand Y. I'm pretty sure there's a reason that you ordered a Tesla instead of a Fiat.
I 100% agree with that.
I did buy the Fiat first I really loved the car, then bought my Model 3 and really love it despite it all. But the model Y is such a massive upgrade (price wise as well!) that I’m not compromising (on something so important and convenient) until a replacement is available.

Also, personally, Tesla told me 2 WEEKS before delivery that this will happen, like my car is almost here and they told me now. When they knew about this Chang in NOVEMBER.

Reactions: jr_gn and CWT3LR
Yes, their marketing in
You'll never get a car exactly as you want. Every car is a compromise. If you don't like the compromises Brand X has then buy Brand Y. I'm pretty sure there's a reason that you ordered a Tesla instead of a Fiat

You'll never get a car exactly as you want. Every car is a compromise. If you don't like the compromises Brand X has then buy Brand Y. I'm pretty sure there's a reason that you ordered a Tesla instead of a Fiat.
Yes, their marketing - including the deluded ramblings of credulous fanboys - suckers people into thinking they are getting the "most advanced car on the planet". When actually you are getting a great battery and motor tech, with poor running gear and dreadful software.

Reactions: Boza
View attachment 909824
Thank God for the rear view camera…
I don’t get it? Clean it…

Like you would clean your rear view or wing mirrors if they were dirty?

It’s a lazy argument tbf.

I get that it was sold on the car on place of order, that I can understand. But I was made fully aware long before pickup about it - as were many others.

I get that it was sold on the car on place of order, that I can understand. But I was made fully aware long before pickup about it - as were many others.
Yeah, just get out on a busy main road if it has rained at any point in your journey to clean it. FFS.

You could also get out your car, and go and have a look at how much space there is to go, get back in and move a bit, then get out and have another look, get back in and move a bit more….

It’s not difficult. It’s stupidly inconvenient, but it’s not difficult..

Or maybe it was clean when I started my journey and it was dirty at the end?
Or do you suggest every time I reverse the car I have to get out and clean the camera first, Mr Smarty Pants?

Yeah, just get out on a busy main road if it has rained at any point in your journey to clean it. FFS.
Why are you reversing on a main road?
Or maybe it was clean when I started my journey and it was dirty at the end?
Or do you suggest every time I reverse the car I have to get out and clean the camera first, Mr Smarty Pants?
So clean it when you realise as you’re backing into your space?

Never once had an issue with the cameras. People moaning for the sake of moaning. It’s quite funny.

And would you have to clean the cameras so often if the car still had USS? Nice to see you’re trying to defend the indefensible.
Be honest - open question to everyone - how many times have you had to clean the camera’s?

Me: once. During the snow we had in December.

I’ve done 4000 miles and I reverse into my drive everyday.

I’m not defending anything, just find it ridiculous how many people are moaning about something which really isn’t that bad.

• Funny
Reactions: boombap and CWT3LR
Honestly, anybody moaning about lack of USS on here needs to go give themselves a shake. 'Oh, I just got told two weeks before it was delivered there was no USS', wise up, if you haven't done due diligence on a 50k car miles before that to know that since last Oct they were not shipping with USS you have no room to be moaning about out. I was never once told by Tesla that there would be no USS (which is a failing from them as it really should be communicated better) but through these forums and plenty of other outlets I was well aware of what I was buying into.

The amount of time and comments from some on here would make me think that if that half that time had been invested into figuring out what you were actually getting versus posting time you would be alright!
I'm not defending Tesla as they really should have had Vision ready to go before, they pulled the USS but again, if you somehow missed this in the last 6 months....................well what can ya say!
One last one from above 'dreadful software'....as opposed to what exactly? Benchmark against what other EV, it's miles ahead of even the more appealing equivalent EVs that are currently on a 6/9/12 month wait list (Ioniq 5, EV6, Mach E), you going to tell me that software is dreadful against that lot? Maybe you will, all about opinions I suppose!!

Be honest - open question to everyone - how many times have you had to clean the camera’s?

I’m not defending anything, just find it ridiculous how many people are moaning about something which really isn’t that bad.
Being honest in winter with loads of crud on the road I would have to clean my rear camera after just about every journey. Luckily I don’t have to because my car still has these fantastic things called USS.

Honestly, anybody moaning about lack of USS on here needs to go give themselves a shake. 'Oh, I just got told two weeks before it was delivered there was no USS', wise up, if you haven't done due diligence on a 50k car miles before that to know that since last Oct they were not shipping with USS you have no room to be moaning about out. I was never once told by Tesla that there would be no USS (which is a failing from them as it really should be communicated better) but through these forums and plenty of other outlets I was well aware of what I was buying into.

The amount of time and comments from some on here would make me think that if that half that time had been invested into figuring out what you were actually getting versus posting time you would be alright!
I'm not defending Tesla as they really should have had Vision ready to go before, they pulled the USS but again, if you somehow missed this in the last 6 months....................well what can ya say!
One last one from above 'dreadful software'....as opposed to what exactly? Benchmark against what other EV, it's miles ahead of even the more appealing equivalent EVs that are currently on a 6/9/12 month wait list (Ioniq 5, EV6, Mach E), you going to tell me that software is dreadful against that lot? Maybe you will, all about opinions I suppose!!
Complete crap. Not everyone follows forums. If a paid for feature is removed it is incumbent upon the manufacturer to inform the customer. It isn’t the customers responsibility to somehow find out. Some people were informed but plenty weren’t. It’s another example of Tesla treating their customers with contempt.

You are fortunate if the only parking is revising into your drive every day, using mirrors and a possible dirty camera is not that bad, but try reverse parking in the center of London with traffic held up behind you as you are blindly trying to maneuver without damaging your or somebody's car, you may change your mind and join the many people moaning. I would be happy to be your passenger and guide for the day, I will happily pay for the parking and tea or coffee. I have worked and driven in central London for over 40 years but always willing to learn.