Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vin 0062x pickup in Tampa 12/23 at 6pm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is Amazing! They came to my house today to fix the issue with the car. It will need a part from California so they took my car and left a loaner (S) for a few days.

I have dealt with some good car dealerships including Land Rover, Jaguar and Lincoln. Tesla is a whole level above even the best dealership I have dealt with.
Maybe it's because your not dealing with a "dealer", but with the owner.:smile:

So in the case of my completely botched Model S P85D delivery, the DS was the least knowledgable and competent part of the process.
I would NOT put it that way. I have added an update after calling sales to get more data. What is frustrating for the buyer is if the DS sees the same range of dates as sales, but is most likely waiting for positive verification of the shipping arrival date before setting any possible delivery date.

Another delay could be Christmas Day. My range of dates includes this weekend, so if the driver took a vacation day, that could delay the process. Too bad UPS or FedEx doesn't track the shipping of cars.

Last edited:
I would NOT put it that way. I have added an update after calling sales to get more data. What is frustrating for the buyer is if the DS sees the same range of dates as sales, but is most likely waiting for positive verification of the shipping arrival date before setting any possible delivery date.

Another delay could be Christmas Day. My range of dates includes this weekend, so if the driver took a vacation day, that could delay the process. Too bad UPS or FedEx doesn't track the shipping of cars.

I'd just as soon my X is NOT shipped UPS or FedEx given the condition of some of the packages I've received this month...

In my experience every car has a GPS unit attached so the logistics folks know exactly where each car is. Depending on ship method they may or may not be able to tell the future route and arrival date though. For a gob of money they'll guarantee a certain delivery date, for a much more reasonable amount that date is a bit farther out with some squish. A car sitting in the yard in North Platte may move out later in the day if there's space available or may fit on a train tomorrow or maybe the next day.

Care to explain?
I have talked about this in great detail in March - I'm sure you can find this. I bored people to tears with my whining and complaining. Short summary: wrong paperwork. wrong paperwork. my wife was told she would have to be there exactly once to sign documents. she had to come back three more times. the DMV paperwork was also wrong which caused me to lose the custom plate that I wanted. Oh, did I mention that the delivery date that I was given was changed at the last moment and that the car had damage when I took possession? I have politely complained about the DS. He still works at the SC. And I heard from a Model X reservation holder that he is having a rather hard time getting information from the DS as well...

Things may be moving faster than the normal Tesla process can accommodate in their desire to get all of us our cars as quickly as they can (and yes, to meet delivery promises to shareholders - but that is part of being a publicly traded company).

I believe too that's the case. But I can sympatize with Mark Z who is paying the price for this rush : his car should be all metrics be one of the very first to be delivered yet he is totally in the dark. Imagine queuing for a popular event and randomly some of the people in line are pulled forward. That's grating for those who aren't.

I believe too that's the case. But I can sympatize with Mark Z who is paying the price for this rush : his car should be all metrics be one of the very first to be delivered yet he is totally in the dark. Imagine queuing for a popular event and randomly some of the people in line are pulled forward. That's grating for those who aren't.
I did add more about this at the Tesla Forum. Here is the quote: "I did find out that the earlier service center deliveries were, as mentioned on another thread, from the first 30 configured. Good to hear that lower VINs were shipped."

"My situation is unusual because Tesla management requested last October that I choose a new delivery location. Since then, new deliveries are quite common at the new location, so that helps. While I was willing to be flexible, there will be added frustration if the request to choose that new location results in a failed 2015 delivery. According to the DS, it could help speed the process this coming week. But, IMHO, that only occurs if the Model X arrives at their Service Center in time."

just got an email for mid-december delivery | Forums | Tesla Motors

I now know that VINs next to mine did make it to what would have been my original delivery location. I made one more additional call to Sales to determine the date the car would arrive at the newer Service Center. That person was spot-on with a range of dates, so the vehicle may be sitting there now awaiting final preparation.

One more thing... I learned that my Model X is shipped direct. (I had imagined that perhaps they could be sitting in a SoCal warehouse awaiting some last minute fix. That is NOT the case.) My Model X was also not shipped to another Service Center first. (I take the roll of Sherlock Holmes, when necessary, during delivery of any merchandise.)

Last edited:
Actually, the door design is quite smart. Opens enough for a narrow parking space (cool) but "holds" the door at whatever place you leave it. So you can fine tune a bit getting out of the car, but unlike other cars, you don't really have to hold it. (Most cars have one or two detents for the door to be held open -- this one behaves more like auto rudder trim in an airplane.)

Closing the door!?! What is the dark ages? :)

Some more pics from our delivery:
IMG_0698.JPG

IMG_0686.JPG
IMG_0687.JPG
IMG_0688.JPG
IMG_0691.JPG