Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorked X100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. Before I got my X100D uncorked, I don't recall it ever went over 300Wh. Now it can go over 300wh easily.

The difference is very obviously. I feel dizzy every time I push it.

X100D can clearly be uncorked. Ask them to contact Sam from the Buena Park SC in California if they insist it is not uncorkable.

Thanks for the info! i don't remember if I was ever able to go over 300Wh before but after reading your comment I try it and I was able to go over that but I never got my X uncorked before and I've been asking my SC about it and they just kept telling me no. I'm on software .44 and VIN 46xxx if that makes a difference.

Faster and more responsive = more energy consumed. Simple as that. The "problem" with more power is that you very quickly get used to it and it soon becomes the norm. So even if you consciously back off on acceleration, you will still probably be using more power than before. For when economy is critical I would switch into chill mode and drive slower. At other times enjoy the extra kick!
I finally had a chance to drive over 100 miles since uncorked.

I think I overreacted. I don't know why the power consumption jumped like crazy initially (even thought I did not push it...)

Yesterday after the latest software update, I was on my 100 miles commute. I used both standard and chill mode. The power consumption was actually close to where I was before uncorked. Did not see any major spike and, of course, I did not really push it because my goal was to understand the power consumption

Now that I know it is normal. I don't mind going crazy once a while because I understand the limitation.

Thanks all for your reply

• Informative
Reactions: dogldogl
Thanks for the info! i don't remember if I was ever able to go over 300Wh before but after reading your comment I try it and I was able to go over that but I never got my X uncorked before and I've been asking my SC about it and they just kept telling me no. I'm on software .44 and VIN 46xxx if that makes a difference.
Not sure you remember.

Around July (right after my car was delivered), the advertised 0-60 performance X and S improved. there is a possibility that your car was already uncorked when you pick it up.

You can join TeslaFI to view the config of your car to confirm

• Helpful
Reactions: ckwong
Quick update . . . .

I had an appointment scheduled for today to drop off my car and get it uncorked. In a turn of events, the service center called me and asked if I would rather have a mobile technician come to my house and do the work in my driveway. Obviously, I agreed. Come appointment time, the guy spends 5 min in my car and determines that my car is ALREADY uncorked and they didn't know :confused:
So, he forced the latest update (2017.48 a774ed8). Nothing major to report, just some bug fixes.

On a side note, I asked him if this can be done via OTA update. He said yes, but "it's a huge pain the the ass and we really try to avoid it". I didn't question any further, but I assume it's a huge file/a lot of data and OTA may just be too much. Just a guess.

In retrospect, I am not surprised that my car was already uncorked. It was an inventory car with a 7/2017 build date, so it was on the lot being used as a test drive vehicle for a couple of months. Also, I noticed others mentioning that they rarely/never saw the energy meter go beyond 300Wh, where as I see this all the time. My car is already incredibly quick (as you all know), but I sure was looking forward to pushing the performance even higher. Why can't we just be happy with what we have?????:eek::p

X100D 65XXX build 08.2017 SOC~95%

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171213-192121.png
    Screenshot_20171213-192121.png
    1 MB · Views: 180
Reactions: Doctt and Xtek
Oh, I reported my uncork in the S forum by mistake, I guess.

Engineering approved me for uncorking (I got a call about it today in the morning) and it was pushed OTA. It did involve updating firmware that did not go well at first and needed a second try before succeeding.

Do you know why the time table starts before 0.0 sec mark? Is this taking into account rollout?
Yep. I start zero on the first distance entry above 1 ft. Not ideal, but without CAN data for throttle position and with so many rolling starts, I haven't found a better way to normalize the data.

By the way, uncorking may increase the high speed passing power as welk but upping the current, but without before and after (uncorking) quarter mile times I can't tell.

Hi hi! After extensively going through the awesome YouTube video and pulling up my vehicle using the amazing timdorr api, I did not find the perf_config parameter and actually have a rather limited set of outputs. I have a 7/2017 Inventory X75D that I took delivery of last Friday (she’s one week old in my household) and I’m still learning and reading so much. If anyone can help, that’d be great. I guess I can always just stop by the SC. Thanks again!

Hi hi! After extensively going through the awesome YouTube video and pulling up my vehicle using the amazing timdorr api, I did not find the perf_config parameter and actually have a rather limited set of outputs. I have a 7/2017 Inventory X75D that I took delivery of last Friday (she’s one week old in my household) and I’m still learning and reading so much. If anyone can help, that’d be great. I guess I can always just stop by the SC. Thanks again!
They have removed the more detail outputs since 2017.48 firmware.

perf_config P1 is only half of the equation.

The 100D graph @Krash linked are my reports. Now that it's more widespread I feel comfortable talking about it. Mine was done OTA in my garage without a firmware update. I used Tesla Tools for iOS to get the data and report it to Krash.

I'll see if I can find a stretch of flat road to get 1/4 times.

The biggest difference I've observed isn't the 0-60 time. Still feels like Tesla is holding the car back to leave a gap between the P models. The big difference is slamming the throttle when at 20-50 when you need to pass, it can border on violent.

Reactions: xspace
Pretty bummed - Tesla said mine is not eligible (40xxx). Anybody else have a similar experience? Wonder what the cutoff date was.

"Your vehicle is not eligible for uncorking. Your vehicle was produced before the date when the hardware capable of this upgrade was installed on Model X vehicles.

The BMS Isensor protocol number confirms this as the number is less than the required value for supporting the upgrade."

Your vehicle was produced before the date when the hardware capable of this upgrade was installed on Model X vehicles
I find this hard to believe - mine X 35XXX vin was produced even earlier, but was still uncorked.
The BMS Isensor protocol number confirms this as the number is less than the required value for supporting the upgrade
This might be the real reason, though.