Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v2020.8 rolling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree. The warning alarm for the unexpected (and unwarranted) steering correction whilst pootling along a country lane is startling enough for the driver, but it plays havoc with the passenger's peace of mind!

Just to chip in with another experience of this. Several times on perfectly normal country lanes. Started to wonder if it was bushes and things sticking out to confuse it but was it was adamant I was about to drive us off a cliff Thelma & Louise style.

I have installed this update and I am now getting regular steering correction warnings on minor roads.

I have never had them before and I have always had lane departure assist off so it doesn’t actually correct anything but it does issue a very loud warning.

anyone else notice this?

Yep I get this too.

It also looks like the detection range for other vehicles has increased or is it just me?

@greentheonly on twitter saying 2020.12 just a rebadged 2020.8 with a couple of new jpgs for traffic lights. No revelations.

green on Twitter

Presuming there's more than that, otherwise Tesla would have just released 2020.8.2

Week 12 in 2020 doesn't occur for another 2 weeks, so why are we seeing 2020.12 in the release number? That's no the way Tesla normally work.

Anyone else notice an extreme difference in the sound quality on a call? I just got 2020.8.1 and had the first phone call (don't get many in the car so this may actually have been from a prior). The sound quality was unbelievably improved. I double checked with my son to be sure he was on his cell phone. I believe he was in his house and not his car so further testing needed to verify that it is in the Tesla software but the difference was immediately noticed by both Neal and me.

2020.8.2 just been detected o_O On TezLab
Model 3

TezLabApp on Twitter

The progress of updates seems strangely mixed at the moment. None of the newer updates are being distributed at a rapid rate. Checking the online Teslafi firmware tracker shows the numbers sometimes going down before they come back up, with only a handful of confirmed downloads each day.TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

2020.8.2 just been detected o_O On TezLab
Model 3...
I have it downloaded but couldn't seem to install it on my S from either the app or in the car.

Screenshot_20200322-055201~2.png

I get this far:

IMG_20200322_061149.jpg

Last edited: