Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] V11 UI Changes and Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For us old timers with presbyopia, the smaller font for speed is not helping, in a UI which is already littered with tiny text!

Until the arrival of our M3, I've never used glasses for driving - my distance acuity is as good as it ever was. I do use reading glasses, however, as I reached the limit of my arms length a few years ago 🙂.

I've now started, occasionally, to wear half-moon reading glasses while driving just so I can read the damned small fonts used on the Tesla display. I don't wear them all the time, as it makes me look like a daft old vicar!

Time to try some vari-focals I guess.

I like the update. Nice Christmas novelty to play with.
Particularly like the auto heated seats which work fine and the live sentry cameras are great. Am missing the trip meter though.
Nothing that can't be fixed in the future.

Do you mean the card that shows current trip stats like Wh/m? I agree. Missed it today and not entirely sure if the other new features make up for it. Best I can do is put Energy app on the tool bar, but it isn't as easy to read as the card (done with a glance) and it covers the nav.

One thing I noticed was the blind spot camera display, which is occluded by my left hand on the steering wheel. Be nice to (optionally) move it to the top as it's a temporary display (goes when the indicator turns off).

For reasons I don't understand the dash cam is now shown as "Unavailable"... But the external viewer works correctly.
Issue with the update or my already wounded "car computer"?

Oh there is bound to be several bugs in the software, usually the updates trickle out with patches along the way. First thing I thought with such a big update, do I really wanna risk having bugs over Christmas - but the features encouraged me to update straight away, I usually hold off doing the update for a week or so. Advanced Vs standard makes no difference.

I already found that after the light show the screen stays on if you straight away lock the car without opening the door first. I'm sure there are more.

Found another idiocy. If you want to save your dashcam footage, you need to tap into the car menu, then try to tap the dashcam card. Ok, the card is bigger than the old top bar icon, but it’s now a further tap away. Last thing you need when you’re potentially flustered.

And, no, I’m not using “Save on honk”. Most times I want to save footage I don’t want to let everyone know about it.

Oh there is bound to be several bugs in the software, usually the updates trickle out with patches along the way. First thing I thought with such a big update, do I really wanna risk having bugs over Christmas - but the features encouraged me to update straight away, I usually hold off doing the update for a week or so. Advanced Vs standard makes no difference.

I already found that after the light show the screen stays on if you straight away lock the car without opening the door first. I'm sure there are more.
Me too, but this update was talked about for a while and as I got it this morning throught I'd try it out.

My first impressions after installing ;this is like an old android with old icons. Hopefully can be more customisable in the future. Not a fan of the increased sub menus - makes no sense to have a car u/i that can't access info/functions at a single tap. Then again not driven it to see how it plays out on the road just yet. Overall imo better than the previous Xmas update. I see huge potential (and that inevitable will come with bugs). The light show was a nice touch.
Fremont LR no eap or fsd.

Reactions: Elmet
Found another idiocy. If you want to save your dashcam footage, you need to tap into the car menu, then try to tap the dashcam card. Ok, the card is bigger than the old top bar icon, but it’s now a further tap away. Last thing you need when you’re potentially flustered.

And, no, I’m not using “Save on honk”. Most times I want to save footage I don’t want to let everyone know about it.
You still can keep it on auto - if you want the footage of accidents etc.,

Just had a dance off between a Fremont 2021 M3 lr and a 2022 mic M3 lr
The only noticeable difference was the mic cars boot danced the Fremont one didn't, they both have electric boots

Try again on the Fremont 2021, it may work second time.

The boot does it's show on my car, which is the same age/build as yours. It didn't first time, then did second.