Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[uk] UltraSonic Sensors removal/TV replacement performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No need to be rude.

I could afford to pay and was happy to pay, and have done so again.

It’s up to you what you do. Seems you’re getting stressed out by this. Just get a different car next time and chill.
Jaded would be the right word. Let's just say my eyes are more wide open now than when I ordered back in 2020. A lot of promises have come and gone since then.

When I come to sell my M3P (next year most likely) I'll be going in with my eyes wide open. There's a lot of decent competition out there now and they seem to be evolving faster than Tesla are - in this country at least.

Reactions: Boza and JupiterMan
Jaded would be the right word. Let's just say my eyes are more wide open now than when I ordered back in 2020. A lot of promises have come and gone since then.

When I come to sell my M3P (next year most likely) I'll be going in with my eyes wide open. There's a lot of decent competition out there now and they seem to be evolving faster than Tesla are - in this country at least.
My wife has just got an EV from another brand (see, I'm not a zealot), and I have to say that the software and app on her car is awful compared to the Tesla - it's just possible you might miss some features from a Tesla if you went elsewhere, but good luck! 👍

My wife has just got an EV from another brand (see, I'm not a zealot), and I have to say that the software and app on her car is awful compared to the Tesla - it's just possible you might miss some features from a Tesla if you went elsewhere, but good luck! 👍
But at least they get a wiper stalk! ;)
God, I really miss those…

Hmmm…

I see no problem in Musk saying that he wants more people in North America to have access to the beta software next year?

Now, if you are in the 95.3% of the world that isn't North Amercian, that might give you some concerns...

With another brand you might enjoy some features that you can’t get on a Tesla, such as:
A decent binnacle display
A HUD
Better comfort and refinement in a car of this price
Much better build quality, though Tesla have improved somewhat
Acres of real dead cow instead of this awful vegan “leather” that just makes the interior look cheap. Which it is.
Matrix headlights that actually work
Auto windscreen wipers that actually work
No phantom braking when using equivalent of NOA
Software updates that don’t remove features you’ve paid for or make the driving experience worse

They are just a few off the top of my head but there are probably plenty more.

With another brand you might enjoy some features that you can’t get on a Tesla, such as:
A HUD
Acres of real dead cow instead of this awful vegan “leather” that just makes the interior look cheap. Which it is.
Software updates that don’t remove features you’ve paid for or make the driving experience worse

Parking sensors?

A HUD

Don’t buy a Tesla seems to be your answer.

Oh, I decided a long time ago that my first Tesla would also be my last. There are just too many compromises, and a lot of the competition is just getting better and better.
Currently watching Mat Watson, testing the Renault Megane Etech. Between that and the MG4, there are cars >£20k cheaper, with a much better image than a Tesla, that offer 80% of the performance and 110% of the tech of a Tesla, with no worries your car gets progressively worse over time. Only fanboys ignore the fact they made a mistake.

Currently watching Mat Watson, testing the Renault Megane Etech. Between that and the MG4, there are cars >£20k cheaper, with a much better image than a Tesla, that offer 80% of the performance and 110% of the tech of a Tesla, with no worries your car gets progressively worse over time. Only fanboys ignore the fact they made a mistake.

And 60% of the range / efficiency. Go fly with MG. Good luck.

Reactions: JupiterMan and Boza
Oh, I decided a long time ago that my first Tesla would also be my last. There are just too many compromises, and a lot of the competition is just getting better and better.
I also decided some time ago that I wouldn’t get another Tesla. I don’t regret getting my M3P as there was much less competition three years ago, though FSD vapourware was a complete waste of money. Now there’s lots of interesting competition, and my next car will have software that isn’t in permanent beta.

Reactions: CWT3LR