Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[uk] UltraSonic Sensors removal/TV replacement performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like everything, this will improve over time I guess. For people without ultrasonics like my wife's car having something vs nothing is a big improvement.

I do agree though it looks more like about the minimal level of functionality before they could get something out. I think they were under a lot of pressure to get something out quickly as it maybe has been hurting their sales a bit.
"Like everything" 😂

• Funny
Reactions: adsheff
"Like everything" 😂
Have to start somewhere and be an improvement vs nothing at all. I still like that Tesla roll out quite a few updates and improvements to their cars. My Land Rover gets software updates also, in a year I've got Wireless Apple Carplay / Android Auto (Was wired only before) and Alexa built into the car but honestly nothing else that I can think of. The rate of software change there is very minimal unlike Tesla that's heavy on their software even if they don't get it right all the time.

Nothing for me on my wife's car in the UK at the moment.

Reactions: Exy1
I just updated to 2023.6.9 with park assist and it seems to work pretty in my case. There are some YouTuber already complain about that it does not work well. Some of them don’t even have a car.

For my case, it works well enough.

I don’t have FSD. Just autopilot.
There is one YouTuber that is amazing at talking complete rubbish and speculation “John Eee”. Never posts a video testing anything and pretends he knows everything. I’ve blocked his channel but somehow he still keeps coming up in searches

Reactions: Mullermn
At work, it said I've already hit the wall and it was advising me to "STOP" in big bold red letters even though the wall is a little over 12 inches away. Again, it's better than nothing. I'm sure it will get better eventually.
that’s intended behaviour, if you have a car with USS it will flip from 13” to STOP and you’ll be 12” away from the obstacle it can see.

It says stop at that point so you can still open the tail gate.

Nothing official as yet but . . .

Screenshot_20230326-163025_Home.jpg

. . . the car's downloaded 22GB in the last 24 hours. Before that it took 11GB in the past 30 days. So something's clearly happening.

(Google Wifi for anyone wondering)

Perhaps they should ensure the update isn’t broken before they roll it out.
Or they could try the VW approach. They announced the 3.0 update for ID models in early 22 and heavily trailed it to motoring magazines etc. Then nothing happens for months and months. Spring, summer and autumn come and go. Eventually, they ask for volunteers and get thousands subscribing. But they only want 1000, so there’s lots of disappointed people. So it gets pushed to 1000 cars in Nov/Dec but it seems too many cars got bricked so it went quiet again. After endless whining from owners, VW announce on their FB page last week that they will have something to say sometime in April. Still no timeline for recommencing the roll out though. On top of all this, the upgrade is tiny, tiny, tiny. About the only useful thing for me is that after 2 years of being broken, scheduled charging is fixed. By comparison, Tesla are in a different universe.

Last edited:
Not sure about the 3/S/X but the Y at least has got a turning circle like a cruise ship. If an object has appeared inside the front camera blind spot and you aren't able to back up enough for it to come in to frame then you aren't getting out of that space anyway.
I did tweet Elon the other day with my feature suggestion to add "turning area" into the satnav as a waypoint, just to address the Y's turning megacircle.

• Funny
Reactions: thax1 and Mullermn