Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking 75Ds in the UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I share the frustration. I understand the points made by others in terms of age of car, state of charge, and non-ideal testing conditions all leading to not being able to achieve 4.2s in a MS but my issue is that under similar conditions, I’ve felt no improvement in acceleration before and after ‘remote uncorking’.

Before the procedure, I was driving in London with another MS75D behind me and when the driver changed lane we both decided to floor it. The other car pulled much quicker. We had a quick chat at the next traffic light and he explained he was uncorked and I should push to get mine done. That was two weeks ago, now since the remote uncorking I’ve felt no difference. Should’ve taken down his number for a re-race!

@taimurasad have you rechecked your option string? Previously it said MX75D 0-60 of 6s. Interested to know if Tesla have updated this on their system. It could be that we’re both half uncorked as Krash said in #137 but honestly I don’t know enough about torque and power to check and how I can convince Tesla to do anything about it.
Yes it still shows MT75A Spec MS 75D 0-60 mph 4.2 s and MT75A Spec MX 75D 0-60 mph 6 s to me. I think as @GeorgeSymonds pointed out earlier, this is nothing more than specs given for the original model based on the model code. What is more interesting is BP02 code for Non-Performance Uncorked Acceleration which shows up for both of us.

I have another theory. Given all the uncorks which were previously carried out in service centers, involved some sort of firmware update after uncork configuration change, I can't help but think that while Tesla may have changed the configuration for us remotely, the change won't take affect until next firmware gets installed. @AA 75D did you by any chance have had any new OTA firmware update since this remote uncork? The firmware update doesn't have to be related to uncorking.

Reactions: AA 75D
Yes it still shows MT75A Spec MS 75D 0-60 mph 4.2 s and MT75A Spec MX 75D 0-60 mph 6 s to me. I think as @GeorgeSymonds pointed out earlier, this is nothing more than specs given for the original model based on the model code. What is more interesting is BP02 code for Non-Performance Uncorked Acceleration which shows up for both of us.

I have another theory. Given all the uncorks which were previously carried out in service centers, involved some sort of firmware update after uncork configuration change, I can't help but think that while Tesla may have changed the configuration for us remotely, the change won't take affect until next firmware gets installed. @AA 75D did you by any chance have had any new OTA firmware update since this remote uncork? The firmware update doesn't have to be related to uncorking.
It's a fair theory that we require an OTA update, however I have had no OTA updates pushed to the car since the remote procedure. I think my car may be out of date, software version is 2020.48.37.8 and each time I check the software screen it tells me I'm up to date. I'm sure there were updates in 2021? I am running MCU1 and AP2.0, this info may be completely unrelated to the software version but stating it in case it is related, and if software updates stopped for these in 2020.

I think my car may be out of date, software version is 2020.48.37.8 and each time I check the software screen it tells me I'm up to date. I'm sure there were updates in 2021? I am running MCU1 and AP2.0
This is very off topic but based on cars that use TeslaFi and are AP2 you are up to date.

1642156059345.png

It's a fair theory that we require an OTA update, however I have had no OTA updates pushed to the car since the remote procedure. I think my car may be out of date, software version is 2020.48.37.8 and each time I check the software screen it tells me I'm up to date. I'm sure there were updates in 2021? I am running MCU1 and AP2.0, this info may be completely unrelated to the software version but stating it in case it is related, and if software updates stopped for these in 2020.
Oh I see yeah MCU1 rarely get updates these dates but you should still get security and minor updates here and there although we can't say when will you get the next one. As for me, I upgraded my 2017 car to MCU2 and AP3.0 in December 2020 and I already have holiday update 2021 installed. Waiting for the next one to see if it helps in changing anything related to remote uncorking configuration change done by Tesla. I will keep you updated here.

So I got a new firmware update, 2021.44.30.7, and even after updating to it, there's no difference in 0-60 time. My theory of BP02 remote configuration change taking effect after firmware update did not come true.

@AA 75D do you have any update at your end? Did you get in touch with Tesla again regarding this issue? I am not sure how do I persuade Tesla into looking at this again as they say they have it "resolved remotely".

Looking at energy graph and power meter, doesn't seem like my car goes till end of 200 curve, which makes me think it's corked no matter what Tesla or that BP02 string indicates. This power meter should go right till the end of 200 curve from various 0-60 videos I have seen of uncorked 75Ds on YouTube.

IMG_2885.jpg

tempImageFWq091.jpg

@Krash Do you have any suggestions what might be going on?

No luck my side unfortunately. I’ve tried requesting a remote firmware update / redeployment of current firmware, even verbatim repeating what Krash suggested on the phone and keep being met with the a “computer says no” type response.

I wonder if Tesla has just had a churn in staff and those from 2017 who were aware of uncorking have left, while new staff have only ever sold post July 2017 cars which had increased performance as standard. I say this because I’m still puzzled how they can remote uncork when so many before us needed multiple visits to the SC.

Out of curiosity, where are you based? Your screen shows 17C at 2.30am, I thought you were in the UK…I must be living in the wrong part as I’m getting sub zero.

…It seems really unlikely that any parts that would disqualify uncorking would have been put into cars as late as June.
Weren’t the UK cars “assembled”in Tilburg, Netherlands at the time? Not sure which parts they put together but it still seems unlikely that disqualifying parts would have been sitting around.

I assume that Tesla internal replacement procedures would prevent a battery that is uncorkable to be put into a car that is otherwise uncorkable.

As a theoretical exercise, it would be interesting to take a car with an uncorkable battery, put a new battery in it, have the service center run the uncorking routine (which I still think can’t be done remotely) and then put the old battery back in. I think that would leave you with the higher torque but lower power settings. Such a car would still feel uncorked.

Ok so I have an update. Tesla has remotely uncorked my car for me. I can feel the difference in initial acceleration and looking at energy graph and power meter, the car now goes till end of 200 curve. Really happy about this!

@Krash do you by any chance know what would the horsepower and torque numbers now would be for uncorked vs corked Model X 75D? Thanks

Reactions: AA 75D
285kW to 350kW
85kW/s to 105kW/s
500Nm to 560Nm
Plus or minus. We don’t have a lot of X samples.

Last edited by a moderator:
285kW to 350kW
85Nm to 105Nm
Plus or minus. We don’t have a lot of X samples.

Thanks for the reply but I don’t quite understand those numbers. You mean the total hp of uncorked 75X is 350 and torque is 105nm?

Ok so I have an update. Tesla has remotely uncorked my car for me. I can feel the difference in initial acceleration and looking at energy graph and power meter, the car now goes till end of 200 curve. Really happy about this!

@Krash do you by any chance know what would the horsepower and torque numbers now would be for uncorked vs corked Model X 75D? Thanks
That’s great news, and pleased to hear it worked even remotely. Thanks for the update.

Still no joy my side. I thought getting the infotainment upgrade and having the car’s software / firmware physically updated in the service centre might achieve results but that didn’t work either. I did also look under the car and confirm I have an 85kWh, 400VDC battery. After reading some of the other threads on this that Krash has tracked I couldn’t figure out if this meant my “75D” can’t be uncorked like the others.

Enjoy the acceleration boost! Well done.

Total power uncorked is 350kW. Total torque uncorked is 105nm. I’m tracking power and torque in metric units because CANBus talks in metric and because the actual limits are set in firmware in metric.

350kW = 476hp
Krash I still dont understand. Your post on another said a corked 75D is 500Nm torque 0-60 on 60d upgraded to 75d

But here you say it's 105Nm for uncorked? Can you please elaborate this? Shouldn't uncorked have more torque?

That’s great news, and pleased to hear it worked even remotely. Thanks for the update.

Still no joy my side. I thought getting the infotainment upgrade and having the car’s software / firmware physically updated in the service centre might achieve results but that didn’t work either. I did also look under the car and confirm I have an 85kWh, 400VDC battery. After reading some of the other threads on this that Krash has tracked I couldn’t figure out if this meant my “75D” can’t be uncorked like the others.

Enjoy the acceleration boost! Well done.
Thanks!

I got it done via Remote request in the app. Service Center I selected was Tesla Leeds 7 Whitehouse Street. It was all pretty straight forward, once they did the remote configuration change, the firmware had to be reissued for the changes to take effect. Once the firmware was reinstalled, all remotely done, I instantly noticed change in initial acceleration. The energy graph and power meter in the instrument cluster now goes right till end of 200 curve. I have also timed it and 0-60 time is now around 4.5-4.9 seconds.

Thanks!

I got it done via Remote request in the app. Service Center I selected was Tesla Leeds 7 Whitehouse Street. It was all pretty straight forward, once they did the remote configuration change, the firmware had to be reissued for the changes to take effect. Once the firmware was reinstalled, all remotely done, I instantly noticed change in initial acceleration. The energy graph and power meter in the instrument cluster now goes right till end of 200 curve. I have also timed it and 0-60 time is now around 4.5-4.9 seconds.
TLDR - summary of below: another case of remote uncorking confirmed.

Thanks @taimurasad. Positive news from me now too. I raised another service request in the app for uncorking and it was a wiftly cancelled due the configuration team replying the car was uncorked in January 2022.

Had to get it reopened, then I shared your exact wording by text and a software update was issued today (2022.12.3.6) which is the version I already had - so a redeployment of existing software as @Krash has previously suggested.

Was on my way out so scheduled the update for later but the instrument cluster said power was reduced and it needed a service, cruise control also disabled. Tried driving it around the block to find out what reduced power meant, and it wouldn’t go above 15mph - wouldn’t recommend anyone doing this if faced with a turtle icon and power reduced message. Hit update and as you said, uncorked!

Instantly felt the difference in acceleration at even a SoC of 50%. Will need to do a proper timed run but on a bridge with an incline and fear of a short runway I clocked 4.6s 0-60. Previously, only got marginally < 5s once.

In the unlikely scenario you buy a corked car and are reading this thread in a few years, as I was in December - know that the process seems to have advanced since early days and uncorking can be done remotely. You do need to be prepared to persevere with Tesla, and that’s fine, price to pay for being late to the party - but it’s worth it!

Had to get it reopened, then I shared your exact wording by text and a software update was issued today (2022.12.3.6) which is the version I already had - so a redeployment of existing software as @Krash has previously suggested.
Great news.

Could you repeat the wording you used as I had a look back and it didn’t jump out at me, might be useful for someone in the future.

And is the first step to check the BPxx code in your configuration, BP00 means you don’t have it and BP02 means you already do?
Thanks

TLDR - summary of below: another case of remote uncorking confirmed.

Thanks @taimurasad. Positive news from me now too. I raised another service request in the app for uncorking and it was a wiftly cancelled due the configuration team replying the car was uncorked in January 2022.

Was on my way out so scheduled the update for later but the instrument cluster said power was reduced and it needed a service, cruise control also disabled. Tried driving it around the block to find out what reduced power meant, and it wouldn’t go above 15mph - wouldn’t recommend anyone doing this if faced with a turtle icon and power reduced message. Hit update and as you said, uncorked!

Instantly felt the difference in acceleration at even a SoC of 50%. Will need to do a proper timed run but on a bridge with an incline and fear of a short runway I clocked 4.6s 0-60. Previously, only got marginally < 5s once.

In the unlikely scenario you buy a corked car and are reading this thread in a few years, as I was in December - know that the process seems to have advanced since early days and uncorking can be done remotely. You do need to be prepared to persevere with Tesla, and that’s fine, price to pay for being late to the party - but it’s worth it!
Glad my suggestion helped you get it uncorked as well! Welcome to the club 😎