Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[uk] UltraSonic Sensors removal/TV replacement performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All valid, still doesn't take away from my opinion that there a folks buying into the 'fashion / it's cool' with no idea what they are getting into. I have already said it was prob 50/50 on people that were informed and were not. I wasn't informed and also test drove the car with USS but knew full well that I would be getting a car without USS. Diff argument if you ordered way before they announced pulling them, every right to refuse or cancel, my argument is more based around the last couple of quarters with people ordering recently and then getting 'surprised' that USS is missing.
good for you that you knew.

I can assure you that absolutely vast majority of tesla drivers in UK who have ordered their cars in last year (in region of 95%) have no clue about the existence of this forum. Or any tesla owners group on facebook or any other site. nor people read into such news.

This isnt the experience of someone who has bought a cutting edge £70k model Y. Thats the experience one would expect if you bought a second hand £5k rustbox.
Tesla want premium prices, with bargain-basement features.
My 2011 Lexus has parking sensors and cost less than half my model Y without them.

This isnt the experience of someone who has bought a cutting edge £70k model Y. Thats the experience one would expect if you bought a second hand £5k rustbox.
Tesla want premium prices, with bargain-basement features.
My 2011 Lexus has parking sensors and cost less than half my model Y without them.

You could also get out your car, and go and have a look at how much space there is to go, get back in and move a bit, then get out and have another look, get back in and move a bit more….

It’s not difficult. It’s stupidly inconvenient, but it’s not difficult..
That's great advice, its clear you don't drive in center of London, if I did as you suggest getting in and out it would cause traffic to stack back and block junctions at best get moved on by police or at worst end up in accident and emergency.

• Disagree
Reactions: boombap
The absence of USS was always annoying but I’ve managed to make do up until recently. I’ve been going into London for the past few weeks for work and have had to get my Model Y into tiny spaces on extremely narrow roads. It’s been a nightmare - to top it off the cameras aren’t helpful because the 2 hour commute into London just gets them dirty and pretty much useless. For the amount of money I pay every month do Tesla really expect me to jump out the car with a spray bottle to give the camera a clean?! In what world did they think that would be a viable solution

We’re also approaching March now and no sign of the update. I know what I’m saying has been said over and over again but seriously this is disgraceful behaviour from Tesla and it’s hard to just accept and live with. They’re taking us for a bunch of mugs. Im genuinely gutted I chose the MYP over the BMW iX lol. Anyway rant over - nothing I can do about it now. A decision I’ll have to live with but what I do know is that I won’t be rushing back for another one in 4 yrs time!

Tesla (no)vision. BTW, somehow, the USS still worked…

1677558470504.png

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: boombap and CWT3LR
The absence of USS was always annoying but I’ve managed to make do up until recently. I’ve been going into London for the past few weeks for work and have had to get my Model Y into tiny spaces on extremely narrow roads. It’s been a nightmare - to top it off the cameras aren’t helpful because the 2 hour commute into London just gets them dirty and pretty much useless. For the amount of money I pay every month do Tesla really expect me to jump out the car with a spray bottle to give the camera a clean?! In what world did they think that would be a viable solution

We’re also approaching March now and no sign of the update. I know what I’m saying has been said over and over again but seriously this is disgraceful behaviour from Tesla and it’s hard to just accept and live with. They’re taking us for a bunch of mugs. Im genuinely gutted I chose the MYP over the BMW iX lol. Anyway rant over - nothing I can do about it now. A decision I’ll have to live with but what I do know is that I won’t be rushing back for another one in 4 yrs time!
Burys4752, For a start do what I have done contact Trading Standards, secondly when I told my collogues I was purchasing a Tesla their chin dropped, now when I am asked what's it like to drive and own a Tesla their chin drops further. Two of my collegue love my car but don't trust the Brand one has gone for the Kia and the other the Polestar. My Tesla is a great car but there is no advantage if you don't get what you paid for now especially with chargers being given access to non Tesla owners. Its only a question of time before Tesla will loose the initiative and market shares.

@Frankb70 , I think your comments just about sum up where Tesla is now, the company has significantly changed its ethos from producing the wow and impressive to a more mundane approach where the customer will get what Tesla wants them to have when they can be bothered to give it to them.
Elon has become bored of Tesla and his interests are elsewhere at the moment - but hats off to him, it was him that raised the profile and capability of Tesla and gave us some incredible technology that the rest of the car manufacturers said could never happen.

They were so far ahead of all competitors that no one considered the mainstream ICE manufacturers could ever catch up or compete - yet here we are with so much choice - the others have moved forwards at pace and Tesla has sort of moved forward much slower but has found a way to alienate its customer base and pretty much lost its USP.

I think my 2020 M3P is a wonderful car, the very first car that has provided me almost everything I could ever wish for in a car, I like comfortable, well equipped, loads of gadgets, super quick acceleration and without the exhaust noise - never been a fan of loud exhausts. I really like the design and my car has no paint or panel gap issues and at three years old in March with just 8000 miles its in pristine condition - and having said all of that I wouldn't buy another Tesla - not because I don't think they are a good car but because of Tesla's attitude towards customers, the lack of spare parts when things go wrong or get damaged and the absolute contempt they display by making promises to deliver but fail to do so - they would rather develop a new sounding fart than fix something majority of customers report as irritating or unreliable - like the Wipers, AHB - even disabling fitted equipment that cripples some of the functions and not give the customers a choice on this (Radar, Data ports).

USS removed with a promise TV will be here soon to replace it and 6 months later still nothing.

Their latest unforgivable action was to encourage customers to take delivery of cars earlier than agreed and offered some free supercharging miles - then a few weeks later heavily discounted the price of its cars - that has to hurt those that paid so much and going to suffer huge depreciation.

I cant support a company that can operate this way, I don't trust them to do the right thing, I don't believe a word they say, I hate the penny pinching - or value engineering, replacing with lower quality or removal of stuff because it makes more profit.

Its without doubt in my view, the earlier cars are a much more attractive package than their new offerings - and current prices of used Tesla are an absolute bargain for those savvy buyers who have waited, I don't regret buying mine, I have a stonkingly good car, I'm not even the slightest bit annoyed that I paid a higher price to have FSD - and have bugger all to show for that, I didn't buy it as an investment. It really is a brilliant car - but disappointed Tesla has alienated me as a future return customer.

GlynG Good response I was disappointed at the price drop devaluing my vehicle just two weeks, but whilst I had a moan if the vehicle had been delivered with all the features in EAP that I had paid it would have been the perfect car, albeit some of the functions had poor performance reviews. I compared purchasing a Tesla like investing in shares; value can go up or down.

As said I really love driving the Y but try and avoid using it if I know that parking is tight and was really looking forwards to summons to be able to pull the car out so I could fully open the door for access. I also opted for FSD and I was made aware that its nowhere near autonomous drive but as new features came along they would be added. It appears that another disappointment if the news is that any hardware upgrades will not available.

We should be taking delivery of our Fiat 500 La Prima electric next week so lets lets see what happens in the next few months before deciding to keep the Y or get rid of it and purchase a make and model that delivers my expectations as a standard feature or as an additional option, but unless there is a complete change in Tesla attitude and customer care cant see me purchasing another Tesla or any brand associated with the Tesla group.

Reactions: M3-Ita
We should be taking delivery of our Fiat 500 La Prima electric next week
Congratulations, great little car.

We got a Celestial Blue La Prima in January last year for my wife & both adore it - real character & beautifully built by the Turin Mazerati factory. Fault free, good range and excellent self driving capability (more user friendly & effective than the Tesla too!).

If the Model Y had even twice the tiny turning circle of the Fiat then many people probably would't complain so much about the missing sensors. It can do a full turn on a narrow road or sharply reverse into the tightest of gaps with ease.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: M3-Ita and CWT3LR

I totally agree but we don't have to just sit back and take it pass your information onto Trading standards as this practice is goods paid for which have not been delivered and certainly there is a question of customers being possibly deceived.