Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[uk] UltraSonic Sensors removal/TV replacement performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How often do you drive? Once a year? Obviously during that one drive you never have to park on the road 🙄
Says in my post. Everyday…

Park everywhere I need to, whether that be drives, on the road, car parks.

Again, I’m finding more people moaning about a no nothing issue here. If you’re struggling to park a car without sensors, that’s really a you problem.

Be honest - open question to everyone - how many times have you had to clean the camera’s?

Me: once. During the snow we had in December.

I’ve done 4000 miles and I reverse into my drive everyday.

I’m not defending anything, just find it ridiculous how many people are moaning about something which really isn’t that bad.
Well, maybe when you’ve done in excess of 70.000 miles like many of us here you may have had to clean it a few more times.

• Disagree
Reactions: boombap and CWT3LR
You are fortunate if the only parking is revising into your drive every day, using mirrors and a possible dirty camera is not that bad, but try reverse parking in the center of London with traffic held up behind you as you are blindly trying to maneuver without damaging your or somebody's car, you may change your mind and join the many people moaning. I would be happy to be your passenger and guide for the day, I will happily pay for the parking and tea or coffee. I have worked and driven in central London for over 40 years but always willing to learn.
After all that, you still decide to buy the car without USS? 😭

Reactions: boombap
Complete crap. Not everyone follows forums. If a paid for feature is removed it is incumbent upon the manufacturer to inform the customer. It isn’t the customers responsibility to somehow find out. Some people were informed but plenty weren’t. It’s another example of Tesla treating their customers with contempt.
Yeah complete crap if it was any other car brand bar Tesla, if you ain't aware of the Elon timeline and everything that goes with it and Tesla you shouldn't be getting involved in the Tesla brand at all. Just like much in life these days, tons of people buying into Tesla because it's 'cool' with no actual clue as to how bad/good the whole set up then hitting forums with questions like 'how do you open the car door' ( maybe not that bad but seen some nearly as stupid). So if you were informed about the feature removal and then still on here bitching and moaning about it, how is that getting anywhere?
Other thread on there about cancelling due to USS removal, you telling me everybody on that never knew about it? I will give you that some were not informed but I bet some of them were, yet still harping on about cancelling after ordering fully aware it wasn't included.

Yeah complete crap if it was any other car brand bar Tesla, if you ain't aware of the Elon timeline and everything that goes with it and Tesla you shouldn't be getting involved in the Tesla brand at all.
What you are basically saying is that the Musk spouts complete crap. Realists sussed that out a long time ago, but the true believers are still in denial.

Reactions: Marsizzler
Judging by the number of people who are up in arms about this, I think you’re in the minority here
The truth is very simple.

People knew about USS before their cars, they were told.
They knew their driving situation.

They still chose to accept the car, when someone calls it out, they don’t like the truth. They’re annoyed about the situation (you have the right to be)
But like the many thousands that have their cars delivered without USS “you knew what you were getting yourselves into”

Everyone just has to wait for TV.

Honestly, anybody moaning about lack of USS on here needs to go give themselves a shake. 'Oh, I just got told two weeks before it was delivered there was no USS', wise up, if you haven't done due diligence on a 50k car miles before that to know that since last Oct they were not shipping with USS you have no room to be moaning about out. I was never once told by Tesla that there would be no USS (which is a failing from them as it really should be communicated better) but through these forums and plenty of other outlets I was well aware of what I was buying into.

The amount of time and comments from some on here would make me think that if that half that time had been invested into figuring out what you were actually getting versus posting time you would be alright!
I'm not defending Tesla as they really should have had Vision ready to go before, they pulled the USS but again, if you somehow missed this in the last 6 months....................well what can ya say!
One last one from above 'dreadful software'....as opposed to what exactly? Benchmark against what other EV, it's miles ahead of even the more appealing equivalent EVs that are currently on a 6/9/12 month wait list (Ioniq 5, EV6, Mach E), you going to tell me that software is dreadful against that lot? Maybe you will, all about opinions I suppose!!
I was sent the disclaimer, and looking at the explanation "for a short period of time" was inconvenient but acceptable, then having thought about it the very next day I contacted Tesla UK to cancel my order. I was assured both verbally and in writing that that it was only for a short period and would be restored in the New Year by OTA software. The other point was that I received an update that delivery of vehicle would be between 19 Oct and 3rd of November 22, please settle account to avoid delays. I paid for the vehicle and contracted to sell my old vehicle, only a week later to informed that my vehicle would be delivered Nov / Dec. I called Tesla who were puzzled as they said it was impossible to pay until a car and VIN had been assigned, and offered an apology and reluctantly the return of my payment as no date could be given for 2022. Therefore with assurances in writing and down to one vehicle I was believed it was worth the "short period of inconvenience.

• Helpful
Reactions: cliff harris
Yes, but when you spend £50-60k on a car you expect certain things
Depends on "you". No, Im not happy that uss has been removed even though I have it in both my cars. However, going forward this is not top of my list (providing the alternative is good since visibility on our cars is dependent on clean cameras)

There are cars out there with no auto wipers, rear view camera, heated seats etc etc that cost more money and the performance is either not even close or negligible.

Its as mentioned, there are compromises across all brands.

There are places out there that will build you "desirable" electric car of choice with whatever you wish to have at a price but I dont think the warranties can be matched...

Reactions: boombap
The truth is very simple.

People knew about USS before their cars, they were told.
They knew their driving situation.
Sweeping generalisation ant certainly not true in many cases.

I wasn't told before, during or after delivery that my car would not have USS or associated functionality.

I was not in a position to reject the car - company car returned and needed a reliable 4 seat car to travel ~200 miles at short notice to visit gravely ill (now deceased) father.

Says in my post. Everyday…

Park everywhere I need to, whether that be drives, on the road, car parks.

Again, I’m finding more people moaning about a no nothing issue here. If you’re struggling to park a car without sensors, that’s really a you problem.

Sweeping generalisation ant certainly not true in many cases.

I wasn't told before, during or after delivery that my car would not have USS or associated functionality.

I was not in a position to reject the car - company car returned and needed a reliable 4 seat car to travel ~200 miles at short notice to visit gravely ill (now deceased) father.
My sincere condolences at your loss.