Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking official for most 75Ds!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are many in Sweden who previously was denied but now there is a flurry of uncorks. I got four negatives at first, two from SC and two from escalated ticked. Then BOOM!
Was that successful after the second escalation ticket?

I've tried it again at the SC in Amsterdam, they guys checking in my car for regular service were not even aware of a possible performance update. Someone else joined and told them that my car had the wrong hardware, even without looking into any system. They just looked at the car for 2 sec...

I've escalated that later that day to someone in the service department through email. I spoke with him earlier on the phone and he is definitely aware of the possible uncorks. He said he's sorry for the mis-information his colleagues gave me and also told that still 99% of the cars are ineligible in the Netherlands. He had more requests for this and told me to definitely get back (not sure when...), he would check again if my car would be eligible then.

I'm picking up the car tomorrow morning, I don't expect it to be uncorked. If so, I'll let it know. Probably an escalation ticket through myTesla?

Was that successful after the second escalation ticket?

I've tried it again at the SC in Amsterdam, they guys checking in my car for regular service were not even aware of a possible performance update. Someone else joined and told them that my car had the wrong hardware, even without looking into any system. They just looked at the car for 2 sec...

I've escalated that later that day to someone in the service department through email. I spoke with him earlier on the phone and he is definitely aware of the possible uncorks. He said he's sorry for the mis-information his colleagues gave me and also told that still 99% of the cars are ineligible in the Netherlands. He had more requests for this and told me to definitely get back (not sure when...), he would check again if my car would be eligible then.

I'm picking up the car tomorrow morning, I don't expect it to be uncorked. If so, I'll let it know. Probably an escalation ticket through myTesla?

I really wouldn’t bother with the My Tesla escalation. As the car is in the service centre ask them to run the diagnostic check by plugging the car in. Tell them you want to know that the ‘BMS ISENSORPROTOCOL NUMBER’ has been checked, and is it greater than 3. The techies will know what this means, and this seems to be the only reliable way of checking the car out. The VIN list is hopelessly inadequate.

I also went through 4 rejections until my Service Centre checked a car that wasn’t in the list and found it was uncorkable. I took mine in and bingo, all done.

Sorry, relatively new member here. I tried to go through this thread to understand what the build date needs to be to get the uncork? Is it only July'17 and after? I have seen reference to some '16 70D's getting uncorked as well? Is that correct? Sorry again for this question and thank you.

Sorry, relatively new member here. I tried to go through this thread to understand what the build date needs to be to get the uncork? Is it only July'17 and after? I have seen reference to some '16 70D's getting uncorked as well? Is that correct? Sorry again for this question and thank you.
The majority of 2016 Refresh (new front end when they removed the nose cone) are eligible for the uncork if they can be software upgraded to the 75D. Thus, a 70D with the old nosecone will not get uncorked since it doesn't have the 75D battery, but a 70D refresh vehicle can get the 75D unlock paid for ($500) then will most likely (but not 100%) be eligible for performance uncorking (check with Tesla and get written approval before spending the money if you don't care for the 75D upgrade alone).

• Helpful
Reactions: Swift
@Leftysmasher the advice above is spot on, and you might find this tracker useful so see the range of cars that have been uncorked.

Tesla Uncorking 75D Tracker

The other major issue has been the VIN list used to advise owners if their car can be uncorked is hopelessly inaccurate. If your car VIN range is on the tracker and you get told no, don’t take that as gospel. If you are not to far from a service centre take it in and ask them to plug the car in for the diagnostic check.

I got a "your car currently shows as non-elegible. But call in 2 weeks ... maybe it will be updated".
Portugal, 75D, Vin:153xxx, delivered Sept2016.
Hope that this is a phased roll-out that will hit Europe sometime soon ...

I got my 75d uncorked last week in Stockholm. My understanding is that they dont look in "the uncorking" list anymore. When a called them and asked for uncorking they told me that that needed to extract the logs from the car and then called me back 30mins later to inform me that the car was uncorkable.

Reactions: gmorales
@MIT_S60 - thank you. I am looking at purchasing a '16 70D with new facelift but the seller has no idea if it can be upgraded or not. If I call Tesla to find out if it can or cannot - how would they know? Would they have to see the car? Given what @ Detay and DJP 31 have said above the VIN tracker seems to be inaccurate? Thanks again.

@MIT_S60 - thank you. I am looking at purchasing a '16 70D with new facelift but the seller has no idea if it can be upgraded or not. If I call Tesla to find out if it can or cannot - how would they know? Would they have to see the car? Given what @ Detay and DJP 31 have said above the VIN tracker seems to be inaccurate? Thanks again.

They don't have to see the car, the logs can be pulled remotely and the one that seems to be pivotal is:

"PT_BMS_ISENSORPROTOCOLNUMBER" has to be greater than 3

Battery Monitoring System, with the sensor reading above 3. Of the reports I've read on here the reading has tended to be 5, which means uncorking is possible. I've seen a couple of early facelifts report a 3, and they were a no to uncorking.

The 70D would have to be software unlocked to a 75D, but I think you know this anyway. Whether the owner is prepared to push this and get something in writing depends on who keen he is on selling it I guess. Tesla shouldn't really talk to you about it as it's not your car.

• Informative
Reactions: morrisdl
I've been waiting for my 75D to be delivered and the delay is apparently around the uncorking I asked to be done. It's a 5/17 build, new inventory. Apparently, they need a part in order to do this and are waiting for it to be delivered.

I was a little concerned from the beginning because in wading through the posts on this it did look to me like there was a period of pre 7/17 75Ds that were not being uncorked even though many 2016's had been successfully upgraded.

Indeed... If I only knew what the magical part was. My delivery person was only relaying info from the SC but I thought it was interesting that they mentioned a 'part'. I have heard tell that it can be both hardware and software for the uncorking - though difficult to understand why a 2016 75D would be software only and an early 75D might need hardware and software update...???

I will try and find out and post back here.

Indeed... If I only knew what the magical part was. My delivery person was only relaying info from the SC but I thought it was interesting that they mentioned a 'part'. I have heard tell that it can be both hardware and software for the uncorking - though difficult to understand why a 2016 75D would be software only and an early 75D might need hardware and software update...???

I will try and find out and post back here.

As usual, Tesla employees just makes stuff up to excuse their organizational incompetence. There is no hardware needed for uncorking. Tesla employees do this stuff all the time (make stuff up). Its so pathetic.

Just ask for your car immediately and you can get the uncork later. They are probably just misleading you about a delivery delay.

Reactions: Swift
I've been waiting for my 75D to be delivered and the delay is apparently around the uncorking I asked to be done. It's a 5/17 build, new inventory. Apparently, they need a part in order to do this and are waiting for it to be delivered.

I was a little concerned from the beginning because in wading through the posts on this it did look to me like there was a period of pre 7/17 75Ds that were not being uncorked even though many 2016's had been successfully upgraded.

I think you are being fed a line to justify the car being delayed, nothing to do with uncorking. There are no parts required, it’s a software adjustment. The “hardware and software” line was used when the new drive units were introduced and the 0-60 time reduced in July.

It was then announced that the majority of facelift 75D’s could be uncorked, and that is the case. The chaos has been because the VIN list used to determine eligibility is useless and countless owners, myself included, were told we had the wrong powertrain etc etc. I had 4 rejections until the car was plugged in at my SC and lo and behold it was fine to be uncorked and has been.

• Helpful
Reactions: Swift and Lodo1000
I don't doubt that's the case. The misinformation is all part of the cloud around the updates. They did throw some free maintenance in for the delay but it would have been better if they had just said its 3 - 4 weeks out and then possibly even surprised on the positive side.

I got my 75d uncorked last week in Stockholm. My understanding is that they dont look in "the uncorking" list anymore. When a called them and asked for uncorking they told me that that needed to extract the logs from the car and then called me back 30mins later to inform me that the car was uncorkable.

Exactly what happened to me a couple of days ago with Tesla on the phone. Although mine is not uncorked yet. It’s scheduled to be done while on the SC for the anual service next January... but they did pull the car logs to say it can be uncorked. If it works it will be a cool New Years present