Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Version 2018.10.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have a lot of miles on AP 2.5 but tried it out last night after reading this thread. It does seem much better/smoother.

Maps seem quicker also but not sure on that just yet. Also, I haven't seen it mentioned but auto high beams seems better, I didn't feel myself waiting for them to dim and feeling guilty as a car approached because they usually dim 1-2 seconds later than I would manually.

I only had 2018.6.1 for four days before updating to 2018.10.4. I thought the AP in 6.1 was slightly better than 2017.50.3, but nothing dramatic. Tonight I get to drive 200 miles and will thoroughly test 10.4. :D

Well, the results are in. Not once did I have to wrest control away from AP during my drive, other than to avoid a piece of trash in the road.
10.4 handled all of the sharp hills and dips that used to try to kill me by steering me off the road.

The only thing I wasn't quite happy with, and it may not be solvable, is that with really strong, gusty side-winds, the car tends to weave a bit. Most likely it weaves a lot less than I would have had I been doing the steering, but as a passenger it was noticeable since I didn't have anything else to do other that to critique the car's driving. :)

10.4 is a win!

As I see these post I'm wondering where are the s updates. I haven't had an update to autopilot in a long time and it is still next to useless on anything but interstate highways. I am really disappointed after a year of this. No change from the first time they turned it on.

As I see these post I'm wondering where are the s updates. I haven't had an update to autopilot in a long time and it is still next to useless on anything but interstate highways. I am really disappointed after a year of this. No change from the first time they turned it on.

What do you mean by “s updates”? These are updates to the Model S and X enhanced autopilotwith hardware 2.0 and 2.5 that everyone on here is raving about. I agree with everyone here, it is getting progressively better and 2018.10.4 is a big jump forward.

Annnnndddd.... it now navigates the extremely narrow Hood River bridge that I cross several times a week. Note that the proximity sensors are solid red the entire way across.
I’ve been on that bridge, in a Model S and on a motorcycle. What you showed in your video is very impressive!
Autopilot drove me down HW 17 in California today. One of the most dangerous highways in (California).
Wow. I drive Hwy 17 a few times a month, usually in my Roadster. Can’t wait to try my X on that road in AP using the latest firmware