Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v2020.8 rolling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car arrived last Thursday with 2020.4.1 and 4.2 stuck up the spout.
A call to Tesla on Friday got 4.2 installed.
This morning 8.3 is waiting to download.
The wireless AP in the garage, gave up the ghost yesterday and a replacement arrives today (it’s been there ages with nothing to do!)
I had only got it set up as a range extender but I’ll hardwire this one to the router.

2020.8.3 on the way for me too - previously 2020.4.2 I believe, which installed about an hour after I left the Service Centre 3 weeks ago when I collected the car.

Currently stuck on 10%: hopefully I'm just being impatient, not getting that weird "update sticking on 10%" thing

Mine got updated to 2020.8.3 early this morning. No rhyme or reason to what people get it seems. I haven't even driven the car since getting it and have had 2 software updates in the meantime.

For what it's worth, I was on 2020.4.2 prior to that, and it was the phone app that told me about a software update, I hadn't even been in the car for more than 24 hours.

I’ve just installed 2020.8.3 from 2020.4.1, LR AWD, set to Advanced.

We've got the most curious mix of different versions on the go ... certainly since I've been following them! It also seems to be the case that some people without the "advanced" setting have received the later versions first ... very strange.

Last edited:
I've jus got notification to download 2020.8.3 on my SR+. Updating from 2020.4.1 and have got advanced selected as my update preference

Attachments

• 15856621129043304030607432811544.jpg
    15856621129043304030607432811544.jpg
    894.8 KB · Views: 60
As it's bin day and I had to go get provisions I thought I'd test 2020.8.3 - it didn't see a single traffic light or bin (I have enabled the setting).

Maybe we have the wrong type of bins and lights and need to have them upgraded (-:

My car arrived last Thursday with 2020.4.1 and 4.2 stuck up the spout.
A call to Tesla on Friday got 4.2 installed.
This morning 8.3 is waiting to download.
The wireless AP in the garage, gave up the ghost yesterday and a replacement arrives today (it’s been there ages with nothing to do!)
I had only got it set up as a range extender but I’ll hardwire this one to the router.
New router and LAN cable arrived this morning. 20mbs now in the garage. 2020.8.3 downloaded & installed. I drove up the track to where the wheelie bins are left out near the main road and the car spotted them.
It was nice to go for a drive albeit a 400 yard round trip

Reactions: Roy W. and drewpost
I just updated to 2020.8.3. from 2020.4.3 I think (M3LR) I say I, but I really mean my kids: they asked if they could sit in the car and be the security whilst it updated... I said yes, but you literally won't be able to do anything other than watch a progress bar slowly move for 25 minutes.
They said "bring it on".
And they literally sat and watched the progress bar.
What has lockdown done to us ??!!

As it's bin day and I had to go get provisions I thought I'd test 2020.8.3 - it didn't see a single traffic light or bin (I have enabled the setting).

Maybe we have the wrong type of bins and lights and need to have them upgraded (-:

Read the release notes=go to the auto-pilot settings menu and turn them on. ;) Don’t worry your in good company-I made the same mistake.